Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't shock me that Christianity is booming in the land of low IQs and illiteracy. But in the West, the overall percentages of those who accept Jesus are dwindling.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
It doesn't shock me that Christianity is booming in the land of low IQs and illiteracy. But in the West, the overall percentages of those who accept Jesus are dwindling.

Yep... But the rise of Christianity has another reason: Rise of Islamism...........
Triple_R

Reputation: 6.2Reputation: 6.2Reputation: 6.2Reputation: 6.2Reputation: 6.2Reputation: 6.2
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:

And there's AJ with his obvious anti-Christian bigotry, arrogance, bile, condescenion, hatred, and intolerance.

A solid majority of all world citizens of an IQ of 100 or greater believe in God.

That's a fact, AJ, and that's one of many reasons why your anti-Christian bigotry, arrogance, bile, condescenion, hatred, and intolerance is invalid.
Bleatmop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple_R wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

And there's AJ with his obvious anti-Christian bigotry, arrogance, bile, condescenion, hatred, and intolerance.

A solid majority of all world citizens of an IQ of 100 or greater believe in God.

That's a fact, AJ, and that's one of many reasons why your anti-Christian bigotry, arrogance, bile, condescenion, hatred, and intolerance is invalid.

I can understand you are defending your religion, but do you even have a shred of proof to back up that statement? If you're going to be spouting off "facts", please keep them within the provable realm.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple_R wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

That is not true. Since an IQ average of 100 means that there are equally as many people with an IQ of over 100 as under100 and that atheists tend to have higher than average IQ's it can only be concluded that people who believe in God are well represented by people who have IQs of less than 100.
In the US for example, blacks tend to be the highest percentage believers but also have an IQ average of 85.
In the middle east where it is almost a sin not to believe in God/Allah, the IQs are embarrassingly low.
Many studies confirm that the more religious a group is collectively, the lower the IQ average is of that group.

http://www.useless-knowledge.c.....le156.html
http://kspark.kaist.ac.kr/Jesu.....ligion.htm
http://www.halfsigma.com/2006/.....peopl.html

COUNTRY .... LITERACY RATE......AVERAGE IQ

Bahrain................. 85 ................... 83
Egypt ................... 51 ................... 83
Iran ..................... 71 ................... 84
Iraq ..................... 58 ................... 87
Jordan .................. 86 .................. 87
Kuwait .................. 79 .................. 83
Lebanon ................ 83 .................. 86
Oman .................... 64 .................. 83
Qatar .................... 79 .................. 78
Saudi Arabia ........... 71 .................. 83
Syria ..................... 70 .................. 87
Turkey ................... 82 .................. 90
United Arab Emirates . 79 .................. 83
Dolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Hitchens is an idiot. He argues against something he does not understand. In an interview I saw a few weeks ago, he stated that if there is a God and if he is wrong, he'll just explain to God why he didn't believe. He figures God will find his "honesty" acceptable. The guy not only thinks he would be able to open his mouth, he actually thinks he can bluff the Almighty... which just goes to show how inadequate his definition of God is.

--Ruth

Well, god doesnt exist so he shouldn't worry!

Well put. Is atheism anywhere near common in the conservative Party of Canada? It sure isn't in the Republican party here in the US.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Hitchens is an idiot. He argues against something he does not understand. In an interview I saw a few weeks ago, he stated that if there is a God and if he is wrong, he'll just explain to God why he didn't believe. He figures God will find his "honesty" acceptable. The guy not only thinks he would be able to open his mouth, he actually thinks he can bluff the Almighty... which just goes to show how inadequate his definition of God is.

--Ruth

Well, god doesnt exist so he shouldn't worry!

Well put. Is atheism anywhere near common in the conservative Party of Canada? It sure isn't in the Republican party here in the US.

I would say all the social Christian Conservatives of Canada vote CPC. But their is a secular wing who have non-social issue Conservative tendencies.

So the party has common things people agree on...military, defense, law & order, economic Conservatism, etc. But the CPC in Canada is a divided entity on social Christian issues.

The best policy, I feel for the party, is a free vote stance. On all contentious social issues the party would have a free vote with no party line.

But no I wouldn't say atheism is the norm. of the CPC, I would say it has 3 main components:

1) Your Christian Right Republican-evangelical types
2) Your Christian Secularists. Those who are Christian but want a secular Canada
3) Atheists/Agnostics who have non-Christian Conservative values.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many atheist/agnostics are Libertarians, and of the three major parties, the PC's are the best fit for Libertarians.
Again, not to beat a dead horse, I can't see one atheist/agnostic voting for Tory because of the faith funding platform. He lost those votes.
Dolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Many atheist/agnostics are Libertarians, and of the three major parties, the PC's are the best fit for Libertarians.
Again, not to beat a dead horse, I can't see one atheist/agnostic voting for Tory because of the faith funding platform. He lost those votes.

The republican party's pandering to the christian fundamentalists give me pause, but the democratic party is way too far to the left for me to vote for, especially on defense issues. I told a republican board on yahoo I am an atheist a few moths back, the response was reletively positive, no open hostility even when I bring up differences on church-state issues.

How is Harper on church-state issues?
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

The republican party's pandering to the christian fundamentalists give me pause, but the democratic party is way too far to the left for me to vote for, especially on defense issues. I told a republican board on yahoo I am an atheist a few moths back, the response was reletively positive, no open hostility even when I bring up differences on church-state issues.

first I don't like the term church-state issues. Even the Christian Right isn't for a national church.

I call it Christian Social Issues.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper was not opposed to same-sex marriage, but he wanted to maintain the status quo.

I don't know his abortion stance...
Dolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Harper on church-state issues?[/quote]

first I don't like the term church-state issues. Even the Christian Right isn't for a national church.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper was not opposed to same-sex marriage, but he wanted to maintain the status quo.

I don't know his abortion stance...[/quote]

I specified church-state becuase I don't view abortion and gay marriage to be among them. I support gay marriage, but I know atheists who oppose it, I am pro-life on the issuse of abortion. I was just curious if he thought Canada was a christian nation, like some conservatives here think about the US. Does he mix religion and politics much?
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin wrote:

I don't know his abortion stance...[/quote]

I specified church-state becuase I don't view abortion and gay marriage to be among them. I support gay marriage, but I know atheists who oppose it, I am pro-life on the issuse of abortion. I was just curious if he thought Canada was a christian nation, like some conservatives here think about the US. Does he mix religion and politics much?[/quote]

Generally religion doesn't have a huge role in Canadian politics.

Every Prime Minister has been a Christian, Harper is a Christian Protestant, Martin was a Roman Catholic, Chretien was a Roman Catholic, Mulroney was a Roman Catholic, Trudeau was a Roman Catholic...

Dion is an atheist to my knowledge though...

But religion really has no baring on debates or issues in our governments....
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
westmanguy wrote:
I'm never going to read a book that slaps the face of me and my beliefs.

This is my logic for a God:

Then why are you challenging his beliefs if you won't have yours challenged?

Why in the world would you bother to challenge or argue with someone who told you that 2+2=956231.00? You know bloody well it isn't but there is just no convincing them. I can live with others scoffing at my Faith in God. I can live with the twinge of pity I feel for them and the guy that thinks 2+2=956231.00.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphin wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

As far as I can tell he keeps church and state separate. Tory obviously doesn't.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
Bleatmop wrote:
westmanguy wrote:
I'm never going to read a book that slaps the face of me and my beliefs.

This is my logic for a God:

Then why are you challenging his beliefs if you won't have yours challenged?

Why in the world would you bother to challenge or argue with someone who told you that 2+2=956231.00? You know bloody well it isn't but there is just no convincing them. I can live with others scoffing at my Faith in God. I can live with the twinge of pity I feel for them and the guy that thinks 2+2=956231.00.

2 + 2 =4
And Pi doesn't equal 3.00

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: