Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is VERY well documented that UV radiation causes skin cancer. Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that extended exposure to close proximity microwave radiation might be able to do the same?
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
You are right. These respected brain surgeons who have spent their lives studying this don't know crap. The articles they published in refereed journals based on years of scientific study are useless. We would all be better off listening to a policeman tell us about the microwaves emitted by incandescent light bulbs.

I'm not sure why you're being deliberately rude but rather than reciprocating in kind, I shall ask you to desist. I'm not angry or insulted but I'm not interested in being treated in such a disrespectful manner.

I didn't claim that light bulbs gave off microwaves and I don't know why you would jump to that conclusion. I used that example because heat & light given off from a light bulb is something that most people can relate to easily, certainly moreso than antenna emissions.

The purpose of that illustration was to explain in an easily understandable way how the emissions dissipate exponentially because RF emissions are subject to the same laws of physics as heat & light.... both dissipate in the same manner. The light bulb example also highlights the fact that energy emissions for bulbs and antennas are measured in the same manner (wattage) for a reason.

By the way, my post secondary education was in electronics engineering and I was working for a multinational electronics firm when my application to the RCMP (submitted straight out of high school during a hiring freeze) came up. While I'm not a cancer doctor, I might just know a bit about RF propagation.

-Mac
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
It is VERY well documented that UV radiation causes skin cancer. Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that extended exposure to close proximity microwave radiation might be able to do the same?

Because UV radiation is much higher in energy than microwave radiation?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:

Because UV radiation is much higher in energy than microwave radiation?

Okay - x-rays. Very similar energy compared with microwaves.

So - we have two types of light that are well known to cause cancer - high energy UV and low energy x-rays. Not a stretch to suggest that microwaves may also cause cancer - especially when the suggestion comes from scientists in a reputable journal.

There is a $1 trillion global industry at state hear. There are dozens of studies funded by wireless multinationals that dispute these findings. There is virtually no financial or political incentive to suggest that cell phones cause cancer. Therefore, when someone provides evidence that they do people should listen. It is the studies that suggest no link that should be viewed with skepticism.

Last edited by Craig on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
By the way, my post secondary education was in electronics engineering and I was working for a multinational electronics firm when my application to the RCMP (submitted straight out of high school during a hiring freeze) came up. While I'm not a cancer doctor, I might just know a bit about RF propagation.

My master's thesis was using the SSM/I satellite sensor (microwaves) to determine lake freezeup and breakup dates.

It doesn't matter what your credentials are - it matters what your statements are.

I apologize if I was rude. It has been a long week at work.

Last edited by Craig on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Nope, x-rays are even higher in energy than UV light.
Link
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Craig wrote:

Nope, x-rays are even higher in energy than UV light.
Link

You are right. The studies find a statistically significant relationship between cell phone use and brain and salivary gland cancers. I don't claim to know the reason.
gc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
You are right. The studies find a statistically significant relationship between cell phone use and brain and salivary gland cancers. I don't claim to know the reason.

I won't argue with that. It could be something other than the radiation. Or, perhaps more likely, is that microwave radiation (even though it is lower in energy) can cause cancer when it's right next to your head. However, for people who don't use cell phones I doubt there would be any risk. Though, if someone has evidence to the contrary, that would be interesting to see.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
However, for people who don't use cell phones I doubt there would be any risk. Though, if someone has evidence to the contrary, that would be interesting to see.

Proximity is certainly the key. Some people have raised caution flags about wireless networks (Lakehead University refused a campus wifi network due to health concerns). I believe wireless networks are more powerful than cellphones and usually they are 24/7 but rarely do you hold the transmitter next to your head.

I know I make sure the baby monitor in my baby's room is at the opposite side of the room.
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
My master's thesis was using the SSM/I satellite sensor (microwaves) to determine lake freezeup and breakup dates.

It doesn't matter what your credentials are - it matters what your statements are.

I apologize if I was rude. It has been a long week at work.

Accepted and appreciated. Sorry about your week.

WiFi systems vary in power. Most wireless cards in laptops put out around 32 milliwatts. Most consumer routers put out around 100 milliwatts. Commercial systems push a bit more but usually less than 1 watt.

-Mac
Sheila

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some reading for you:
http://www.flyingsnail.com/CASHCPR/cellular.html
Also:
http://www.emfhealthsolutions.com
Sheila

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new study to be released in July concerning cell phone use while pregnant.
http://www.independent.co.uk/l.....30352.html
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested.

Top ten cellphones for radiation...
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6.....ml?tag=nav

Bottom ten cellphones for radiation...
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6.....ml?tag=nav
Wallace

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[youtube]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MfAPIApf-yc[/youtube]
Mac

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why your link doesn't work, Wallace but a very funny video!!

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: