Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I was a card holding member which I'm not I still wouldn't want one. I mean come on man, politics is in our lives enough already, why let it run your entire life? But perhaps it's just me being too libertarian.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one's not a card carrying member - where can one get one?
Rusty Bedsprings





Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 1629

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote
Quote:
Even if I was a card holding member which I'm not I still wouldn't want one. I mean come on man, politics is in our lives enough already, why let it run your entire life? But perhaps it's just me being too libertarian.


Perhaps the people that want the calendar want to affect politics instead of politics affecting them.
ezbeatz





Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 1140
Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10
Location: Vaughan, ON

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want the CPC calender. Not that I'm against the CPC. I just don't believe in calenders. Who decided there are 7 days in a week and usually 30 or 31 days in a month, but sometimes 28 or 29? Who decided that there are 12 months in a year? I'm an anti-conformist. I detest the 40 hour work week. Why should I work 9-5 from Monday to Friday? Why not just Monday to Tuesday...non-stop?
nathaliejcaron





Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 305
Reputation: 20.4Reputation: 20.4
votes: 2
Location: Ottawa West -- Nepean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezbeatz wrote:
I don't want the CPC calender. Not that I'm against the CPC. I just don't believe in calenders. Who decided there are 7 days in a week and usually 30 or 31 days in a month, but sometimes 28 or 29? Who decided that there are 12 months in a year? I'm an anti-conformist. I detest the 40 hour work week. Why should I work 9-5 from Monday to Friday? Why not just Monday to Tuesday...non-stop?


Self-employed I hope...
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
Perhaps the people that want the calendar want to affect politics instead of politics affecting them.


Or put another way ... Just because you are not interested in politics, does not mean that politics is not interested in you *cue ominous tones*. If you believe, as I do, that government is a necessary evil, it's in your best interest to keep an eye on it, because there's *a lot* of people who don't agree.

Edit: I'm awash in various certificates and sustaining donor cards, but I've never recieved a calendar. I wonder why that is?
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
Perhaps the people that want the calendar want to affect politics instead of politics affecting them.


Or put another way ... Just because you are not interested in politics, does not mean that politics is not interested in you *cue ominous tones*. If you believe, as I do, that government is a necessary evil, it's in your best interest to keep an eye on it, because there's *a lot* of people who don't agree.

Edit: I'm awash in various certificates and sustaining donor cards, but I've never recieved a calendar. I wonder why that is?


Do you donate to the party? I donated over $150 in 2008.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2008? Just my delegate fees for the convention.
Rose21





Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 18
Reputation: 27.3Reputation: 27.3Reputation: 27.3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Calendar Reply with quote

NO -- I did not get my calendar and I want one. I am not sure of the status of my membership, but I did do a recent donation which should more than cover the cost of the calendar. Who do I complain to?
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Calendar Reply with quote

Rose21 wrote:
NO -- I did not get my calendar and I want one. I am not sure of the status of my membership, but I did do a recent donation which should more than cover the cost of the calendar. Who do I complain to?

Your local riding association?

-Mac
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Calendar Reply with quote

Rose21 wrote:
NO -- I did not get my calendar and I want one. I am not sure of the status of my membership, but I did do a recent donation which should more than cover the cost of the calendar. Who do I complain to?


You should call the national HQ of the party, and tell them you want a calendar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Did you get your CPC 2008 calendar?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB