Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorettaw

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This You Tube clip says it all for Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....imals.com/

He better hope he doesn't get elected, or his fans may change their minds.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just as well the spotlight wasn't shined on Billery's list of accomplishments either since she hasn't done anything noteworthy either... but I almost felt sorry for that spokeman. Almost... :wink:

-Mac
Toro

Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not hard to understand why conservatives like Obama, even if they don't agree with him. His sunny optimism is the closest thing to Reagan since Reagan left office.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're being sarcastic I hope.' Sunny disposition'? That may pass as an attribute in Canada but...
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an inspiring speaker for certain. It's too bad he is so left wing. Why don't we have someone like that on the right??? :(
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
He's an inspiring speaker for certain. It's too bad he is so left wing. Why don't we have someone like that on the right??? :(

I know! :(

I mean Stephen Harper is a strategic genius, is doing really great stuff for this country, but he honestly isn't the overly charismatic guy...which isn't the all in all when looking for a leader.

Just it would be nice to have someone like Obama or Trudeau on the right side of the political spectrum some day! In terms of charisma, inspiration, revolution, etc.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trudeau was a goof. I don't consider him to be in the same league of "inspiring" as Obama.
lorettaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing something. Perhaps I'm the wrong demographic (too old)? How is being talked down to and served platitudes 'inspiring'. How is a total lack of substance (see 'talked down to') inspiring? How can someone so completely without any roots in reality, inspiring? When did (so called) eloquence start trumping - say, TRUTH?

Sorry, you guys don't sound very 'Tory'. Maybe you're just talking about a PR accomplishment? He definitely has followers, but they shouldn't include anyone with a) moral integrity, and b) ability to think on their feet. His followers should ONLY be politically correct liberal FOLLOWERS. He is only fit to lead people who can't/don't think. If (which seems more likely every day) he becomes Dem leader, pray he doesn't become President, because he is the perfect guy to be used by others. No substance = gonna be supplied with it by someone else. WHO WILL THAT BE?

There's a lot more to being 'inspiring' than being able to fool fools. 'Inspiring' should mean someone is 'inspiried towards SOMETHING. Obama isn't doing that. He's advocating 'change', without a planof what/ when/ or how. Its not going anywhere. Only fools can be inspired to go nowhere.

(Perhaps a bit harsh for this thread, but then I'm getting old, and the sugar is long gone.)
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
Its not going anywhere. Only fools can be inspired to go nowhere.

It is impossible to go nowhere. If you "go" you always go somewhere. And in the case of America it better get going because where it is at isn't where it should be. Any FOOL can see that.

You call can into question by "toryness" all you want. You can call me a fool. But the hair on my arms stand up when hearing him speak and that is worth something. Sometimes being inspired itself is a big step in the right direction even if you don't agree with where he wants to take you.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
(Perhaps a bit harsh for this thread, but then I'm getting old, and the sugar is long gone.)

A Tory from PEI? Is there such a thing? If memory serves, your province went 100% "red" during the last election... and the one before that as well... :oops:

Just kidding. What part of the Million Acre Farm are you from?

-Mac
lorettaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we are the only ones...we live there only 4 mo., the rest in Cayman. Therefore I haven't actually voted for a while.(Non-resident) Still, I'd love for Canada to recoup some of her cultural losses (like her pioneer independance) so that I'd be comfortable in Canadian society again.

Craig,
When I was 17, there was a federal election just BEFORE my 18th birthday that broke my heart because I wasn't able to vote for Trudeau. I understand charisma, and the attraction to powerful personalities. I would not put Obama anywhere near Trudeau in natural magnetism. Obama has guys coaching him. Trudea always had his own very clear ideas. He was wrong about a lot of stuff, but part of it was that he didn't anticipate how drastically society would change. He was used to speaking out as a rebel. Obama's sort will try to stifle the 'rebel', the traditional , rational, CHristian, etc.. Different times....

My hair stands up when I hear Obama too....the way it does when I'm walking down a dark alley. I recognize a fraud, and I'm old enough to know how much people will let go forward to maintain the illusion. A lot! Obama reminds me more of Hitler than anyone else. He uses his speaking abilities(?) the same way. He is deliberately building a cult following. I don't follow cults. (Trudeau didn't 'cultivate' his popularity. He enjoyed it, but it was not his 'purpose'. ) When I learned enough about reality to discern some of the problems with the world Trudeau was proposing, I was no longer a fan. We don't know where Obama is headed. He is a pretty face with an orchestrated performance, reeling in those who are afraid to look at the future, those who DON"T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

I can't stand it when people try to deliberately dupe me, and Obama fits that profile. Instead of being attracted I'm repelled by his dishonesty. He appears immensely UNattractive to me.

People get led NOWHERE all the time. On purpose. They choose the nowhere. Floating in ignorance . Sheeplike.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
He definitely has followers, but they shouldn't include anyone with a) moral integrity, and b) ability to think on their feet. His followers should ONLY be politically correct liberal FOLLOWERS. He is only fit to lead people who can't/don't think.

100% correct lorettaw.
Hopefully once the spotlight is on him in a more critical way people will smarten up.
The Pied Piper sure can rally his base though, but than again the welfare types generally have more time on their hands to attend rallies so maybe too much shouldn't be read into it.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorettaw wrote:
I understand charisma, and the attraction to powerful personalities. I would not put Obama anywhere near Trudeau in natural magnetism. Obama has guys coaching him.

Obama delivers 45 minute speeches without any notes or a tele prompter. THAT is not coaching.

A leader is ALL about charisma. That is what a leader is. It is the people in the back room who do the real work.

Quote:
Obama reminds me more of Hitler than anyone else. He uses his speaking abilities(?) the same way. He is deliberately building a cult following. I don't follow cults.

Hitler was a great leader. He was evil. But he was a great leader. Certainly, he wasn't a fraud.

Quote:
When I learned enough about reality to discern some of the problems with the world Trudeau was proposing, I was no longer a fan.

Quit pretending like you are smarter than me. I don't like Obama because I'm dumb. Nothing more annoying than debating someone whose whole argument revolves around "if only you were as smart as I am you would understand".

Quote:
We don't know where Obama is headed. He is a pretty face with an orchestrated performance, reeling in those who are afraid to look at the future, those who DON"T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

You've got to be kidding. Those who are afraid of the future should vote for the status quo - Hillary. Obama represents change and saying that those who support him are afraid of the future is backwards.

Quote:
I can't stand it when people try to deliberately dupe me, and Obama fits that profile.

Your argument is 100% conjecture. You have no solid proof that he is "duping" you.

Quote:
People get led NOWHERE all the time. On purpose. They choose the nowhere. Floating in ignorance . Sheeplike.

Yes - if only we were as brilliant and insightful as you. I can only hope that someday I am as wise as you :roll:
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big McCain fan but I thought he put it quite well last week when he said:
I will fight every moment of every day in this campaign to make sure that Americans are not deceived by the eloquent but empty calls for change that promises no more than a holiday from history and a return to the false promises and failed policies of a tired philosophy that trusts in government more than people.
Obamas 45 minute speeches are just memorized words 'borrowed' from liberal friends..."just words"...
It takes a lot more than oratory skills and charisma to be a leader...
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some days, I want to see Obama elected president, let liberals the world over revel in the failed policies that may or may not make up his platform (as far as I can tell, he has no policy positions). Let them have the leader that they deserve, the leader that will forever topple America from its perch and plunge it into mediocrity.

Other days, I figure the US deserves better.

I guess we will see what president the US deserves come November.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  

Jump to: