Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Democrats: OPEC's oil before Canada's Reply with quote

Certain Canadians seem fond of expounding on how much better things would be if the Americans just voted Democrat. I can't help but think they'd change their minds if they payed more attention ... here's an example, from Hot Air:

Quote:
Canada has an estimated 1.6 trillion barrels of oil on its territory, much of it locked in tough-to-excavate tar sands in the province of Alberta. By comparison, oil-rich Saudi Arabia has an estimated 270 billion barrels left. It isnít even close.

Yet, according to the Financial Times of London, Canadaís government recently sent U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates a letter of warning that it might not be able to sell the U.S. any of its oil, which the Pentagon desperately needs for national defense.

For that, you can thank the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, passed with great gusto and self-righteousness by the Democratic Congress.

Quote:
The bill classified oil from tar sands as an alternative fuel, which places restrictions on its use. Unlike regular crude, the US government cannot buy alternative fuels unless they release less greenhouse gas. The tar-sands crude unfortunately doesnít qualify, and itís not even close; it produces much more of those emissions than regular crude.

Everyone needs oil, so it's not like we won't find buyers. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather sell it to the American military than the Chinese, Norks, or Russians. And I'm sure Americans would rather buy from us than from Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Venezuela.

PS: This could have just as easily gone in the Climate Change thread ... as this is where the flawed thinking of AGW enthusiasts leads.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah Wright of Trinity United Church of Christ

Quote:
People have to put up with who cares what a poor black man has to face every day in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Somebody missed that. You got nervous because we got some white members here. I am still in Bible country. I am still in the text.

Jesus was a poor black man who lived who lived in a country and who lived in a culture that was controlled by rich white people.

The Romans were rich. The Romans were Italians which means they were European which means they were white. And the Romans ran everything which was in Jesus's country.

It just came to me within the past few weeks y'all why so many folks are hating on Barack Obama. He doesn't fit the model. He ain't white. He ain't rich and he ain't privileged.

Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold. Giuliani fits the mold. White men fit the mold.

Hillary never had a cab whizz past her and not pick her up because her skin was the wrong color. Hillary never had to be worried about being pulled over in her car as a black man driving in the wrong...

I am sick of negros who just do not get it. Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home. Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people!

Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had her people defined a non-persons. Hilary ain't had to work twice as hard just to get accepted by the rich white folk who run everything or to get a passing grade when you know you are smarter than that C-student sitting in the white house.

OH I am so glad that I got a God who knows what it is to be a poor black man in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people.

He taught me, Jesus did, how to love my enemies. Jesus taught me how to love the hell out of my enemies and not be reduced to their level of hatred bigotry and small-mindedness. Hillary ain't never had her own people say wasn't white enough.

Jesus had his own people siding with the enemy. That's why I love Jesus y'all. He never let their hatred dampen his hope.

Clearly Obama will distance himself from the comments :lol:

Jump to: