Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: The CBC's Bias against the Right Reply with quote

CBC news coverage a bit of a charade
http://www.canada.com/edmonton.....cebf7ff110

Quote:
Of course, there are little examples of the corporation's bias every day: the way it looks for the most reasonable spokespersons to represent the liberal-left side of an issue and for inarticulate amateurs to represent the right-of-centre side. The adjectives -- controversial, contentious, right-wing -- it uses to describe conservatives versus the ones -- progressive, dedicated, moderate -- its uses to describe the left. Most of the time Mother Corp's bias simmers just beneath the surface -- a sneer here from the host, a scoffing tone there from a reporter.

In a recent report CBC did on the influence of Christians in the U.S. government, all of the reporters and analysts who set up the segment and who commented on it subsequently were clearly hostile to people of faith with right-of-centre views. They framed the discussion in a way in which it was impossible for viewers to disagree with their slant and still appear sensible: Do you agree or disagree with the way conservative Christians are attempting to break down the separation between church and state?

This is what reporters and politicians sometimes call the "Do you still beat your wife?" question. There is no way a person who disagrees with the questioner can answer and still appear reasonable.

But how come the report included only conservative Christians seeking to instil traditional values in public affairs? How come there were no examples of social-justice preachers and priests who use their positions of influence to push for more welfare, or carbon emissions curbs, same-sex marriage or withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan?

Oh, that's right, because when faithful people share the same worldviews as CBC reporters and producers, they're merely being sensible and judicious. They are not dangerous fundamentalists hell-bent on destroying our way of life. So it never even occurs to the people devising the alarmist stories CBC runs to cover the threat from the left as well as the right

I watch the CBC every night and have seen similar crap. It's ususally not blatant, but every once in a while they will pull a "Toronto Star" and unload on the right. From now on I am going to use this thread to highlight cases of the CBC's leftwing bias, just to see how bad it really is.

If there is a positive rightwing story I will comment on it to.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is a 1.1 billion dollar waste of money.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bias in CBC?!? You kidding? :D
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, I don't care whether the government dismantles the CBC or not... as long as they stop funding it. Privatize it... and good riddance!

-Mac
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is absolutley ridiculous that we spend a billion dollars a year on state run television when there are people in this country without family doctors.

The CBC should be privatized and that money should be put into medical schools and scholarships.

I think if Harper came out and asked Canadians what they would rather have, state run t.v. or a family doctor he could get away with privitizing the CBC.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad we couldn't privatize the Star!
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mltoryblue wrote:
The CBC should be privatized and that money should be put into medical schools and scholarships.

Anything wrong with putting the money toward the national debt (and resultant tax cuts go back to Joe Taxpayer)?

-Mac
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
mltoryblue wrote:

Anything wrong with putting the money toward the national debt (and resultant tax cuts go back to Joe Taxpayer)?

-Mac

No, there is absolutley nothing wrong with that and I agree with you.

I just think it would be an easier sell to the Canadian public. I think Harper could accomplish this quicker. He could probaly get support from the bloc and maybe even some support from the dippers.
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mltoryblue wrote:
Mac wrote:
mltoryblue wrote:

-Mac

No, there is absolutley nothing wrong with that and I agree with you.

I just think it would be an easier sell to the Canadian public. I think Harper could accomplish this quicker. He could probaly get support from the bloc and maybe even some support from the dippers.

I don't think he'll get any support from the dippers on that one:

http://www.ndp.ca/page/3510
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is the ethics committee on the Mulroney-Schreiber affair in session (I can't wait for tomorrow when Stevie Cameron may appear). PM Harper has also called a public inquiry. Now our tax dollars for the CBC have gone towards teaming up with the Globe and Mail to produce this, another witch hunt:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montr.....ml?ref=rss

Make sure you send them "feedback".
Ardvark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Globe Story on the CBC website:

"While there's no evidence to disprove what Mr. Mulroney is saying, we couldn't find any evidence so far to corroborate it," Cashore said Monday.

Wow, that is wrong on so many levels.

Ok how about this then: While I can find no evidence that the CBC News department is headed by blood sucking zombies, I can find no evidence to disprove it.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ardvark wrote:

Ok how about this then: While I can find no evidence that the CBC News department is headed by blood sucking zombies, I can find no evidence to disprove it.

Aarvark, how right you are! How can they not be blood sucking zombies? I wonder if this report was what Vince Carlin (ombudsman of the CBC) was waiting for, before he could answer my email concerning collusion of the CBC with the Liberal MP's. Was this report going to justify the collusion and prove once and for all that Mulroney was guilty? The CBC still has a lot of questions to answer, how much of our taxpayer dollars was wasted on this "news story"?
According to Stevie Cameron's book, the chef said there were bags of money all over at Mulroney's residence. When the chef testified at the committee, he said what Stevie Cameron wrote, was false. She had taken his story and made it into a fairy tale of lies. Should be fun today to watch her squirm (if she shows up).
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching Politics with Don Newman last week and he had a panel of party hacks talking about the crime bill and the tory ultimatum to pass it by March 1st. Newman just attacked the CPC hack unmecifully and didn't let him defend himseld at all. It was horrible. Reminded me why I don't watch that garbage show.

I turned it to Duff for some real journalism.

Jump to: