Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: I'm on Hillary's side! Reply with quote

Well sort of...Geraldine Ferraro quit Hillary's campaign yesterday because she gave her opinion that Obama would not be in the position he his right now if he was white.
To me this is obviously not a raciest remark and Hillary shouldn't be forced to distance herself from it.
Politically it might be more beneficial for her to but then again Obama is getting like 93% of the black vote anyway so there is probably not much to loose.
Ferraro is unapologetic about her remark and made a good point when she said “In 1984 if my name had been Gerald Ferraro, not Geraldine, I would never have gotten nominated”
LINK TO THIS STORY
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said but I'm not sure why that means you are on Hillary's side. It isn't Obama's fault that the media is being harsh on this lady.

More disturbing are some comments that a friend of Obama made about America today.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comeon, you need to take sides for partisan bickering to occur.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I agree with everything you said but I'm not sure why that means you are on Hillary's side.

Yeah I hear ya. Not really on her side as much as against the media buzz about the remark.
As I was following the story I realized that for the first time ever I was feeling empathy for Hillary et al.

Quote:
More disturbing are some comments that a friend of Obama made about America today.

I assume you're referring to his pastor? That guy is really quite bitter towards what he calls "a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people".

Jump to: