Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Seriously, you just called the woman a moron in another thread. Why is what a moron says so important to your sense well being? You have to right to not be offended.

Who are you talking about?
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
If a person? I thought we were talking about clerics. Interesting how you chose to generalize in order to change the argument.

Fine, same question but replace "Christian" with "Christian clergyman/minister/..."
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am talking about BEAJ.

This thread.
http://www.bloggingtories.ca/forums/topic4539.html

This post.
http://www.bloggingtories.ca/f.....html#25427

He calls Anne Coulter a Moron. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If indeed she is a moron, why is it important if she thinks Jews should convert to anything?
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
luca wrote:
then all the great monotheistic religions would just be Monotheism v.1, Monotheism v.2 and so on. Just like Windows changes versions but doesn't really change the key characteristic of the operating system.

I hope I don't get the blue screen of death.

:lol: - don't worry you can always restart the program!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is not to be taken seriously....

And I cant stand her voice for more than 10 sec
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I had no idea she had so much pull in the media. I knew she wrote some books and had her fans, but apparently, the whole of North America takes notice when she says something. Am I getting an accurate picture of the woman here? I just figured she was thh Howard Stern of the Moral Majority, and no one outside that group really cared.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Actually, I had no idea she had so much pull in the media. I knew she wrote some books and had her fans

I read one of her books. It was excellent.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have issues with Jews, and I completely don't understand anti-semitic people, considering Jesus Christ, our lord and savior, was a Jew himself.

I just think Jews (as in religion not race), are a tad stuck in their ways for denying Christ as Messiah.

The Messiah isn't coming, he is already came, and it could be to late for the Jews when Jesus comes back for his believers in the End of Times....
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:
She stated on a cable show that Jews need to be perfected and that will happen by converting to Christianity.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories.....tpop_story

To me, I find that offensive.

To those who think it isn't offensive, let me ask:
If a Muslim cleric said that Muslims are just perfected Christians and that all Christians should become Muslim to be perfected, would you find that offensive?

Actually it's the other way around - it's Christians who should convert - to Judaism...

UhHuh. It just doesn't seem like a credible mission to convert the world to Judaism. Good luck to them getting all the males in the world circumcized.

The reality is that the Jewish law was meant for Jews. The eternal word and the living law - Christ - is meant for the world. Judaism simply doesn't have a credible claim to universality.

Quote:

the Jewish law was meant for Jews

Reply:

The teacher Rabbi Jesus said:

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. [John 15.10]

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. [John 15.15]

Jesus never says that we can reject the laws of God.

You're absolutely correct! Jesus IS the law of God. Christ is the living Torah: the eternal word. Jewish law is fulfilled in him.

Last edited by Dauphin on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dauphin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
Judaism simply doesn't have a credible claim to universality.

In speaking of the coming messianic age the teachings of Judaism state a clear and broad universalism:

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. [Micah 4.3-5]

Pretty clear isn't it....

Yes. A very clear prophesy indeed.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read her book, How to Talk To A Liberal..., and found it overall to be very well written. However, I did find some of her arguments to be based more in Rhetoric than Reason, but that is to be expected from a political pundit.

One thing that struck me is that she took particular offense to the Comedy Central show, "That's my Bush". She seemed to think it was some partisan attack on President Bush (which is easy to assume). However, if she would have done her research and actually called Matt Parker or Trey Stone, she would have found out that they were actually planning a parody of Gore, as they expected him to win. They only switched to Bush because he won. In the commentary for the DVD release of that show, Trey and Matt go into detail and explain their surprise for being attacked for apparently attacking Bush when they though they were just having some fun at his expense in a non-political way.
don muntean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
Judaism simply doesn't have a credible claim to universality.

In speaking of the coming messianic age the teachings of Judaism state a clear and broad universalism:

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. [Micah 4.3-5]

Pretty clear isn't it....

Yes. A very clear prophesy indeed.

For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

Yes that is a prophesy - that the coming messianic age shall be 'multi-faith' - thus you are short-sighted in your estimation that the Hebrew faith lacks a universality....
don muntean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:
She stated on a cable show that Jews need to be perfected and that will happen by converting to Christianity.

If a Muslim cleric said that Muslims are just perfected Christians and that all Christians should become Muslim to be perfected, would you find that offensive?

Actually it's the other way around - it's Christians who should convert - to Judaism...

UhHuh. It just doesn't seem like a credible mission to convert the world to Judaism. Good luck to them getting all the males in the world circumcized.

The reality is that the Jewish law was meant for Jews. The eternal word and the living law - Christ - is meant for the world. Judaism simply doesn't have a credible claim to universality.

Quote:

Reply:

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. [John 15.10]

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. [John 15.15]

You're absolutely correct! Jesus IS the law of God. Christ is the living Torah: the eternal word. Jewish law is fulfilled in him.

The point is this: your contention that 'the law' is for Jews only - is not supported by Jesus' comments...
Dauphin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
Dauphin wrote:
don muntean wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

Quote:

Reply:

The point is this: your contention that 'the law' is for Jews only - is not supported by Jesus' comments...

The Jewish law, which is incomplete, was intended for Jews. The living law, which is Christ, is intended for the world. The law is not abolished in Christ; it is fulfilled.

For example, Jews imitated God by keeping the Sabbath. As God rested on the seventh day, so did Jews. The Christian church doesn't keep the Jewish sabbath. A Jew might interpret that as meaning that Christ abolished the Sabbath, but this would be totally incorrect.

Christ described himself as "The Lord of the Sabbath". The entire purpose and meaning of the Sabbath is fulfilled in Him. We don't need the sabbath to imitate God; we have Christ. In imitating Him, the spirit of the Sabbath is fulfilled, even as the ritualistic observance is rendered obsolete.

Christ is the living Torah, the eternal word. This idea is put best in the opening to the Gospel According to John:
"In the beginning was the Word:
the Word was with God
and the Word was God
He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things came into being,"

It is this Word that Christians adhere to. The Jewish law is but a foreshadowing of the living Law which is intended for the world.
don muntean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Wants Jews To Convert To Christianity Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:

The Jewish law, which is incomplete, was intended for Jews. The living law, which is Christ, is intended for the world. The law is not abolished in Christ; it is fulfilled.

For example, Jews imitated God by keeping the Sabbath. As God rested on the seventh day, so did Jews. The Christian church doesn't keep the Jewish sabbath. A Jew might interpret that as meaning that Christ abolished the Sabbath, but this would be totally incorrect.

Christ described himself as "The Lord of the Sabbath". The entire purpose and meaning of the Sabbath is fulfilled in Him. We don't need the sabbath to imitate God; we have Christ. In imitating Him, the spirit of the Sabbath is fulfilled, even as the ritualistic observance is rendered obsolete.

Christ is the living Torah, the eternal word. This idea is put best in the opening to the Gospel According to John:
"In the beginning was the Word:
the Word was with God
and the Word was God
He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things came into being,"

It is this Word that Christians adhere to. The Jewish law is but a foreshadowing of the living Law which is intended for the world.

None of these ideas are found in Torah - nowhere in the so-called "old testement" writings do we find these ideas that the messiah would be 'the law fulfilled' what to speak of him being God...if these ideas cannot be supported there - then - what the 'new testement' says on this subject - is moot. People would do well to understand who Jesus really is...

On the Book of John:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_John

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: