Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TealTories

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Mike Vick Reply with quote

So, it looks as though, Mike Vick is going to get a year in jail.

Do my fellow BT'ers think he will ever play again?
It wouldnt suprise me but I sure hope not!!!
plantguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got no sympathy for the guy. I f he never plays again it will be to soon. Even if he is offered a spot I think the NFL will find out that alot of football fans are dog lovers too, especially in the South. Get the marmalade out, he's toast
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubtful he will play again. Not even in the cfl....
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bye and good riddance. It would shock me to see him ever on a pro team again.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick = dog abuser & likely a short jail term
OJ Simpson = Murderer & free

Yes Vick did wrong, & no he should not get kicked out unless OJ is stripped of the Hall of Fame.
plantguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, OJ was found innocent. (I know, he lost the civil case) but Vick has plead guilty. OJ can't be penalized without incurring a monster law suit, even though we all know he did it.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will play in Oakland. They love guys like him there.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Heatley was excessively speeding through a neighbourhood in his Ferrari until he crashed the car and killed his friend. Canada seems to have embraced him. Dog fighting and killing dogs is bad but acting recklessly causing the death of your friend is pretty bad too. Danny Heatley is playing in the NHL and nobody seems to have ill will towards him. Now Danny is a nice guy who made a VERY bad choice. I don't think Vick has a nice bone in his body - maybe that is the difference.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Quote:
Danny Heatley was excessively speeding through a neighbourhood in his Ferrari until he crashed the car and killed his friend.

That's about the biggest thing I can think of that a pro athelete has recovered from(been forgiven for by the public), besides drugs(which is almost passe now).

I don't think anything comes close to torturing and killing Fido. It will take a real twisted public to accept that kinda guy on their team.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Danny Heatley was excessively speeding through a neighbourhood in his Ferrari until he crashed the car and killed his friend. Canada seems to have embraced him. Dog fighting and killing dogs is bad but acting recklessly causing the death of your friend is pretty bad too. Danny Heatley is playing in the NHL and nobody seems to have ill will towards him. Now Danny is a nice guy who made a VERY bad choice. I don't think Vick has a nice bone in his body - maybe that is the difference.

Bertuzzi ended another NHLer's careeer after bashing him on the head, no charges were ever laid, yes there was a lengthy suspension but there should have been a ban.

And then there is Pete Rose, the 1919 Black Sox scandal, & the beat goes on.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
Bertuzzi ended another NHLer's careeer after bashing him on the head, no charges were ever laid, yes there was a lengthy suspension but there should have been a ban.

Actually, Todd Bertuzzi was charged with assault causing bodily harm and plead guilty. He received a conditional sentence and probation.

There's a world of difference between making a bad choice (Heatley, Bertuzzi) and the deliberate cruelty of arranging dog fights and killing dogs that lost in painful, torturous ways (Vick)...

-Mac
plantguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a single pro athelete that has come back after a lengthy stay in jail except Mike Tyson. Even if he were to be allowed to play again PETA would hound him out of the stadium.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
There's a world of difference between making a bad choice (Heatley, Bertuzzi) and the deliberate cruelty of arranging dog fights and killing dogs that lost in painful, torturous ways (Vick)...

I don't think it was the first time Heatley raced through residential neighbourhoods at over 120kms per hour. Killing dogs is sick but putting people and children in danger by driving recklessly is nothing to discount.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I don't think it was the first time Heatley raced through residential neighbourhoods at over 120kms per hour. Killing dogs is sick but putting people and children in danger by driving recklessly is nothing to discount.

Drinking & driving is a serious criminal offence. Over the years, I've gone to enough fatal collision scenes. I've notified more than enough parents and spouses. Trust me, I'm not dismissing the gravity but generally, it's an offence of negligence, showing a lack of judgment and/or forethought.

I don't recall reading anything which implied Heatley was a habitual drinker or that this kind of behaviour was characteristic of him. You know something I don't?

On the other hand, Vick was breeding dogs for the purposes of fighting, arranging fights & bets, then killing dogs which were unsuccessful in tortuous fashion. That implies deliberation, forethought and cruelty.

Negligence versus depravity; a whole different world, like I said.

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I don't recall reading anything which implied Heatley was a habitual drinker or that this kind of behaviour was characteristic of him. You know something I don't?

No. I would just be surprised if that happened to be the first time he drove his ferrari well beyond the speed limit.

Quote:
Negligence versus depravity; a whole different world, like I said.

A different world for sure. But I would rank negligence causing human death close to depravity causing animal death.

He's a sick puppy (pardon the pun) for sure. I'm a big fan of animals having owned quite a variety of pets but I loath street racers too.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: