Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What kind of abortion law would you support?
A law that bans all abortions (which will never pass the Supreme Court)
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
A compromise law that would outlaw all abortions past the first trimester
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
A law like Britans (abortions within 22 weeks)
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Status Quo. More abortions good. Less abortions bad
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Abortion only if needed to save the mother's life
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Abortion only for victims of sexual assault or incest
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: What kind of Abortion Law Would You Support Reply with quote

When Mulroney submitted his new abortion law to Parliament back in the day I remember talking to a religious idiot friend of mine who disagreed with the law because it would permit some abortions.

There should be no abortions NONE he raved. I stated that the government had to try to make a law that the Supreme Court would pass and that a law that outlawed all abortions would not. He replied that the law should outlaw all abortions and that he was against Mulroney's attempt at compromise.

I stated that if this law was not passed that I thought there would be no abortion law in Canada and that it would be open season for abortion and there would be millions more babies lost than if the law was passed. He replied NO WAY! NO COMPROMISE. He ceased to be my friend that day.

Now we have no abortion law in Canada and millions more babies have died than needed to if the Mulroney law had not been defeated by the religious idiots and radical abortion supporter a-holes who want all babies aborted. I was wondering where each of us stand on this debate.

I personally would like no abortions, but we live in a democracy so I am willing to compromise. A law like Britans that allows abortions until the baby is viable out side the mothers womb(which was just lowered to 22 weeks last week) is something I would be willing to accept in order to save some lives. A law that allowed abortions only during the 1st trimester would be my dream.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't have my personal dream option up their so I voted:

"A compromise law that would outlaw all abortions past the first trimester"

My dream option is:

Abortion illegal with the exception of:

Threat to a woman's life. (Mother's life takes priority over fetus)

But I realize that will never happen so I'd like a U.K. type law brought in for now, and possibly make it illegal to abort in the fetus stage, and make only embryo abortions legal.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have put the "only if needed to save the mothers life" option up. I can't seem to change the options on the poll now. Maybe if Craig or Mac reads this message they could.

I agree with you that I don't think that could ever be accepted by abortion supporters.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are asking the wrong question. In fact, the entire debate is framed in a way that favors one side, the so called "pro choice". The basic question is, are you dealing with human being are not? If they are human beings, then abortion does not describe what you are doing, it is homicide plain and simple. If you are not dealing with humans, only then is it correct to call it abortion. Framing it as the abortion debate presupposes that one side is correct. Really, it should be the "is this abortion or homicide " debate.

If inside the womb means not human, and outside the womb means human, if humanity is decided by no more than location, if rights are only for those who can ask for them, If we are merely evolved animals and morality is relative, then it is abortion. Otherwise....
mrsocko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for being pratical but I want see some lives saved. The people at both ends of the spectrum, the ones that call abortion murder and the ones that want abortion for 9 months of a pregnancy are the ones with blood on their hands. Any compromise is better than the status quo. Some lives saved is better than no lives saved. If Oscar Schindler had refused to play ball with the nazi to some degree he would not have saved the 120 lives he did.

I am talking about a dialogue with reasonable people who want an abortion law in Canada. ANY ABORTION LAW is better than none.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could support a law that outlawed abortions after the first trimester. This would make the abortions that I have the hardest time accepting ill-legal. Those being the ones done for the purposes of sex selection, birth defects, race, cleft pallet, downs. Partial Birth Abortions have just got to go, its an abomination to humanity that I just can no fathom a doctor even preforming given the Hippocratic oath. But I digress.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added two options, mrsocko; one which you requested and another which I think you overlooked...

-Mac
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I should have put the "only if needed to save the mothers life" option up.

To save the mother's life - is that only physically saving the mother's life or does that include mentally saving the mother's life?
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila mused:
Quote:
To save the mother's life - is that only physically saving the mother's life or does that include mentally saving the mother's life?

Of course it includes mentally saving the mother's life. That's why Kreskin and Uri Geller are against abortion. Those guys alone have saved thousands.
Sheila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So please tell me where all these horrid abortion clinics are? I have never heard of any in my area, or in the closest cities to me. Where are they and are women lining up to get abortions?
Sheila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Sheila mused:
Quote:

Of course it includes mentally saving the mother's life. That's why Kreskin and Uri Geller are against abortion. Those guys alone have saved thousands.

Currently it is the Doctor who is trying to read people's minds.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
So please tell me where all these horrid abortion clinics are? I have never heard of any in my area, or in the closest cities to me. Where are they and are women lining up to get abortions?

Since you don't know where they are they must not exist?

More abortions are performed in Russia than live births. It is a sick world because of this BS notion that women should have the right to choose to kill their babies.
Sheila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Sheila wrote:

More abortions are performed in Russia than live births. It is a sick world because of this BS notion that women should have the right to choose to kill their babies.

Hey Craig, I was just asking. Are you aware of any abortion clinics in Canada?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila wrote:
Craig wrote:
Sheila wrote:

Hey Craig, I was just asking. Are you aware of any abortion clinics in Canada?

Nope. But there were 120,000 babies killed in this country last year so there are plenty of them out there. Aren't most performed in hospitals?
donmuntean

Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7Reputation: 9.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two choices in the poll should be one choice...

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  

Jump to: