Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

As a Christian, I believe:
Homosexuality is a sin
40%
 40%  [ 20 ]
Homosexuality is NOT a sin
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
I'm not a Christian
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 49

Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

Just wondering, because a lot of Christians are wishy washy on this.

Now don't take this as me hinting I am gay, I am straight as a line, but a lot of Christians are divided on this.

I personally don't believe homosexuals CHOOSE their sexual orientation. I think they are born that way, as who wants to choose to be not tolerated, discriminated against, etc.?

I think the Roman Catholics recognize this and promote celibacy for gays.

But then their is the case is it a sin for gays to think about it (not actually doing it), but that gets into an entire different issue of is it a sin to think about sinning.

Its a tricky issue among Christians, whats your view?

I personally believe if you don't choose it, and their is no free will to it, it cannot be a sin...
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

westmanguy wrote:
I personally believe if you don't choose it, and their is no free will to it, it cannot be a sin...

Your genes don't force you to put your penis in a place designed for pooping. Is it a sin? According to the Bible it is so if the Bible is your guide then it is. I just think it is disgusting.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just wondering, because a lot of Christians are wishy washy on this.

Quote:
Its a tricky issue among Christians, whats your view?

It's actually a pretty cut and dried issue with any Christians I know and Craigs post just about sums it up!
Riley W

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have to be Liberal on this issue...

You really think people choose to be gay?

If I remember correctly interracial relationships were "unchristian" too.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Is it a sin? According to the Bible it is so if the Bible is your guide then it is.

So is being born...so I wouldn't put too much stock in what the bible says.
urbanmonk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess I have to be Liberal on this issue...

You don't have to be, you could study the Bible and base your ideas on what it says.
Rom. 1:26-27: " 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Quote:
You really think people choose to be gay?
Of coarse they do and more young people are getting involved with this lifestyle these days not because they are born that way but because they have been conditioned to believe it's normal.

Quote:
If I remember correctly interracial relationships were "unchristian" too.

Not the same thing. Not based on scripture but on human prejudices.
Dolphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not something I would ever do, but I have no moral objections to homosexuality whatsoever.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin wrote:
It's not something I would ever do, but I have no moral objections to homosexuality whatsoever.

Same with me. It is not a choice. There is so much research and evidence out there that shows that homosexuality occurs in the womb most of the time.
Look at the animal kingdom. It occurs in over 250 different species of animals.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a sin yes, but so is judging them because of their sexual preference.
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine how "homosexuality" could be a sin. How could having a disordered attraction be sinful? The poll question doesn't make sense, and is unanswerable from a Christian perspective.

It would be entirely different if we were discussing homosexual acts.
urbanmonk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Is it a sin yes, but so is judging them because of their sexual preference.

I agree...
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
westmanguy wrote:

Your genes don't force you to put your penis in a place designed for pooping. Is it a sin? According to the Bible it is so if the Bible is your guide then it is. I just think it is disgusting.

Sodomy - what a nasty subject - it's usually associated with gay men - yet - these days lots of men do that to women and -conversely it's unfair to generalize that all gay men do it - I recall hearing Dr. Ruth discuss on her old radio show at least 17 years ago - it was a gross discussion she had with the caller - she was saying that it's perfectly acceptable - only be sure not to contaminate the womans privates with stool from the noted behavior. Disgusting to say the least.

In Leviticus 20.13 God says that this act is an abomination. Of course one should be able to surmise why...
Riley W

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sodomy as much as a straight thing as a gay thing these days.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
westmanguy wrote:

You could make the same bible argument when it comes to oral sex and even masturbation.
According to the bible, the only place to put a penis is inside a woman for the purpose of procreation. All other sex acts, including sex using condoms could be considered sinful.
Dauphin

Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7Reputation: 41.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is homosexuality a sin? Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Craig wrote:
westmanguy wrote:

You could make the same bible argument when it comes to oral sex and even masturbation.
According to the bible, the only place to put a penis is inside a woman for the purpose of procreation. All other sex acts, including sex using condoms could be considered sinful.

Sounds like you just quoted the Catholic position! Every sexual act must be procreative in intent.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  

Jump to: