Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

how long have people been around?
100,000 years
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
10,000 years
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
whatever the bible says
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my great great great great grandfather was a worm.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The question is where did God come from?
I find it much more plausible that humans could come from "nothing" than God could come from "nothing".

The universe is here.

So God can be here.

You will say well I have proof the universe is here.

Well I have proof that God is here.

Argument that will never end so why bother?
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I'm saying that radiocarbon dating can date back to 60,000 thousand years so the notion that the earth has only been around for 6,000 years is absurd.

Actually....

"All radiometric dating methods are based on assumptions about events that happened in the past. If the assumptions are accepted as true (as is typically done in the evolutionary dating processes), results can be biased toward a desired age. In the reported ages given in textbooks and other journals, these evolutionary assumptions have not been questioned, while results inconsistent with long ages have been censored. When the assumptions were evaluated and shown faulty, the results supported the Biblical account of a global Flood and young earth. Christians should not be afraid of radiometric dating methods. Carbon-14 dating is really the friend of Christians, and it supports a young earth.

The RATE scientists are convinced that the popular idea attributed to geologist Charles Lyell from nearly two centuries ago, “The present is the key to the past,” is simply not valid for an earth history of millions or billions of years. An alternative interpretation of the carbon-14 data is that the earth experienced a global flood catastrophe which laid down most of the rock strata and fossils.... Whatever the source of the carbon-14, its presence in nearly every sample tested worldwide is a strong challenge to an ancient age. Carbon-14 data is now firmly on the side of the young-earth view of history."

source

...radiocarbon dating supports the young earth theory. But you won't find that in the whitewashed Wiki or your censored textbooks. Next.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
...radiocarbon dating supports the young earth theory. But you won't find that in the whitewashed Wiki or your censored textbooks. Next.

Right - because your sources aren't whitewashed but ours are - next....
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:

Right - because your sources aren't whitewashed but ours are - next....

Mine contain scientific evidence that has not been manipulated to support a broken theory.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
Mine contain scientific evidence that has not been manipulated to support a broken theory.

For every single source you can provide I can provide one hundred. Let me know if you are up to the challenge...

P.S. It will have to wait for two weeks though - I'm heading to the good old US of A for vacation in the morning :)
don muntean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:

For every single source you can provide I can provide one hundred. Let me know if you are up to the challenge...

P.S. It will have to wait for two weeks though - I'm heading to the good old US of A for vacation in the morning :)

8) Have a great time! :) :arrow:
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:

Well I hope you have an amazing vaction! Where are you visiting?

and yes...I would love to see a source that proves Carbon-14 levels have not been fluxuating and we have been in equilibrium for the last 60,000 years because that is what it would take for radiocarbon dating to be accurate at the levels Darwinian 'scientists' are claiming it is.

Enjoy your trip.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
Well I hope you have an amazing vaction! Where are you visiting?

Oregon coast. Never been but I hear it is beautiful.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

It is, especially in the summer. Enjoy!!

-Mac
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Amazing area! I have an uncle in Hood River and I sailed quite a few times up the Columbia River to Portland then down to LA. My favortite place is Canon Beach. Hanging out at Haystack rock during low tide is plenty fun.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:

Good source, AIG is a fine organization. Have you watched any of Ken Hamm's lectures?
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
Good source, AIG is a fine organization. Have you watched any of Ken Hamm's lectures?

Yes, they are. The science that is coming out through their organization is amazing and very solid. I could spend months reading through the Get Answers section on their website.

I had the opportunity to hear Ken Ham when I was young and his lecture was the first that made sense to me. After really spending time researching I was amazed at the pure rhetoric and lack of science existing within Darwinist circles.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig said:
Quote:

Try a good Pinot Noir when your out there. They make some of the best in the world. I'd be interested to see what you think of it.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
I had the opportunity to hear Ken Ham when I was young and his lecture was the first that made sense to me. After really spending time researching I was amazed at the pure rhetoric and lack of science existing within Darwinist circles.

It amazes me that out of everything in the scientific community, you agree with all science but disregard carbon dating as false. I do believe Darwin was a religious man.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: