Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
JBG wrote:
I don't think that Bush or any other Commander-in-Chief owes it to anyone to divulge classified information.

Where the hell did I say he did

I said he should have a good reason for the war, not some bullshit connection to 9/11 or made up WMD excuse.
But giving the real "reason" in this case, in my view, risks disclosing classified information about the nature and connections among anti-Western governments and non-governmental, irregular groups.

mrsocko wrote:
JBG wrote:
Saddam apologists are forgetting his almost constant warfare against his own people and surrounding people and his payment of families of suicide bombers to fuel murder in a core ally of the US.

Then why didn't most of the international community back Bush. And why are many people saying they should bring war crimes against the ones who did like Blair.
I really don't care what world opinion is. Right is right, wrong is wrong.

Most of the world opinion, or at least opinion in the US and Canada favored segregating Japanese people during WW II and taking their property. Did that make it right? In the US prior to Truman's gutsy decision to integrate the armed forces most people believed in subjugating black people because of their color and segregating them. Did that make it right?

mrsocko wrote:
I support the war In Afganistan. It's making the world a safer place. I don't support George Bush waging the dog.

Glad to hear.
mrsocko wrote:

You can shove your Saddam apologists blast up your ass too.
For once, you make a logical, strong argument. I'll have to think this one through overnight and I'll let you know my answer in the morning. If I decide to follow your suggestion, should I use an enema or suppository to accomplish the shoving?

Last edited by JBG on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I didn't say say he was. My point is just as valid as his.

Oh, and as far as Christians are concerned. I am one. So I tend to be more afraid of the people who want to kill me than the ones who don't.

I know, Craig. So am I.

Being cautious of terrorism is the right thing to do. Becoming paranoid isn't. That would mean the terrorists have won... and I don't want them to win anything.

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
The simple fact is there is no modern comparison; Christianity "grew up" (mostly) but Islam is trapped in the past and badly in need of a Muslim version of Martin Luther to pound a few objections into the thick skulls of the imams.

-Mac
Martin Luther turned out to be no bargain but the forces he, and the Guttenberg Press unleashed did pound through some thick skulls. That's why the Muslims are, by and large, kept ignorant.
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
So, if I created a religion that said the following...

1. All black people should be hung.

2. All gays should be sent to mental institutions.

3. Women should not be allowed out of the house.

And 9 out of 10 followers of my religion adhered to these tenets you wouldn't be critical of my religion? And question the sanity of those who followed it?

Well said.

-Mac
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Martin Luther turned out to be no bargain but the forces he, and the Guttenberg Press unleashed did pound through some thick skulls. That's why the Muslims are, by and large, kept ignorant.

That and the fact the imams condemn any attempt to translate the Koran into modern language so even educated Muslims must accept the imam's interpretation of what the Koran has to say...

-Mac
JBG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
JBG wrote:

That and the fact the imams condemn any attempt to translate the Koran into modern language so even educated Muslims must accept the imam's interpretation of what the Koran has to say...

-Mac
I didn't realize the "translation issue". The fact that the King James Bible was translated into English must have made a huge difference (just speculating) since the combination of Britain's relative openness with people being able to read the Bible for themselves probably helped the thawing of the Christian religion into a system of beliefs consistent with the modern world.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Quote:
I don't think that Bush or any other Commander-in-Chief owes it to anyone to divulge classified information.

If he owes no one an explanation why did he not invade without the lies.

I said:
Quote:
I said he should have a good reason for the war, not some bullshit connection to 9/11 or made up WMD excuse.

JBG said:
Quote:
But giving the real "reason" in this case, in my view, risks disclosing classified information about the nature and connections among anti-Western governments and non-governmental, irregular groups.

Are these reasons still secret or can KGB tell us now.

JBG wrote:
Quote:
I really don't care what world opinion is. Right is right, wrong is wrong.

Bush has made the world less safe, you should care.

JBG wrote:
Quote:
Most of the world opinion, or at least opinion in the US and Canada favored segregating Japanese people during WW II and taking their property. Did that make it right? In the US prior to Truman's gutsy decision to integrate the armed forces most people believed in subjugating black people because of their color and segregating them. Did that make it right?

Who can argue with that kind of logic. :lol:

Imagine if George Bush had not invaded Iraq. His accomplishments would have been:

A secure democratic Afganistan.
He forced Libya to give up terrorism without a life lost.
With the trillion or so dollars spent on Iraq not spent he would have had a balanced budget and America would not have a debt problem.
Huge tax breaks are always good.
A secure America.
The option to invade Iran the real enemy(until recently at least). A theocracy is always more dangerous than a secular government like Iraq's.

Less Canadians killed in Afganistan because Afganistan would be secure by now.

George Bush 2 would have went down in history, unarguably as one of the greatest President's in history. Greater than Reagan.

I don't see why a conservative can't disagree with the party line without risking being called a Sadaam apologist, a self-hating Westerner or being told he cannot make a logical, strong argument .

Just keep drinking your kool-aid.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bush has made the world less safe

Is this coming from CBC?
mrsocko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this coming from CBC?

Just my opinion based on 2 never ending wars. We should have finished the first before we started the 2nd and the 2nd should have been IRAN.
JBG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Is this coming from CBC?

Just my opinion based on 2 never ending wars. We should have finished the first before we started the 2nd and the 2nd should have been IRAN.
No question we should have finished Iraq I. Better late than never.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Is this coming from CBC?

The first war was a legitimate self-defense while the 2nd one was a detterent and also a trap for AQs to come and get killed.

World has always been less safe. Stop blaming Bush plz. The Jihadists have been out there for 1400 years and it doesn't have any bearing on poor president Bush. Islamo-arabic terrorism has been there for the past 1400 years and it is unfair to blame Bush or America for it.

The Iranian regime, for instance, has been at war with the US since 1979. Saudi Arabia has been funding mosques in the west for the past 50 yrs. Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein invaded two countries and killed millions during its 30 yr rule. Taliban didn't happen over night, it's been there for ages and we got to know more about them as they helped AQ attack NYC in september 2001.

It's very unfair to blame Bush for every thing going wrong in our world.

As for the 2nd war being on Iran, it is naive to say so. Iran's problem is not going to be solved through militarily methods. It can be done through peaceful regime change with lots of propaganda aid from western countries such as Canada, US or UK. Yep, iranian regime is a huge problem for all of us, but the best way to deal with it is regime change not military bombardment.

Last edited by Winston2004 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Tuna

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:

It's very unfair to blame Bush for any thing.

hah! That's a statement.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[youtube]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BeYGC0yHeHg[/youtube]

Link

[youtube]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8aItcLm_0nc[/youtube]

Last edited by Bleatmop on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total
don muntean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
[youtube]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BeYGC0yHeHg[/youtube]

[youtube]<object><param></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>[/youtube]

Just trying to see if I can get a youtube video to work. This one applies here if it does work.

Your link must be faulty as I cannot post it either - check your link - also direct embedding with youtube code is not permitted on this site so that's why that link-code didn't 'resolve' in your post.
JBG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just trying to see if I can get a youtube video to work. This one applies here if it does work.

Let's try this:

Link

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: