Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
First Lady

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: A new year; new beginnings and successes. Reply with quote

The following email has gone out to Alberta Alliance members; in conjunction with a similiar email going out to Wildrose Party members.

Snail mail letters were sent this past Friday.

Quote:
December 30, 2007

Notice of Special General Meeting (SGM) of the Alberta Alliance Party.

Dear Alliance Party Members,

During the month of December the Provincial Council has been in negotiations with the Wildrose Party of Alberta to unite the parties. After several weeks of negotiations the Alberta Alliance Provincial Council has approved the following terms to a merger, subject to the approval of our members at a Special General meeting, to be held in Calgary, AB on Saturday January 19th 2008. We invite you to attend this meeting and ask that you pre-register by January 12th to insure we have adequate space for each attendee. You must be a current Alberta Alliance member.

The decision to merge the parties is entirely up to you. The following six resolutions will be submitted for consideration by all Alberta Alliance members in attendance.

Be it resolved that;

1) the Alliance changes the name of the “Alberta Alliance Party” to the “Wildrose Alliance Party of Alberta”.

2) the Wildrose Alliance adopt new Bylaws substantially the same as those of the “Wildrose Party of Alberta”.

3) the Wildrose Alliance immediately conduct election of officers.

4) the Wildrose Alliance call and provide notice of an Annual General Meeting to be held by May 1, 2008.

5) the Wildrose Alliance accept all the assets and liabilities of the “Wildrose Party of Alberta”; following the acceptance of the merger by members of both the Alberta Alliance and the Wildrose Party at their respective Special General Meetings.

6) the Wildrose Alliance allow all members of the “Wildrose Party of Alberta” to exchange their membership in the Wildrose Party for a membership in the “Wildrose Alliance” for the unexpired term.

Both parties will have conducted due diligence examinations of the other, prior to the January 19th 2008 SGM.

If the merger is approved, the Wildrose Alliance will reimburse candidates for expenses already incurred for election material that bears the Alberta Alliance name to facilitate the transition to new name. (Candidates will have to provide documentation of the original expenses to be reimbursed.)

If the union is approved, a meeting of the new Provincial Executive shall follow the SGM, to establish by-laws for candidate selection and constituency formation.

Members of the “Wildrose Party of Alberta” have been invited to attend. If members of the Alberta Alliance approve the above resolutions, Wildrose Party members will then be recognized as voting participants at the SGM.

I hope you can join us for this important meeting.

Sincerely,

Jane Morgan, CFO

On behalf of the President

& the AAP Provincial Council.

Saturday January 19, 2008
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Westin Hotel
320 - 4th Ave SW, Calgary, AB

For Information contact Jane Morgan: 1-888-262-1888 or e-mail: info@albertaalliance.ca
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great!

The only way to overthrow the PCs into a new conservative movement it too be united.

I hope it passes.

Any chance of getting the Social Credit on board? Aren't they a bit obsessed on their name?
First Lady

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley W wrote:
That sounds great!

The only way to overthrow the PCs into a new conservative movement it too be united.

I hope it passes.

Me too; I am very optimistic.

Quote:
Any chance of getting the Social Credit on board? Aren't they a bit obsessed on their name?

One step at a time. And, yes they are.

I think our chances would be better at getting the Alberta Party onside. Personally, I like them better anyway..... :lol:
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this on your site:

Founded in 2002, the Alberta Alliance has quickly become the credible conservative alternative to Ralph Klein's Tories. Recent polls show the Alberta Alliance polling 19.8% province-wide and up to 33% in specific Ridings.

Where could I find those polling results.

Thats way above the level of NDP support, and closing in on Liberal support numbers.

I assume the party targets mainly rural ridings?

I also checked Student Vote Alberta, and you guys got 2 seats (compared to the 1 adults gave you) in the youth vote. Thats encouraging!
First Lady

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley W wrote:
I read this on your site:

Founded in 2002, the Alberta Alliance has quickly become the credible conservative alternative to Ralph Klein's Tories. Recent polls show the Alberta Alliance polling 19.8% province-wide and up to 33% in specific Ridings.

Where could I find those polling results.

Thats way above the level of NDP support, and closing in on Liberal support numbers.

That is poorly worded; it should be past tense. As that was the situation then.

Quote:
I assume the party targets mainly rural ridings?

I also checked Student Vote Alberta, and you guys got 2 seats (compared to the 1 adults gave you) in the youth vote. Thats encouraging!

It is, especially since many of them are of voting age now.

Jump to: