Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: How do you support the troops? Reply with quote

How do you support our brave men and women of armed forces doing the right thing overseas?

How do you think we should support the troops? How can we show our appreciation?
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could show our appreciation by getting them a fair shake. NATO has about 27 members but only Canada, Holland,the US and the Brits are involved in a shooting war. The other NATO members are either M.I.A. or have strict rules that prevent engagement. How about we pressure those do nothing countries to shoulder their fair share and give our guys some support. This mission will never get done as long as the majority of the players are sitting on the bench.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree but I don't care about others. I am wondering what we can do to support our own good guys
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit to doing the ribbon thing on my personal vehicle. My department also lobbied for, and got permission from council, to get ribbons on department vehicles. I also make donations to various support funds, and I'm a big supporter of the Royal Canadian Legion.

Mostly, I support them on an individual basis though. I talk to others about the mission in Afghanistan, and make sure they know why our role and presence is so important. I thank soldiers and veterans for their service when I meet them.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
I thank soldiers and veterans for their service when I meet them.

I do this as well... As part of my duties, I have a grooming exemption so I often sport a goatee and I always shave my head. This particular day, I was dressed down (what my wife calls "ratty") when I happened to encounter a couple of soldiers on the street. I nodded my head and said "Gentlemen, thank you for your service."

I wasn't thinking about how I was looking so I was a bit surprised by their reaction. They both stared at me for a few seconds, then (moving simultaneously) they looked at each other, then looked back at me and started grinning. They couldn't have timed it better if they'd practiced. I finally twigged that they had never been so greeted by someone who looked like such a ruffian. I smiled back and said "Don't judge a book by it's cover!" and they both laughed.

-Mac
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great!

Jump to: