Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: What does marriage mean to you? Reply with quote

To me is basically a legal contract between two individuals that are of a certain age. It has nothing at all to do with either religion or love. These things can be part of it of course but are extras (like hot dogs and the 7th inning strech at baseball games).

What do you all think?
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think marriage was once a contract between huband, wife, and society. Under the contract, society would confer upon the new entity special benefits. These benefits were then expected to be 'paid for' by producing and raising a family to the benefit of society. This is apparently unacceptable nowadays.
Kafer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off, I would NEVER marry someone I did not love. I took my vows very very seriously and I expect the "Till death do us part" to be the only reason why I shall ever not be married. Yes I know stuff happens but this decision was not made in a spit moment, my husband and I discussed it in great detail for a long time.

I came from a broken family, not once, but twice and it is not something I will ever intentionally put my children threw.

My parents married out of convenience and never loved each other and it screwed up my whole life. I was pawn in their battles for many many years (still to this day) and I will do my best to NEVER have my children go threw this.

Yes marriage is a contract but in my opinion, it is a contract between two people whom love each other and plan to spent the rest of their days together and possible have a family.

Don't get me wrong, just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to marry them and just because you choose not to get married doesn't mean you love that person any less. But marriages of convenience are just WRONG! IMHO
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage is a state of relationship between a man & a woman based on love, money, stability, cooperation, & fatefullness.
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marriage is my own business... not anyone else's.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
marriage is my own business... not anyone else's.

It becomes everyone else's when marriage results in benefits paid for by everyone else.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To me is basically a legal contract between two individuals that are of a certain age.

So is every legal contract a marriage?
crazymamma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What does marriage mean to you? Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
To me is basically a legal contract between two individuals that are of a certain age. It has nothing at all to do with either religion or love. These things can be part of it of course but are extras (like hot dogs and the 7th inning strech at baseball games).

What do you all think?

I think you must be single and are destined to be that way unless you can fool someone into believing you do not have that opinion about marriage.
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marriage is something men mostly grudgingly agree to as a way to show the woman we are doing that we can commit to her. The thinking is that the sex is great and that marriage is an insurance policy to keep that great sex from going away, and besides, getting married is the normal thing to do. If someone tells the man that sex will go downhill once the wife has a ring, they just can't visualize that happening because the sex is so great at the time, and the man just thinks that the poor soul who is filling him in must have just got real unlucky.
Almost every man who has gotten married in modern history has heard the same thing from his wife before buying her an engagement ring: While having sex, the woman traps the man with this famous line "YOU ARE THE BEST"

A year or two after getting married,most men will talk to their wife and say "if I'm the best how come you don't want sex all the time anymore?"
Reform

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that marriage is an agreement to be faithful between a man, a woman and God. None of this peace officer crap.
mrsocko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marriage is something men mostly grudgingly agree to as a way to show the woman we are doing that we can commit to her. The thinking is that the sex is great and that marriage is an insurance policy to keep that great sex from going away, and besides, getting married is the normal thing to do.

When I got married some old guys in my office told me to put a penny in a jar each time I had sex for the first year. After the first year take a penny out for each time you have sex thay said. You will never empty the jar I was told!(pretty close to reality)

Q - What kind of cake takes away a woman's sex drive.
A - Wedding cake.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Marriage is something men mostly grudgingly agree to as a way to show the woman we are doing that we can commit to her. The thinking is that the sex is great and that marriage is an insurance policy to keep that great sex from going away, and besides, getting married is the normal thing to do. If someone tells the man that sex will go downhill once the wife has a ring, they just can't visualize that happening because the sex is so great at the time, and the man just thinks that the poor soul who is filling him in must have just got real unlucky.
Almost every man who has gotten married in modern history has heard the same thing from his wife before buying her an engagement ring: While having sex, the woman traps the man with this famous line "YOU ARE THE BEST"

A year or two after getting married,most men will talk to their wife and say "if I'm the best how come you don't want sex all the time anymore?"

My wife and I waited until marriage.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:

Omg!!!!

Some of you guys, complain, complain. Well guess what? The ladies have also been known to suffer from disillusions after marriage.

I bet before you got married you used to shower and brush your teeth before you made your big move, your come on lines were probably better then "Baby you still awake"?

If you are not getting the prerequisite amount for your libido, after you get out of the shower take a look at who is in the mirror. Maybe you were the best, maybe you still could be the best in her eyes if you put 1 100th amount of thought and preparation you did to her sex life as when you were dating. You know what I mean?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
You know what I mean?

I've never heard anything so outrageous, crazymamma... It's like you're trying to claim we men bear some kind of responsibility for our own actions! Everyone knows women use sex as the bait and once the man is on the hook, everything changes. It's one of the Universal Truths, just like the sun rising in the East... the tides moving in the ocean... the Toronto Maple Leafs never winning the Cup... :wink:

-Mac

ps: happily married 15+ years despite it all...
mrsocko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bet before you got married you used to shower and brush your teeth before you made your big move, your come on lines were probably better then "Baby you still awake"?

I resemb....er resent that remark :lol:

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: