Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Looks like Rae is the man. Reply with quote

Two contenders drop out, Bevilacqua and Bennet. Two contenders throw their support Rae's way. Is this the beginning of a trend? Pick the likely winner, throw your support for the plum shadow cabinet/critic ( :P ) appointment.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Po.....5-sun.html

Who drops out next I wonder? My money is on Hedy.
Evilgenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rooting for Bobby Rae myself. That would pretty much guarantee a majority government for Harper. Ontarians may be tempted to give Ignatieff the benefit of the doubt, but they will not make that mistake with Bob Rae.

I really don't think there's anyone else there capable of winning the leadership, no matter what the media says. They'll all drop off one by one.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hedy drops out will her WHOLE immediate family throw their support behind Rae - or just her husband and first born child?
McGuire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if she could bring that many supporters to Rae or anyone else.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stevejanke.com/archives/197316.php

Quote:
Jim Coutts is supporting Gerard Kennedy to win the federal Liberal Party leadership campaign. Well, so he says. But it sure seems more likely he's a mole for candidate Bob Rae, on a mission to deliver Kennedy and his delegates to Rae.
IsleofBarra

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: I just heard this Reply with quote

I just heard this from an inside source. the message was "the fix is in". The Chretien faction has been told to support Dion on the first ballot and Rae on the last ballot. Ex-officios control the grits and the party power brokers fear a total meltdown if Iggy is successful....
CC Scott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big surprise here. The moment that the results from the first ballot went public the left-wing of the Liberal Party started to mobilize against Ignatieff.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bookmakers are still picking Iggy...

http://www.nationalnewswatch.c.....;Itemid=41
McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those odds will soon be worsening.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilgenius wrote:
I'm rooting for Bobby Rae myself. That would pretty much guarantee a majority government for Harper. Ontarians may be tempted to give Ignatieff the benefit of the doubt, but they will not make that mistake with Bob Rae.

I really don't think there's anyone else there capable of winning the leadership, no matter what the media says. They'll all drop off one by one.

What scares me about Rae is the NDP factor - I know a good deal of people voted NDP because they didn't want to vote Liberal, and they didn't want to vote Conservative. Young people in particular, they want to vote left, but they didn't trust the liberals. If Rae comes in, he can attract the left to the liberals, possibly bringing in a good deal of seats where the NDP snuck by. Even some serious NDPers might slide over. Of course, Iggy could split the right vote - but I doubt it, there's no reason for anyone center or right of center to vote liberal over the conservatives who have kept all their promises, and keep cutting taxes and paying down debt. One of the key points is going to be on Afghanistan - that is what will determine the outcome. Its not looking good for supporters. Of course - if its 50/50 right now - a good portion of those will be liberal supporters currently. With how strong a subject it is, most supporters will want to vote for continuation - with the vote split between the liberals and ndp and bloc, we may just slide in between for some solid wins.

I think come election time, there may be a lock at the majority, or at the very least a larger minority either way - when people start being reminded about all the promises kept.

I sure hear a good deal less ant-harper rhetoric these days.. except from those obsessed with certain issues.

I'm really not sure who I want to win - Well, no, I want Volpe to win... He's an easy target, even with his army of corpse voters ;) Then again, he's italian - so racism will keep him down
HAHAHA yeah, right..
CC Scott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now kind of waffling on which candidate I want the Conservatives to face. Sure Rae looks like the obvious choice because of his horrible record as Ontario Premier, but Ignatieff would also be a good choice since he couldn't criticize the Tories on things such as Afghanistan and Iraq. Tough call.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets face it. The big red machine will put up a serious fight no mtter who is at the controls. There is a reason they have ruled Canada for most of the last century, and it was not their policy. It was their ability to run election campaigns.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Lets face it. The big red machine will put up a serious fight no mtter who is at the controls. There is a reason they have ruled Canada for most of the last century, and it was not their policy. It was their ability to run election campaigns.

Not to mention the large amount of blind, unyielding support they seem to have in Ontario. It seems they can do no wrong in so many ridings there.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
It was their ability to run election campaigns.

Exactly... Let's hope the Conservatives have learned how to overcome this.

-Mac
McGuire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They certainly did in the last election, until the last week that is....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: