Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not to mention the large amount of blind, unyielding support they seem to have in Ontario. It seems they can do no wrong in so many ridings there.

I thought we had a fairly good showing in Ontario last time around. There's certainly some holdouts, but my biggest concern is 'Metropolitan Canada' - Vancouver, the GTA, and Montreal. There's no evidence that we'll manage more support there in future elections, but we need it to ever form a majority.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Quote:
Not to mention the large amount of blind, unyielding support they seem to have in Ontario. It seems they can do no wrong in so many ridings there.

I thought we had a fairly good showing in Ontario last time around. There's certainly some holdouts, but my biggest concern is 'Metropolitan Canada' - Vancouver, the GTA, and Montreal. There's no evidence that we'll manage more support there in future elections, but we need it to ever form a majority.

Two points to be made about this.

1. We now hold the trump card. We can spend prior to the election. That was a HUGE weapon of the Liberals (they over-played it recently).

2. The senate is currently holding up lots of legislation including the FAA. If the Liberals win in the spring there is a good chance the senate will send that legislation back to the house where it will be changed in a big way. The Conservatives have to make Canadians aware of this. I think Canadians want to see that legislation become law and will resent an undemocratic senate thawrting their will in the last eleciton.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Quote:

I agree, we did get good results this election from Ontario (40 to the liberals 54 to the NDP 12). I also agree that the GTA was a major problem for the Tories, and those are the very ridings I'm talking about. So it seems we're in agreement. :)
Buddy Kat

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With indications of the heavily influenced israely media in Canada supporting pro war crime Harper and knowing he is soon to be extinct, there only hope is Bob Rae.

They know the sinking ship is unpatchable and they sure don't want anti war crime Iggy in there. Should be a good fight!!

Maybe Iggy will come back with some horrific scenes of what pro war crime people support ( guilt by assossiation) and muzzle harper and his israely media,supporters once and for all.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmm, right... Thanks for sharing that, BK.

Any other anti-Semites want to out themselves? Any other Harper haters? Confession is good for the soul, they say... :wink:

-Mac
IsleofBarra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our message must focus on the fact that it is an "unliberal" that is posed to take over the grits.

The grit party members who support iggy are telling us that you have to reach back at least 30 years before there is enough distance between the party and today's corruption in the liberal party, or in the case of baby rae, be a member of any party but the grits for the last 30 years....

In any electoral contest where our candidate is running against an incumbant from the Chretien/Martin years, we will deliver the same message to the Canadian people that the grits are delivering today when they say that the old crowd is too corrupt to be trusted with taxpayers dollars....

It doesn't make a difference who wins for the grits, our message will remain the same.

The biggest gift Prime Minister Stephen Harper and our Conservative team can receive is for the non-elected liberal fossils in the senate to continue to block or change in any way the federal accountability act; particularly the cap on contributions. That anti-democratic action sends a clear message to Canadians. No matter who is installed as leader, the corruption in the liberal party is so deeply ingrained with the culture of entitlement that it will take a total defeat of the magnitude of what happened to the old PC party in '93 to fix our system of democracy.

Bring on the election now!
Buddy Kat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Ummmm, right... Thanks for sharing that, BK.

Any other anti-Semites want to out themselves? Any other Harper haters? Confession is good for the soul, they say... :wink:

-Mac

I'm not anti sematic at all....Late breaking news...Israeli president could be charged for rape..that's another pres gone down the tubes.

It becomes obvious after a while that certain media outlets spin in favour of Israel constantly and promote politicians that have a pro Israel stance. Wonder if they will break the rapeing president of Israel story?

Harper reminds me of my fav radio show host..great speakers but on the wrong side. Man the gift of gab. Don't tell me Frum writes his speechs..I just had some swirly in the tummy fast food. :wink:
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Kat wrote:
I'm not anti sematic at all....Late breaking news...Israeli president could be charged for rape..that's another pres gone down the tubes.

All in the same sentence. You proclaim that you aren't anti-semetic but express your joy that the Israeli president is being accused of rape. Care to offer any more evidence that you aren't a jew-hater?

Quote:
It becomes obvious after a while that certain media outlets spin in favour of Israel constantly and promote politicians that have a pro Israel stance.

The CBC and the Globe and Mail are pro-Palestinian (just watch Neil MacDonald for more than five minutes). The National Post is pro-Israel.

Quote:
Wonder if they will break the rapeing president of Israel story?

Or you could do a little searching and find this...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti.....?hub=World
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/.....srael.html

So much for your pro-Israel conspiracy theory. But don't let facts get in the way of your "opinion".
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all know how "pro Israel" the media in this country is...

Nicely put Craig.

BK - would you prefer these "gentlemen" run the world? Does your arm get tired??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: