Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Green Party demands federal action on cell phones... Reply with quote

Quote:
OTTAWA - Green Party leader Elizabeth May today called on Health Minister Tony Clement to issue an immediate warning on the potential danger posed by radiation from cell phones and wireless networks in Canada.

Germany recently warned its citizens to avoid wireless technology whenever possible and the EU’s European Environment Agency (EEA) followed suit with a call for immediate reduction in exposure to radiation from phones and wireless networks. The EEA suggested that a delay could precipitate a health crisis similar to those caused by asbestos exposure and smoking.

"There is growing scientific evidence that exposure to electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from cell phones and wireless networks can cause significant harm to people, especially children,” said Ms. May. “Until all the facts are in, it is foolish to turn a blind eye to the potential health effects of EMR. The Green Party urges the federal government to apply the precautionary principle and warn citizens of these risks now.”

http://www.greenparty.ca/en/releases/27.09.2007
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty ridiculous... but I expect nothing less from Lizzie May. What's next? A ban on electricity because it emits an electromagntic field?

-Mac
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they want us to live in caves and act like cavemen?!?
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:

Well... some of us...

Some animals are more equal than others :wink:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If we lived in caves we'd have to use cell phones. I wonder how Osama communicates while living in caves in the mountains of Afganistan?

Quote:
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" - Orwell
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:

If we lived in caves we'd have to use cell phones. I wonder how Osama communicates while living in caves in the mountains of Afganistan?

Quote:
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" - Orwell

Afghanistan is very much like the world was 800 years ago... but with everyone on a cell phone.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, look! Its a desperate attempt by the Green party to try and be relevant to Canadians.
Knave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
Look, look! Its a desperate attempt by the Green party to try and be relevant to Canadians.

Necessary emphasis added. 8)
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, true.
Sheila

votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been studying this phenomenon for over a year, but instead of banning cell phones, there are actually products out there to reduce the risk. Please see www.emfhealthsolutions.com for more information. I am not selling anything, but the product is available at www.bioprotechnology.com for those of you willing to look into it. (And no I do not support Elisabeth May)
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should dismiss the dangers either. Better to be cautious. I don't support a ban. But the jury is still out on this one. I know that I always turn on the baby monitor when it isn't in use and I don't place it near the baby.
peter_puck

Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6Reputation: 6.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Ban on electricity ... Reply with quote

Quote:

That's pretty ridiculous... but I expect nothing less from Lizzie May. What's next? A ban on electricity because it emits an electromagntic field?

Considering all the electrical activity in the human brain, thinking hard must cause cancer.

Just to point out as well, this all started from one of th most boneheaded studies of all time. Someone found out that people who live very close to power lines had much higher rates of cancer. From this they concluded that power lines must cause cancer.
It turned out that people living near powerlines were poorer, drank more, smoked more and did more drugs. (think about it, if you have the money, would you buy a house next to a powerline ?)
Once you compared the poor people under a power line to poor people elsewhere, powerlinesit didn't really make a difference.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ban on electricity ... Reply with quote

peter_puck wrote:
Considering all the electrical activity in the human brain, thinking hard must cause cancer.

I know quite a few people who won't ever suffer from cancer! :lol:

-Mac
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ban on electricity ... Reply with quote

peter_puck wrote:
Quote:

Just to point out as well, this all started from one of th most boneheaded studies of all time. Someone found out that people who live very close to power lines had much higher rates of cancer. From this they concluded that power lines must cause cancer.
It turned out that people living near powerlines were poorer, drank more, smoked more and did more drugs. (think about it, if you have the money, would you buy a house next to a powerline ?)
Once you compared the poor people under a power line to poor people elsewhere, powerlinesit didn't really make a difference.

That just goes to show once again that correlation does not show causation.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ban on electricity ... Reply with quote

peter_puck wrote:

There's a big difference between electrical activity and microwaves. Stick your head in your microwave oven and see how long you last. Cell phones emit MICROWAVES - THAT is the problem.

As far as I know, your brain doesn't produce microwaves :P

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: