Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Joe Clark be Invited back into the Conservative party?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 28

mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Former PM Clark punched in Montreal Reply with quote

http://www.canada.com/ottawaci.....mp;k=90975

Quote:
Joe Clark was assaulted on a downtown Montreal street last month by a man who asked if he was the past prime minister before punching him in the face and leaving him with a bloody nose.

Too bad that an ex-PM is treated this way. Looks like the guy needs some friends to protect him. If he had not been walking alone this wouldn't have happened.

How about it. Should we invite him to the next CPC get together and let by-gones be by gones. An elder statesman to replace Mulroney perhaps?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't condone violence and it is unfortunate Clark was assaulted. I hope the person who did so is brought to justice.

Clark is a political maladroit who failed as a Prime Minister, failed to be effective in opposition and vehemently argued against uniting the right. Clark would bring nothing to the Conservative Party but strife and dissension. His presence as an elder statesman is neither needed nor desirable.

-Mac
Montgomery

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people who once opposed the merger of the PCs and CA have come around to the fact that it has been a good idea. Some, like Joe Clark, continue to vehemently campaign against us. The man is a millstone around the neck of the conservative movement of the country - no one as short sighted and irrelevant as him should be allowed back in, not that he even wants to.

There are few Canadian politicians I truly dislike (Trudeau springs to mind) but for Joe Clark I reserve special treatment.
Christian Conservative

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they find and charge the guy who punched him... he deserves jail time.

As for Clark... he's still not welcome in my Conservative Party, simply because of the damage he's tried to do to us. The day he gets let back in is the signal that it's time for me to check out.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Conservative wrote:
I hope they find and charge the guy who punched him... he deserves jail time.

Jail time for punching someone? Come on. What kind of panzy society is this. If we had more "enforcers" on the streets we wouldn't have so many annoying people.

I've been out of my car in traffic pounding on the window of idiot motorists twice in the last three months. If their doors hadn't been locked they would have a bloody nose too.
Louise M.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark belongs in the history books like a bad memory. The guy who punched him is long gone never to be seen again. Turn the page Joe. Too bad he doesn't have a wife like Aline Chretien to protect him. :evil:
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PCs listened to Joe, we would not have a Conservative government today. The right would still be divided and the Liberals would be in government forever.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's unanamous. I've been pretty critical of him in the past and I let one punch in the face make me feel sorry for the guy. I guess I need a punch upside the head. It beats me how he could call himself PC and not have one Conservative bone in his body.

Notice when he was in Mulroney's governemnt he was never in an economic portfoilio. Didn't want him raising the tax on gas again I guess. :lol:
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why invite a liberal into the party? I can't think of one conservative policy he has.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it was unanimous. For some reason, I thought a couple of the old PC crowd would throw in a vote the other way...

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that I'm happy he got punched in the nose I don't have a problem with him rejoining the party. Hold a press conference where he admits that Harper has proven to be a strong Prime Minister and he's back. I don't have a problem with people who admit their mistakes.
KPK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Despite the fact that I'm happy he got punched in the nose I don't have a problem with him rejoining the party. Hold a press conference where he admits that Harper has proven to be a strong Prime Minister and he's back. I don't have a problem with people who admit their mistakes.

Gee Craig you couldn't award me enough points to have a neutral reputation again? The Red Star is burning my eyes every time I see it. :wink:
KPK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

I would rather not have Clark rejoin. He is a destablizing influence. I never agreed with his Charlottetown Accord either. He was one of the politicians who tried to scare Canadians into voting yes in the referendum by saying the country would tear apart. Half of Ontarians actually bought that crap but we are still here...
The Trusty Tory

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How about it. Should we invite him to the next CPC get together and let by-gones be by gones. An elder statesman to replace Mulroney perhaps?

No, we shouldn't. He was outspoken from the outset and even sided with the Liberals. He kicked himself out. Also, nobody will replace Brian Mulroney as an elder statesman. He'll be just fine. It's amazing how some of us are already turning out backs on him. I most certainly will not.

Joe Clark is not welcome. That being said, the individual who punched him should be charged with assault and thrown immediately into the slammer. Nobody deserves that.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Trusty Tory wrote:
Nobody deserves that.

Nobody deserves a punch in the face?!?

I know dozens of people who deserve a bloody nose.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: