Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public ridicule of all religious people and leaders. Moves to replace the parent with the state (what did you think universal child care was? no spanking rules? peanut bans? no trans fat rules?). It is not that religion has been removed from schools, Christianity has simply been replaced with a radical secular humanism; or didn't you notice the predominance of lefties coming out of the education system?

I guess you are fine with public schools being socialist indoctrination centers?
gc





Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 1698
Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16
Location: A Monochromatic World

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Public ridicule of all religious people and leaders.


See my previous comments.

Quote:
Moves to replace the parent with the state (what did you think universal child care was? no spanking rules? peanut bans? no trans fat rules?).


What does this have to do with atheism??

Quote:
It is not that religion has been removed from schools, Christianity has simply been replaced with a radical secular humanism; or didn't you notice the predominance of lefties coming out of the education system?

I guess you are fine with public schools being socialist indoctrination centers?


Let's stick to the original argument. First you were trying to argue that atheists were forcing their beliefs on other people. Now you have changed your argument and are trying to argue that schools are socialist indoctrination centers?
Riley W





Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 857
Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10
Location: Manitoba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in grade 4 in 2001/2002 school year, shortly after 9/11 my teacher who is very Christian taught us the lord's prayer and got the class to recite it. We did it for a few days.

BUT, then then the Principal found out and she got reprimanded.

The Lord's Prayer was taken out of Manitoba by some whiny atheist teen in Winnipeg, where rural school had no complaints about it.

Like it our not, western society was born CHRISTIAN. Now secular humanists are trying to remove everything Christian from society.

Yes, I do believe in preferential treatment for Christianity, with free will and choice of other beliefs for them minorities.

Whats friggin next, are we going to make an Official Ammendment to the O Canada lyrics to remove "God Keep our Land", or are we going to change the flags to removes the british cross?

Urr, as a Christian what has happened in Canada really really infuriates me.

They don't call us the Silent Majority for nothing.

75% of Canadians, all who call themselves Christian (Census 2001), allow themselves to be trampled and have their beliefs removed from everything.

When will all the Christians wake up and rebel against this? Will we just let it happen? Their needs to be a Christian Movement in this country that can squash the secularist humanists.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, all radical secular humanists are Atheists. All atheists are not radical secular humanists though. The radical secular humanists (Atheists) are the ones pushing their world view in all aspects of public debate, and all public institutions. They have been very successful to by the way.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Religious people haven't been marginalized. They are simply up against competition for the first time our history so rather than debate their opponents, they play the victim card in order to garnish some sympathy. Unfortunate.


Why shouldn't we play the victim card. Every other indentifiable group that feels wronged in this Country(French gays, woman) does, including atheists. The tactic worked for all these other groups. My guess it will work for Christians too. Especially with a Conservative government that will have a chance to reconfigure the Supreme Court.
Riley W





Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 857
Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10
Location: Manitoba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for Harper to appoint some Evangelicals to the Supreme Court.
Zak





Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4
votes: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth wrote:
Zak wrote:
Judeo Christian values existed before Judeo Christian religions


Please provide a historical argument to support this statement. I would like names, dates, societies and their religions and values.

-Ruth


Ok but it depends on what you consider to be Judeo-Christian values.

The Hammurabi Code was created around 1700 BC which set out laws to govern Babylon. You can find the premise of the modern day justice system long before the Christians adopted it. The Golden Rule appears as part of the Hindu karma around 500 BC, although this one is common sense and shouldn't be attributed to any religion or ideology. I use Oxfords but wikipedia has similar stats.

The main point I was trying to make is that Judeo-Christian values aren't exclusive. You can find these values, whatever they are, in many other religions and non-religious philosophies so you can remove religion from the government without removing the values and ethics behind them.

If you are an ethical person and credit your religion for it, then that's fine. But realise that you can also be an ethical person without religion. Because of this, privatizing religion is the only efficient way to conduct a modern state since most of us share the same values, even though they come from different sources.
Zak





Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4
votes: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Religious people haven't been marginalized. They are simply up against competition for the first time our history so rather than debate their opponents, they play the victim card in order to garnish some sympathy. Unfortunate.


Why shouldn't we play the victim card. Every other indentifiable group that feels wronged in this Country(French gays, woman) does, including atheists. The tactic worked for all these other groups. My guess it will work for Christians too. Especially with a Conservative government that will have a chance to reconfigure the Supreme Court.


I would hope that we all use rational debate on the issues rather than have to fend off whining theists acting like liberals who want the government to fix their problems.

I hope Harper is smart enough to keep religion private or he will lose the election. Just ask John Tory in Ontario how his proposal to fund religions worked. As is evident in too many posts here at BT, there are a lot of conservatives out there who don't want the government involved in religious affairs.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would hope that we all use rational debate on the issues rather than have to fend off whining theists acting like liberals who want the government to fix their problems.

I hope Harper is smart enough to keep religion private or he will lose the election. Just ask John Tory in Ontario how his proposal to fund religions worked. As is evident in too many posts here at BT, there are a lot of conservatives out there who don't want the government involved in religious affairs.


All Harper has to be is a Conservative. He doesn't have to pander to the religious right. All he has to do is appoint balanced people to the Supreme Court. The liberals for years appointed judges with leftwing agendas to the court. Check out the list of the 101 people who are screwing up Canada. http://101people.blogspot.com/
Half the Supreme court justices are there.

This is not even an issue of the Governement fixing the problems of whining theists. A more balanced Supreme Court will fix the problems of whining theists just like the leftwing court has fixed problems for whining atheists.

As for Tory he should have brought forth a policy on eliminating all public funds for faith based schools. He might have got elected if he showed that kind of balls.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you just love ad hominem attacks in the morning? Smells like victory.
Zak





Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Posts: 44
Reputation: 16.4Reputation: 16.4
votes: 1
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

All Harper has to be is a Conservative. He doesn't have to pander to the religious right. All he has to do is appoint balanced people to the Supreme Court. The liberals for years appointed judges with leftwing agendas to the court. Check out the list of the 101 people who are screwing up Canada. http://101people.blogspot.com/
Half the Supreme court justices are there.


I agree and I hope I never suggested that there isn't a left-wing bias in the public sector because that would be far off the truth. A more conservative Supreme Court is necessary to fix all kinds of problems Canada is facing.

My only beef is with those who confuse conservative values with religious values because I see the two as being separate.
theatheistjew





Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 11.2
votes: 10
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth wrote:
Zak wrote:
Judeo Christian values existed before Judeo Christian religions


Please provide a historical argument to support this statement. I would like names, dates, societies and their religions and values.

-Ruth

Were the Mayans exposed to Judeo-Christian values, or the Aboriginals of Australia.
Every society historically had rules that are extremely similar to each other, where ethics and morality is a prevailing component.
Without what you call Judeo-Christian values, no society can survive.
Even middle eastern Muslim societies have way more Judeo-Christian values than they don't have.
Stephen





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 645
Reputation: 72.9
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laws against murder existed long before Moses came down from the mountain and told everyone, right?
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My only beef is with those who confuse conservative values with religious values because I see the two as being separate.


They are. The reason they are equated is because conservative values include respecting the traditions and history of the past. The only party in Canada that fits that bill is the CPC.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they did, unless the person was a sacrifice, then it was OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Secularism

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB