Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes down to this; the word phrase Ke-ari [like a lion] is found in the original hebrew texts and the word kari [he gouged me] is substituted for Ke-ari. The dead sea scrolls are quite irrelevant in this connection. It's not a matter of disputed interpretations of a word - the word has been substituted as noted.

Does this mean that Jesus wasn't sent by God? No it doesn't...

A good read:

http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/isaiah-p.htm
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
Quote:
I can't just take your word that the Jews translate things better.

Don replied :roll:

The Psalm 22 debate has been finalized with the publication of the Dead sea scrolls. The Christian defintion is the correct one.

Quote:
In 1947, a discovery of a collection of ancient texts would revolutionize our understanding of the Bible, Judaism and Christianity. About If there is one place in this entire debate where one may find an unbiased source, it is the Dead Sea Scrolls. Separated from the debates of Jews and Christians, the Dead Sea Scrolls represent an independent witness to the Hebrew text. The discovery of the scrolls attest to the accuracy of the transmission of the Hebrew Bible, throughout the centuries, however, they also note a variety of textual variants. One of the places where the Dead Sea Scrolls differ from the Masoretic Text is in Psalm 22:16(17). The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible, translated by Martin Abegg, Jr., Peter Flint and Eugene Ulrich notes,

Quote:
"Psalm 22 is a favorite among Christians since it is often linked in the New Testament with the suffering and death of Jesus. A well-known and controversial reading is found in verse 16, where the Masoretic text has "Like a lion are my hands and feet," whereas the Septuagint has "They have pierced my hands and feet." Among the scrolls the reading in question is found only in the Psalms scroll found at Nahal Hever (abbreviated 5/6HevPs), which reads, "They have pierced my hands and my feet"!"
Abegg, Flint and Ulrich, The Dead Sead Sea Scrolls Bible, pg. 519

http://www.messianicart.com/ch.....salm22.htm

"It is universally conceded and beyond any question that the rabbis who created the original Septuagint only translated the Five Books of Moses and nothing more. This undisputed point is well attested to by the Letter of Aristeas,5 the Talmud,6 Josephus,7 the church fathers,8 and numerous other critical sources. In other words, these ancient 72 rabbis did not translate the Book of Psalms. The Book of Psalms belongs to the third section of the Jewish scriptures called the Ketuvim, the Writings. This is an entirely different segment of Tanach from the Torah, which was the only section translated by the 72 rabbis."

http://www.topix.com/forum/rel.....NBVN6E/p51

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

Jump to: