Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I a Human Embryo Human
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
Planned Parenthood doesn't use the 'when does it become human' debate anymore because IT MAKES THEM LOOK STUPID AND BACKWARD and they like to use science when it benefits them.

I don't think it's the only argument, but it is one argument. You still haven't told me what you think makes a human a human...
Quote:
Your support for 'life' for some, but not others means that you do not understand the basic truth that gives your own life value. YOU'RE HUMAN - YOU HAVE VALUE. (Remember, we already know what human IS)

Really, can you give me a precise definition of what a human is?
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know GC,

I notice that you ask a lot of extraneous questions that you never give an answer for.

Why don't you tell us what makes a human human in your opinion.

Why don't you tell us what your rationale for that particular point is.

Hmmmmm...
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Ya know GC,

I notice that you ask a lot of extraneous questions that you never give an answer for.

Why don't you tell us what makes a human human in your opinion.

Why don't you tell us what your rationale for that particular point is.

Hmmmmm...

Ah, precisely my point. It is just that, an opinion.
In my opinion, in relation to the abortion issue, it becomes a human at the point of birth. My rationale is that up until that point the fetus is entirely dependent on its mother, and no mother should be forced to undergo the birth of a child. After that point, the baby is completely independent of the mother, so the mother is not being forced into doing anything that she doesn't want to do. Of course, the baby still needs to be fed and looked after, however anyone can provide that for the baby...and I'm sure all the anti-abortionists will be the first in line to adopt and take care of those babies...

Since I answered the question for you, perhaps you can now answer the question: What makes a human a human and what is your rationale behind that?
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gc,

I do believe I already gave my opinion on those two questions. I know you read it because you decided to interpret I was calling all folks who disagree with me insane.

My opinion was that this to me is too an important thing to leave a margin of error, I believe it is a human upon conception. I never once thought I had a fetus in any of my pregnancies and when I miscarried I never thought, "Oh well another fetus bites the dust". Most women, even those that I know that have gotten an abortion all agree that it is a baby, (from the moment they are told by the Doctor or the little blue line on a plastic stick ), not a fetus that they are carrying.
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
My opinion was that this to me is too an important thing to leave a margin of error, I believe it is a human upon conception.

That's a fair enough opinion.
Although, I don't think you've adequately explained why you think it is the moment of conception. What is it precisely that makes a fertilized egg human but an unfertilized egg or sperm not human?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:
You do realize that a fetus is a living human being. Therefore, according to your logic the woman (who got pregnant) should not be able to hurt another human being.

Notice how I said "IMO", which stand for In My Opinion. In your opinion it is a living human being. Let's not confuse opinions with facts.


Your statement of "IMO" was in reference to it being a woman's right to choose - NOT in reference to whether or not you think a fetus is a human being IMO...

Quote:
that's their choice (IMO)


So I'm not sure how stating "IMO" has anything to do with my statement (IMO).

Notice how I'm started putting "IMO" after everything I say just in case you were to incorrectly assume that everything I say is a fact unless I put that. You seem to be under the impression that you need to put "IMO" in order for something to be an opinion (IMO).
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
crazymamma wrote:
My opinion was that this to me is too an important thing to leave a margin of error, I believe it is a human upon conception.

That's a fair enough opinion.
Although, I don't think you've adequately explained why you think it is the moment of conception. What is it precisely that makes a fertilized egg human but an unfertilized egg or sperm not human?


Well what can I say GC?

It may not be "adequate" for you, but for 99.9999999999999999999999999% of people that I have this conversation with it is.

Sperm is sperm, an egg is an egg, when the two meet it's a BABY. IMNSHO.( In My Not So Humble Opinion)
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Your statement of "IMO" was in reference to it being a woman's right to choose - NOT in reference to whether or not you think a fetus is a human being IMO...

It's a woman's right to choose, IMO, because it is not human, so the two go hand in hand.
Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that you need to put "IMO" in order for something to be an opinion (IMO).

No, but just recognize that this issue is not black and white (as some think it is) but that different people have different opinions on what a human is.
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Sperm is sperm, an egg is an egg, when the two meet it's a BABY. IMNSHO.( In My Not So Humble Opinion)

Why??
Why does a fertilized egg deserve rights, but an unfertilized egg or sperm does not deserve rights?
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I thought I had broken it down so a child could understand. IMO

At least my children could understand.Even my 4 under 4.

I also have the opinion that Indian food is a tad too spicy for me, wanna break that down? You got an issue with that?


Last edited by crazymamma on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC

Are you aware that medical capability has progressed to the point that it can save a child born at 22 weeks? Given that this baby could survive independent of it's mother, with the help that you say graciously stipulated, why on earth are we aborting viable, by your definition, human beings?
Sheila





Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 556
Reputation: -6.8
votes: 16
Location: Central Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the morning after pill classified as prevention or abortion? Just asking.
lorettaw





Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6
votes: 1
Location: cayman/pei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc

In 1857, the American Medical Association's Committee on Criminal Abortion arrived at the unanimous conclusion that the "fetus in utero is alive from the moment of conception" and that abortion is the "wilful killing of a human being."

That's at least how long we have known this to be fact.

Is it your 'opinion ' that the world is flat?


Sheila,
Since the 'morning after' would be 'after' conception , that would make using a 'morning after' pill abortion in fact and intent.
Bleatmop





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 953
Reputation: 17.5Reputation: 17.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:



Sheila,
Since the 'morning after' would be 'after' conception , that would make using a 'morning after' pill abortion in fact and intent.


Not necessarily. Conception may not have happened within 12 hours. Sperm can live for up to 48 hours within the womans reproductive organs, and conception can happen at any time during those 48 hours. The "Morning After" pill prevent ovulation, may prevent fertilization (conception to you), and prevents implantation.
lorettaw





Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6
votes: 1
Location: cayman/pei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, but then someone who was concerned about murder would err on the side of caution, and not take the pill. You don't actually know if the egg and sperm 'get together' until quite a bit later, but the possibility is there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Abortion as a Rascist tool

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB