Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could the CPC sweep the Prairies
Yes! All the Ridings!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
No, but come close!
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Similar Results as '06
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Losses
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
Riley W





Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 857
Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10
Location: Manitoba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Sweep of the Prairies? Reply with quote

A poll about a week or so ago showed in Manitoba the Tories had 50% support within my province.

And that wasn't JUST the rural ridings (which are VERY conservative), this included Winnipeg.

Do you think the CPC in the next election could come close to sweeping the Prairies all Blue (which would be very symbolic)?

Certainly if we got a star candidate against Ralph Goodale, I think you could sweep SK and AB, and the CPC could pick up a lot (probably not all) of the Manitoba ridings.

Which could make up for any losses in the Maritimes next election.

I think Newfoundland would probably block the party out, so gains in Manitoba and SK could make up for that.

Thoughts on the Prairies next election?
BLueWLU





Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 165
Reputation: 56.2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my predictions for the upcoming federal election. Conservatives keep all of the current seats they have in the prairies and pick up:
1) Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River
2) Saint Boniface

The only other possible pickup would be Winnipeg South Centre. I seriously doubt that the 3 NDP seats in Winnipeg will be turning blue.
Riley W





Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 857
Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10
Location: Manitoba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLueWLU wrote:
These are my predictions for the upcoming federal election. Conservatives keep all of the current seats they have in the prairies and pick up:
1) Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River
2) Saint Boniface

The only other possible pickup would be Winnipeg South Centre. I seriously doubt that the 3 NDP seats in Winnipeg will be turning blue.


Think we could swipe Ralph Goodale's seat with a good fight and possibly a star candidate?

We managed to oust Ann McLennan in Alberta, I think we could get rid of Ralph
TealTories





Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 473
Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7
votes: 1
Location: Calgary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westmanguy wrote:
BLueWLU wrote:
These are my predictions for the upcoming federal election. Conservatives keep all of the current seats they have in the prairies and pick up:
1) Desnethé—Missinippi—Churchill River
2) Saint Boniface

The only other possible pickup would be Winnipeg South Centre. I seriously doubt that the 3 NDP seats in Winnipeg will be turning blue.


Think we could swipe Ralph Goodale's seat with a good fight and possibly a star candidate?

We managed to oust Ann McLennan in Alberta, I think we could get rid of Ralph


True but McLellands seat was never one by much of a majority, she always won by one or two percent. And allegedly there was a bit of fraud going on there. People setting up fake addresses and voting from PO box #'s etc.

I think the CPC should be focusing on Ontario , PQ and Greater Vancouver.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sweep of Saskatchewan is not possible, unless Ralph Goodale steps down. Simply put, Ralph Goodale cannot be defeated. Before Ralph Klein, Goodale was King Ralph. One of them is still around today. If God himself came down and stumped for the other guy, Ralph would still have a 50/50 chance of winning.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A sweep of Saskatchewan is not possible, unless Ralph Goodale steps down. Simply put, Ralph Goodale cannot be defeated. Before Ralph Klein, Goodale was King Ralph. One of them is still around today. If God himself came down and stumped for the other guy, Ralph would still have a 50/50 chance of winning.


I used to respect that guy before he bacame a partisan schmuck. He sure seems nervous every time he's on Duffy where as when he was a minister he seemed very calm. I guess trying to keep your story straight will do that to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Sweep of the Prairies?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB