Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think is the most correct of the two statements?
Video games, horror films, and goth music caused the Montreal shooter to become violent
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
The Montreal shooter was insane and evil, but ultimately bears responsability for his actions
94%
 94%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 19

FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With respect to government intervention, I personally feel we all ready have an overabundance of regulation in media matters. Almost the only intervention I support is mandatory, stringent ratings systems on movies, television, and games. Because,
Quote:
Heres where personal responsability comes into play.

Other than that, I'd like to see the market opened to more competition. Drop CBC television, drop mandatory content laws, stop restricting sales of foreign satellite .... etc.
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One other example - is that it is very common now over the last five years - for TV adverts to be played at a much louder volume - than the programming - this is very much annoying and the CRTC seems to do nothing about it. Don't they ever watch the TV that they regulate?

Its even worse in my home, with my bad hearing and a hometheater system. But thats what the mute button's for.

Don, do yourself a huge favor and buy Civilization 4. Its a turn based game that an intelligent fellow like you will absolutely adore. Non-violent for the most part, intracate without being too tough to figure out and genuinely fun to play.

FF, amen brother!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"P.S. the only game i've ever been able to complete is Naboo Fighter - I find every other game i've played just too darn difficult to get through! "

Try smoking a joint before you play, your brain will be able to process more information at once and your reflexes and reaction time will be better. you will be better able to plan several moves in advance, it almost seems to slow things down, kind of like spidy sense, lol.
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albertan Technophile wrote:
Quote:
One other example - is that it is very common now over the last five years - for TV adverts to be played at a much louder volume - than the programming - this is very much annoying and the CRTC seems to do nothing about it. Don't they ever watch the TV that they regulate?

Its even worse in my home, with my bad hearing and a hometheater system. But thats what the mute button's for.

Don, do yourself a huge favor and buy Civilization 4. Its a turn based game that an intelligent fellow like you will absolutely adore. Non-violent for the most part, intracate without being too tough to figure out and genuinely fun to play.

FF, amen brother!

Thanx - i'll check out that game and - you should not 'have' to use your mute button...:wink:
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either that or the wife casualy saunters by and turns it down...

We as the cunsumers have the power, if you don't like the noise levels, write and complain. If enough folks whine, the corp. changes.
jw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't much like video games and doubt that government can do much. The only thing the government can do is end intentional bigotry and discrimination targeted at males.

That said, there is a lot that can be done to stop shooters, gang bangers and terrorists. We must remember that the root is the same for all three.

We need to reach the young men, we need to take their problems and concerns seriously and we need to do it via grass roots activity. That means getting the men into serious activity. I know, I know, that is hard, it is a very hard thing to get today's adult male going. He's had decades of sexism dumped on him and just plain doesn't much want to have anything at all to do with "the system."

So, to get the men moving we need to get the women to be willing to support the men, to listen to what he has to say. Sadly, the women have been trained to not listen to what the men have to say. It is a bit of a mess ... But, we've handled tougher messes before and we can handle this one.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jw wrote:
I don't much like video games and doubt that government can do much. The only thing the government can do is end intentional bigotry and discrimination targeted at males.

That said, there is a lot that can be done to stop shooters, gang bangers and terrorists. We must remember that the root is the same for all three.

We need to reach the young men, we need to take their problems and concerns seriously and we need to do it via grass roots activity. That means getting the men into serious activity. I know, I know, that is hard, it is a very hard thing to get today's adult male going. He's had decades of sexism dumped on him and just plain doesn't much want to have anything at all to do with "the system."

So, to get the men moving we need to get the women to be willing to support the men, to listen to what he has to say. Sadly, the women have been trained to not listen to what the men have to say. It is a bit of a mess ... But, we've handled tougher messes before and we can handle this one.

Care to elaborate on what the young men's problems and concerns are? How women could support the men? And why women have been trained to not listen to what men have to say?

I'm serious. If you started another thread or maybe had a blog post on this subject, I would read it. I may or may not believe it, but I'm interested in the information and logic behind your arguments.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrGreenthumb wrote:
"P.S. the only game i've ever been able to complete is Naboo Fighter - I find every other game i've played just too darn difficult to get through! "

Try smoking a joint before you play, your brain will be able to process more information at once and your reflexes and reaction time will be better. you will be better able to plan several moves in advance, it almost seems to slow things down, kind of like spidy sense, lol.

why am i not surprised to read this? lol
Albertan Technophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be an interesting discussion. Make a topic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: