Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I like alot of the Alliances principles and on the Morton idea Although.....
Have you met your Candidate yet? I met 4 of the candidates last election and I couldn't vote for them.

The Party's principles are great but they need good candidates or they just cant win.

First Lady good luck I truly mean that and I will see who my candidate is for Calgary McKay and I will definately give them a look over.

As well the SoCreds and the Alliance need to merge, taking the best candidates from both parties. There are SoCred signs all over Edmonton, since Stelmach got in.
First Lady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TealTories wrote:
I agree I like alot of the Alliances principles and on the Morton idea Although.....
Have you met your Candidate yet? I met 4 of the candidates last election and I couldn't vote for them.
The Party's principles are great but they need good candidates or they just cant win.

I agree, quality candidates will make a difference.

Quote:
First Lady good luck I truly mean that and I will see who my candidate is for Calgary McKay and I will definately give them a look over.

I want to preface my next commet with; I don't want it to come off sound negative in any way, it is certainly not my intention.

I often hear this.... "I will wait and see"... and I find that somewhat disheartening. If people are truly interesting in making a difference or enacting change; I think they should get involved.

Whether it's finding a quality candidate or influencing policy, it seems to me the best way is to get in there and be active. If we always sit by and wait for others to do it; well we will always be disappointed because they cannot read our minds and they will move forward with what suits them.

Quote:
As well the SoCreds and the Alliance need to merge, taking the best candidates from both parties.

Mergers have been attempted; it has always boiled down to the Socreds refusing to give up their party name. Most of their members have already moved onto other parties.
Those who remain (which is about 30-40) are people who hold fast to either their money theories or the mandatory inclusion of the teaching of Intelligent Design.

Quote:
There are SoCred signs all over Edmonton, since Stelmach got in.

In their case signs is not an indication of support. I found that at nearly every house I went to during the by-election. Typical response was "oh, he was such a nice young man, I said sure put up a sign..... oh and you can too".
Many did not know the first thing about the Socreds and many told me they did not even have an intention of voting.
btw: Trevor is a very nice young man. ... :wink:
TealTories

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have met Trevor before when I was in living in the SE at a couple of Jason Kenney's functions.

I do take politics very seriously and I am very active in my riding association. I helped my Alderman get elected, I am a member of my communtiy Association and I am talking with the President of my Federal riding association to become a board member. I was very involved in the last two federal elections as well.
Where I have the hardest time is provincially.

I take voting very seriously on all levels of gov't.

Although I am not going to diminish a good cause by helping vote in a sub perfoming MLA to represent a movement I beleive in, just because.
This will not help the cause. If this representative doesnt do a good job, he may destroy the cause or destroy its credibility.

In saying that I will talk to Trevor and see if he represents me well.
TealTories

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Lady,

I tried to find out who would be my candidate in Calgary McKay.
The website doesnt have it posted yet. Do you know who my candidate is?

Thanks
First Lady

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TealTories wrote:
First Lady,

Thanks

A candidate has not been nominated. Last I heard we had two interested, so there will be a nomination race.
TealTories

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Lady wrote:
TealTories wrote:
First Lady,

Thanks

A candidate has not been nominated. Last I heard we had two interested, so there will be a nomination race.

I guess I should get my membership then.

Thanks
First Lady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TealTories wrote:
First Lady wrote:
TealTories wrote:
First Lady,
Thanks

I guess I should get my membership then.

Thanks

Indeed you should. :D

You can contact me at 1-888-262-1888 or if in Calgary 769-0992

You can also download a form:

http://www.albertaalliance.ca/.....n_form.pdf

It can be mailed in or faxed to 1-866-620-4791

Thanks,
Jane
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new party seems more Red Toryish than Blue. Whats their policy on Global Warming and the oil sector?
First Lady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
This new party seems more Red Toryish than Blue. Whats their policy on Global Warming and the oil sector?

Which party are you referring to?
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to the Alliance's web site, and read their response to the royalty review panel recommendations. This part I really liked:

Quote:
. The report suggests that it is common place for governments to change deals with companies around the world. The Alliance Party suggests that we should be what Albertans want us to be and that is deal-keepers. We can make changes only through consultation with those who are investing and Albertans themselves. Albertans want Alberta to be known as trustworthy.

This alone has basically won the alliance my vote, for the most part. Unless I hear something I really don't like in the future, of course. As it stands now, the Alliance has my vote, and it is up to the other parties to win it, or (god forbid) the Alliances to lose (just like Stelmach has done with me and the PC party).
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think in the long run their should be an effort to unit this Wildrose Party, Social Credit, and Alberta Alliance.

A United Alternative to the Alberta PCs.

Alberta is the birthplace of political movements (Reform: The West Wants In!), AA already has 1 seat, I think you could end up seeing the AA get some momentum, and you would get a ADQ effect, build yourself up to a party that is considered mainstream, and the party thrusts into opposition.

The Liberals in Alberta collapse as left wingers fear the AA and go with the moderate PC'ers, and because of this right winger PC'ers start to go to the AA.

Boom: 2 right wing parties competing for Alberta!
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Lady wrote:
KPK wrote:

Yours - The Alberta Alliance
First Lady

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
First Lady wrote:
KPK wrote:

Yours - The Alberta Alliance

Ok, just needed clarification as we have been around for a while and ran a full slate of candidates in the last general election.

The only "new" party I know of is the Wildrose group; which is not yet registered.

As to your original comment; I have never heard anyone use colors when referring to the Alberta Alliance. We are often referred to as radical right wing; which I do not feel is 100% accurate. Right wing or more conservative than the current PC's would be a better description.

We do not have a policy specific to global warming, but we have two that reference Kyoto.

Quote:
An Alberta Alliance Government will actively oppose the implementation of the Kyoto accord.
An Alberta Alliance Government will not adhere or enforce restrictions and/or quotas outlined in the Kyoto Protocol that are deemed to have a negative impact on the Alberta economy.

Source: http://www.albertaalliance.ca/.....nment.html

As to the oil sector; we wrote a detailed response to the Royalty Review. You can find the entire document here:
http://www.albertaalliance.ca/index.htm

We have had a very favourable response to our assessment. Many Albertans realize it is not as simply as "getting our fair share".

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: