Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorettaw

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

No doubt you are more intelligent. I think our difference has more to do with life experience. What we have already been/not been through. Sorry, it takes time and is an individual thing. I'm sure there are areas we might agree on, or that you have a more real perspective of than I do. I don't thin k this is one.

There is no merit in being able to secure followers - alone. No merit in being Hitler. None.
Its part of today's inability to recognize TRUTH, believe in the existence of truth that allows people to admire evil, for its 'intelligence, oratory skills, ability to sway, POWER. Its what a world living in a moral vacumn can relate to. Surface attraction, no substance, a vacumn waiting to be filled with...

No Craig, I don't think I'm 'smarter' than you . I think I'm right. (you argue like a liberal!)
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
Perhaps we are the only ones...we live there only 4 mo., the rest in Cayman. Therefore I haven't actually voted for a while.(Non-resident) Still, I'd love for Canada to recoup some of her cultural losses (like her pioneer independance) so that I'd be comfortable in Canadian society again.

I bet I can guess which four months... and none of them have snow!! :lol:

lorettaw wrote:
(Trudeau didn't 'cultivate' his popularity. He enjoyed it, but it was not his 'purpose'. )

The cultural losses you mentioned are a direct result of Trudeau's governance and if you don't believe Trudeau didn't cultivate his popularity, you're deluding yourself. Every movement, even the Salmon Arm Salute, was deliberate and calculated. Why do you think the media, who normally love all things Liberal, turned on Trudeau? They didn't like being manipulated.

-Mac
lorettaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said, I don't think that was his purpose. I think he enjoyed playing with it, seeing how the public reacted. To tell the truth, I never noticed the media turning on him, but maybe they embarrassed themselves....they don't seem to ever acknowledge being used, even if they are. (I don't doubt that trudeau 'used' them.) What I'm talking about is that he had stuff that was important to him, that he was working on. THAT was his purpose. I don't believe he understood what the end result of his learning process being made into law would be. His 'errors' are part of himself, his belief system and his formation. I hear that by the end of his life he realized some things, and we can all hope he's up there praying we'll figure out how to get back to reality. I'm not saying its not his fault. I just don't hate him anymore. Its up to us now, and if we can't 'get real' we'll only make it worse.

By get real I mean stop being relativistic, and starting being rational. Right and wrong. Good and bad. Make some choices. Take responsibility. (I would add - know God.)

We go up in time to plant a garden, and leave after the zucchinni are played out. : ) We're not really in Cayman for the sun. Its family heritage . Modest Christian living. So far.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
No Craig, I don't think I'm 'smarter' than you . I think I'm right. (you argue like a liberal!)

Actually, you provide no basis for your belief other than that you are smarter (on this subject). THAT is a very liberal way of arguing.

Being able to inspire is what leadership is ALL about. If George W. Bush can be president then a monkey can be president. Surrounding yourself with good managers is what is needed to achieve success. Obama has very strong leadership qualities. Whether or not he surrounds himself with the appropriate people is yet to be seen. But since he hates Washington so much I'm willing to bet that he will do things differently - which is a good thing.

Don't get me wrong. I would never vote for the guy - I'm a conservative to the core. I'm just not a partisan hack and am willing to give credit to my opponents when credit is due. You might call me naive for this but I call you blind for being unwilling to give him credit for what is a great talent.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let them have the leader that they deserve, the leader that will forever topple America from its perch and plunge it into mediocrity.

Other days, I figure the US deserves better.

I don't know about deserves, but the world requires better than an Obama presidency.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

My comment about arguing like a liberal refers to how you become personal when someone disagrees. Its also called arrogance. Common with young enthusiastic persons. (Old experienced people can be arrogant too)

If you care to read many many other opinions about Obama, from Americans, check out the conservative blogs there. (Quite a few video clips of his vapid elocutions, and an hilarious one that shows where a lot of his best lines come from (like movies).

I don't agree that Obama is wonderful. I think he is a well educated shell. I'm not the only one to think that, and I base it on his own speeches. My thoughts on what that means come from my understanding of the meaning of history, and my own experience of life. You don't have to agree. The fact that I have a different opinion than you ISN'T PERSONAL.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
My comment about arguing like a liberal refers to how you become personal when someone disagrees. Its also called arrogance. Common with young enthusiastic persons. (Old experienced people can be arrogant too)

You really think highly of yourself don't you. You accuse ME of making this personal?!?

Here are some of your quotes...

Quote:
He definitely has followers, but they shouldn't include anyone with a) moral integrity, and b) ability to think on their feet

Quote:
There's a lot more to being 'inspiring' than being able to fool fools

Quote:
People get led NOWHERE all the time. On purpose. They choose the nowhere. Floating in ignorance . Sheeplike.

And I'm the one making personal attacks am I?

I'm 33 years old. I've run for parliament. I've been actively involved in about 10 different election campaigns. I co-started this website (one of the largest political websites in Canada). I've run several other political websites. I don't need your patronizing "I'm older and wiser than you" crap.

There is nothing more arrogant than someone being patronizing. Now, you seem like a nice person - but you've got to lose the whole "I know more about politics than you" attitude.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm 33 years old. I've run for parliament. I've been actively involved in about 10 different election campaigns. I co-started this website (one of the largest political websites in Canada). I've run several other political websites. I don't need your patronizing "I'm older and wiser than you" crap.

With all due respect and congratulations on your many accomplishments, I must say you really are being overly sensitive.
lorettaw has not been too harsh in stating her correct assessment of Obama and his fans.
Suck it up, I don't think it's personal!
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanmonk wrote:
Quote:

With all due respect and congratulations on your many accomplishments, I must say you really are being overly sensitive.
lorettaw has not been too harsh in stating her correct assessment of Obama and his fans.
Suck it up, I don't think it's personal!

She basically called me sheepish and "floating in ignorance". And then had the nerve to suggest that I'm the one making this personal. Thanks for chirping in munk but I don't "suck it up". When people are rude to me I respond and will continue to do so.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,
None of the comments you refer to were in reference to you. I did not count you as a follower of Obama, for example, since you stated that you merely thought he was inspiring, but would never vote for him. I have not put myself forward as an expert on anything, but supported my opinion, when you asked, by stating where it was derived from. 'sheep' and 'floating in ignorance' were refering to Canadian/ secular humanist /relativistic society in general (I think you should re-read that one.) I am not a party hack, by the way. I've been a non-resident for 7 years - no memberships. No power. Nadda.

No doubt you are better educated and much more successful than I. I wish you well. It takes a lot of energy and enthusiasm to maintain a blog such as this. My interests are very specific. You happened to hit upon one.

Perhaps you are too sensitive, and perhaps I have not been sensitive enough. Let's call it a day.
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic at hand. A typically vacuous speech by Michelle Obama, as excerpted by William Kristol (link):

William Kristol wrote:
But they can be repaired. Indeed, she had said a couple of weeks before, in Los Angeles: “Barack Obama ... is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Back to the topic at hand. A typically vacuous speech by Michelle Obama, as excerpted by William Kristol (link):

William Kristol wrote:
But they can be repaired. Indeed, she had said a couple of weeks before, in Los Angeles: “Barack Obama ... is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

Barack should use more of her words. He over uses the word change.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
Perhaps you are too sensitive, and perhaps I have not been sensitive enough. Let's call it a day.

Deal
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop Im sure Obama agrees with you that he should CHANGE his vocab.
His speeches could use some CHANGE.

hahahahah

what America needs is a white man and the status quo.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was an American Citizen I would most likely vote for McCain, however I will admit that I have been very much swept up into "Obama-Mania" as of late,

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

Jump to: