Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Cesspool of Losertarians Reply with quote

Since this BT has become a cesspool of Losertarians pretending to be Conservatives, I am going to call it what it really is: A Cesspool of Losertarians

For that, I am going to remove that blogging tories link from my blog and this is my last comment in this losertarian forum.

have fun rooting for the crazy uncle Ron Paul

:)
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad.

-Mac
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Just...

Wow.

What happened to you Winston?
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question...

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get lost
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is the next logical step after Winston2004 was not able ot convince people that Ron Paul is a "losertarian crazy uncle". He really shoud have stuck to debating with facts, not insults and smear tatics. It was unbecoming of him and of this forum.

I can't say that I sad to see him go, but I suspect that after he cools down, he will be back, provided that he his not banned.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
I can't say that I sad to see him go, but I suspect that after he cools down, he will be back, provided that he his not banned.

I doubt it. He's a good guy but he has too much pride...
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand anything about Ron Paul. He is not going to win, that is just a simple fact. He is not the establishment candidate, and the establishment candidate ALWAYS wins in the end. Therefore, railing against Ron Paul had about as much relevance as railing against Ross Perot, or Ralph Nader. To actually get worked up and emotionally involved over Ron Paul, that makes even less sense.

Basically, Winston was spending all his time and effort, as a Canadian, campaigning against an American US presidential hopeful who was guaranteed to lose anyway. He was trying to kneecap a horse that was never even in the race.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading his blog, it's apparent Winston still harbours strong feelings about his former country, Iran, and he's solidly against the Iran's current government to the point he wouldn't be disappointed to see the mullahs pushed off the throne.

That's not likely to happen without foreign intervention. For that reason, I suspect he can't abide any candidate whose stated policy is non-interference. Candidates like Paul might not get picked but they can influence policy bringing their platform to the debates.

Apparently, that possibility was sufficient to push Winston over the edge.

-Mac
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cesspool of Losertarians Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
Since this BT has become a cesspool of Losertarians pretending to be Conservatives, I am going to call it what it really is: A Cesspool of Losertarians

For that, I am going to remove that blogging tories link from my blog and this is my last comment in this losertarian forum.

have fun rooting for the crazy uncle Ron Paul

:)

I am disappointed. Your posts on other topics seemed well-considered. Further, I am personally no Ron Paul fan, and don't find myself unwelcome. Perhaps it takes being a Yank to understand that Ron Paul is a wingnut. Then again, Mulroney looked like a good PM from afar.

I wish you hadn't trashed this forum so precipitously. though.
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
He is not the establishment candidate, and the establishment candidate ALWAYS wins in the end.
Hilary Clinton is the only "establishment" candidate in this race. The GOP has none.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this thread be deleted. I don't see the purpose of keeping it when the member(former member) has decided not to post anymore.

I don't condone the way he left but I will miss Winston and his insite into the muslim world.
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of deleting threads since that often leads to accusations of censorship. We have nothing to be embarrassed about; it's Winston's bad behaviour, not ours.

I expect this thread will drift off the main page soon and slip quietly into the archives... which is the best place for it...

As one of the most prominent libertarians on the forum, I believe Winston intended this thread to provoke an angry reaction from myself and others. What a disappoint for him. I'm disappointed and I'm saddened but I'm not angry.

-Mac
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title is the most disrespectful I have ever seen on this board, one I would have expected from a NDP troll.

He was pissed at some libertarians and he slimed the whole board. Totally unlike him to do that. I hope he is not going thru a personal crisis.

I was checking the no replies and noticed that of the 50 threads on the first page of ones with zero replies Winston had posted 28 of them. I could see how that could piss a person off if he felt he was being ignored. :lol: Maybe that started his meltdown. :lol:

I was second on the list and I had 4. :shock:

And in the words of Frank Costanza(George's dad on Seinfeld),

Quote:
I got a lot of problems with you people!
:?
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm terribly happy about this... Winston made some great contributions to the board on other topics. His 'losertarian' comments never really annoyed me, mostly because I'm not sure that he really understood libertarianism (not that I do...).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: