Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle Geste

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Dion calling for spring election ? Reply with quote

Dion calling for spring election ?

Saturday
Dec 1, 2007

Dion calls for an early spring 2008 election

:roll:
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the speculation begin.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the "Hans and Brian" show starts there will be an election. Stephane is rolling the dice that it will be worse for the CPC than the Liberals. Beats a Harper is evil/hidden agenda campaign. I guess that's what you do when your policydoesn't resonate with Canadians.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right at the tail end of the coldest winter in 15 years. Dion is a one trick pony - global warming. Good luck.

In case anyone is wondering what to get Dion for Christmas...

A nice dog coat for his dog Kyoto.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
A nice dog coat for his dog Kyoto.

Stephane Dion's dog named Kyoto is a Siberian Husky. No coat required... unlike David Anderson's dog named Kyoto which is (or was) a Schnauzer (if memory serves)... ;)

-Mac
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna name my horse Kyoto cause every time I clean his stall and add to the pile of methane(horse shit) behind the barn I'm reminded of global warming.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
I'm gonna name my horse Kyoto cause every time I clean his stall and add to the pile of methane(horse shit) behind the barn I'm reminded of global warming.

Excellent!!! :lol:

I just got through shoveling about a foot of "anti-global warming evidence" off my driveway. My back isn't happy with me.

-Mac
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you guys learned your lesson yet? First, there was going to be a election only a few months after the last one, because Harper was going to do to Dion what Chretien had done to him. Then it was supposed tp be a few months after that. Then a winter election, then a spring election, then a summer election, then a fall election, then a winter election. Looks like we are back to a spring election now.

My prediction, as always; as scheduled in 2009.
palomino_pony

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
mrsocko wrote:

Excellent!!! :lol:

I just got through shoveling about a foot of "anti-global warming evidence" off my driveway. My back isn't happy with me.

-Mac

I just waited for the rain to take care the snow at my place. I kicked a path to my car and that was about it. I was in Winnipeg last week - the snow those guys got will be there unil the spring. -35 with the wind chill. Brrrr. I'll take +12 and rain thank you very much.

As for an election call, I think it won't be until late 2008 or early 2009.
Louise M.

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the polls are down for the Conservatives by a couple of points. The Liberals are salivating but don't dare call an election now. Canadians are into Christmas shopping and snow shoveling.

By the time January comes along the Schreiber business will be tossed aside for lack of a scandal and I'm hoping the public inquiry will be canceled for lack of interest. Flaherty will announce upcoming tax cuts in the budget. Then Canadians will start receiving income tax refunds which will translate into gratitude for the Conservatives.

Harper's numbers will go up, the opposition will be dumbfounded and, as usual, will retreat in fear.

I smell a majority Conservative government on the horizon. Only then will the present stench in the current Parliament be neutralized.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise M. wrote:
I read the polls are down for the Conservatives by a couple of points. The Liberals are salivating but don't dare call an election now. Canadians are into Christmas shopping and snow shoveling.

Especially the latter, Louise M. After all, it would be hard for Dion to sell "global warming" during the coldest winter in the past 15 years.

-Mac
TorontoCon

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling less optimistic due to two reasons:

1. Schreiber has taken the focus off of Dions weak leadership theme.

2. Bali has given the Liberals something to run on. A GLOBAL ARMAGEDDON theme.

You can bet on Environment being the main focus of the campaign. Not a strong hand for the Conservatives. Failing evasive measures, this one is much closer than I would like... Forget about majority at this point.

The Cons are slipping majorly in the polls (whether you like polls or not), the Libs are inching up, SLOWLY, as are the BLOC and even the Greens, now consistently at 13%.

Time for a Conservative caucus meeting to figure out how to right this ship.

The very fact that DION of all "leaders" is hanging on to about 30% of the popular vote sends a glaring message that Conservatives are failing to get through to Canadians.

This SHOULD BE a cakewalk! WTF!

We cannot underestimate the "Big Red Machine", regardless of the leader. This whole SCHRIEBER DIVERSION is a perfect example of exactly that.
......Now we know what all those Liberal caucus meetings were about.......remember those?????

Let's not fool ourselves with a false sense of comfort that a "cold winter" will help us. Liberals will find a way to shove Global Warming down Canadians throats through CBC global warming "documentaries", articles, increased scientific reporting, inviting Al Gore to do more talks in Canadian urban centres, etc etc etc etc...

If we have a spring election, it will be warming up as well.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They won't be able to enter the race. They're out of cash, AFAIK.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TorontoCon wrote:
I'm feeling less optimistic due to two reasons:

1. Schreiber has taken the focus off of Dions weak leadership theme.

2. Bali has given the Liberals something to run on. A GLOBAL ARMAGEDDON theme.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, TC. Maybe you're reading the local papers a bit too much?

The Schreiber thing has more-or-less run it's course. Yes, it temporarily distracted from Dion's blundering but it's about to fall off the front page since no "smoking gun" was found, let alone any new information. Prof. Johnson will bring forward his recommendations soon... and I expect Schreiber will be shipped to Germany shortly thereafter.

Bali turned out to be a non-event, despite all the screaming. Our local media tried the "tar & feather" routine for Baird and it didn't stick since, unlike what they were claiming, Canada did not stand alone against any new agreement... like Canada alone could prevent an international coalition from reaching consensus.

I loved the National Post article which mentioned how the Goreacle put up a website, asking for people to sign a petition for him to present in Bali, condemning the world for their lack of action on environmental issues. The enviro-activists all circulated emails and made blog posts, exhorting everyone to sign the petition...

The final result? Just over 200K people signed up. I'm sure there were likely people from around the world who signed Gore's petition but since internet access around the world isn't as prevalent as it is in the US, let's just use the 300 million population of the US to compare to that 200k. In other words, less than one tenth of one percent of people signed Gore's petition. Can you spell "statistically insignificant"?

Dion went to Bali and our self-styled Environmental Hero wasn't able to attract a single headline. We all know Dion wants to run on a Greenie theme but remember what happened during the Liberal leadership debates. One line should remind you... "This is not fair!!"

If Dion manages to convince the Liberals to run on a Greenie election, he will go down in history... and not in a positive way...

-Mac
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Post said there is a new Nanos poll showing

CPC - 39
Libs - 40

IN NEWFOUNDLAND

Baird is part of a block of support that includes Canda, US, Australia, Japan, the U.N and the Vatican( :? ). There will be an agreement coming out of Bali that will set the stage for another climate change deal, one that makes economic sense and not some pie in the sky bullshit agreement like Kyoto.

Dion can go to the polls with that in his pocket.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: