Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Won the New Hampshire GOP Debate?
Rudy Giuliani
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
John McCain
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Mitt Romney
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Huckabee
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Tom Tancredo
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Sam Brownback
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Paul
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Duncan Hunter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
absentee Fred Thompson
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets ASSUME Gulliani wins the nomination. Do you think he would bring a more Conservative Christian person in as his Vice to keep the Christian Right at bay?

Someone like Mike Huckabee, or Mitt Romney.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Ron Paul wrote:
NAFTAís superhighway is just one part of a plan to erase the borders between the U.S. and Mexico, called the North American Union. This spawn of powerful special interests, would create a single nation out of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, with a new unelected bureaucracy and money system. Forget about controlling immigration under this scheme.

No dodging around this point. He's flat-out endorsing and propagating the NAU conspiracy theory. To paraphrase a favourite movie, if I knew nothing else about the man, that would be enough.

The NAU agenga is clearly documented and a serious threat. It has moved far beyond conspiracy theory...
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The NAU agenga is clearly documented and a serious threat. It has moved far beyond conspiracy theory...

Evidence that NAFTA and NORAD exist, and that our governments are cooperating on security and border issues, does not constitute evidence of secret conspiracy to unify North America. The fact that high level meetings are held with as much security and/or secrecy as possible does not lend any weight to such mad ramblings - they're prudent measures to avoid wide-spread public disturbances and security threats.

I'll bite, and read any evidence you provide, if said content is 'work-safe'.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
The fact that high level meetings are held with as much security and/or secrecy as possible does not lend any weight to such mad ramblings - they're prudent measures to avoid wide-spread public disturbances and security threats.

I'll bite, and read any evidence you provide, if said content is 'work-safe'.

It is more than security. It is economic, power grids, transportation, and judicial integration. The greenback is at the same level as your currency for the first time since the 70's. Once we both reach the level of the peso, we're really screwed but rest assured that is where we are headed. The money for a border fence has been authorized but Bush has pulled the workers to build it. Open records lawsuits are being thwarted for this at every turn. The amnesty bills keep rolling through Congress. The evidence of not a conspiracy, but an agenda are overwhelming. It sounds to me like you are an NAU proponent.

Bush has yet to address these questions directly and is risking a GOP loss in 2008 as a result.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The greenback is at the same level as your currency for the first time since the 70's.

This is true, and an effect of our economy slightly out-performing yours, at this moment in time. I expect that we'll be below parity again by Christmas. This is not evidence of a conspiracy or agenda, unless you can provide further evidence that economic policies in both nations are being conciously directed to achieve the goal of parity. Furthermore, I fail to see how having our two currencies at parity is a threat to the sovereignty of either nation.

I'm not an NAU proponent, I'd certainly be opposed to such a thing. However, all that you've put forward so far are independent events that are occurring not just in North America, but around the globe, and that most people call globalization.

Edit:
For the record, I'm not at all pleased with how the Bush Administration is handling immigration issues. There's certainly some valid criticisms in the article you provided that I'd agree with. But the Northern border is getting tighter and tighter security. It used to be that we could fly into the US with a driver's license, and now we must have a passport. Soon, we'll need one to get through the land crossings as well.
Dolphin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westmanguy wrote:
Lets ASSUME Gulliani wins the nomination. Do you think he would bring a more Conservative Christian person in as his Vice to keep the Christian Right at bay?

Someone like Mike Huckabee, or Mitt Romney.

I would think that is likely. A ticket of two prochoicers will probably lead to splitting the conservative vote, and a conservative 3rd party challenge on the right. A Romney or Huckabee would keep most of those people from straying. The dems are already set to pick up a couple to several senate seats and have a good chance of holding the house of representitives, losing the white house will take the country far to the left, I think the religious right will bite the bullet and vote for rudy if a conservative is his running mate.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Dolphin. Though I find a Giuliani / Thompson ticket most appealing, something like Giuliani / Huckabee is more likely to have broader support.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great post on The Shotgun blog

http://westernstandard.blogs.c.....enden.html

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Militant Tendency

Sorry, folks. I guess I should have realized that you donít write about a group of fairly well-organized and irrational fanatics without getting an irrational and fanatical response. I have no idea how many comments there will be by the time I get up, but Iíd wager itíll be north of one-hundred. I hope no oneís getting them all as e-mails or something like that. Heh.

Now, though, at least I know who they remind me of Ė the Labour Partyís own Militant Tendency. That is to say, Ron Paulís supporters are practicing a form of entryism, wherein they are attempting to force their way into the Republican Party in the hope of causing disruption and chaos. They are coming in Republican/conservative clothing when, in truth, their goals and motives are far, far different.

Some who Iíve spoken to think that Iím over-estimating Ron Paul and his base of support. Iím not so sure. I hope that I am Ė I fear that Iím not. They donít have to be large to cause an awful lot of trouble.

In any case Ė I think that these anti-war and, well, awfully nutty people need to be written out of the conservative movement altogether as singularly undesirable, just as Ė for example Ė Objectivists once were.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: