Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
biggie wrote:
mrsocko wrote:
The silent platform wrote
Quote:
jesus dude

I would appreciate if you did not use the name Jesus in that context. Thanks.

Politically correct anyone?? just saying...

:?

It is his religion. If calling your beliefs a "cop-out" is outrageous then I don't think it is too much to ask that his beliefs be respected.

Not the point at all...
using the word jesus is completely different than attacking my set of beliefs.

By using that word in a sentence, it's not an attack on his beliefs... he might perceive it as that way, but too bad.
When you called my beliefs a cop-out, it was a direct attack, with the intent to attack my beliefs. big difference.

When someone says "jesus", that's not intended to insult one's faith - people need to relax, stop considering what bothers them and consider the intent of the comment.
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, if we're going to cow-tow to every tom dick and jane that has a problem with the way something is expressed... it's probably a good idea to cut out the whole "religion of peace" talk - because we all know what that's all about.

If everyone wasn't so *#$^ sensitive about this garbage maybe rational conversation could occur? :?
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not the point at all...
using the word jesus is completely different than attacking my set of beliefs

The context(intent) of "jesus dude" was to use the word Jesus as a sware word in much they same way you would say sh*t dude or f*ck dude. I don't like seeing Jesus used in that manner and politely asked that it not be used that way. The Silent platform realized the context in which he quoted Jesus was inappropriate and graciuosly apoligized. End of story.

I swore on here a few times and people took me to task. I don't think I did anything wrong in this instance.
biggie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Quote:
Not the point at all...
using the word jesus is completely different than attacking my set of beliefs

The context(intent) of "jesus dude" was to use the word Jesus as a sware word in much they same way you would say sh*t dude or f*ck dude. I don't like seeing Jesus used in that manner and politely asked that it not be used that way. The Silent platform realized the context in which he quoted Jesus was inappropriate and graciuosly apoligized. End of story.

I swore on here a few times and people took me to task. I don't think I did anything wrong in this instance.

My point is simple;

If we want to cut down on this political correctness crap; then we must also accept that certain people may say things that we do not like.

The important thing is for us to focus on the meaning, the intent.

I also don't think you did anything wrong by asking for this not to be used this way; but that also means your stance on political correctness is compromised in other conversations.

what's good for the goose is good for the gander; and until you can join the gander... well, it doesn't help the case very much.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
Furthermore, if we're going to cow-tow to every tom dick and jane that has a problem with the way something is expressed... it's probably a good idea to cut out the whole "religion of peace" talk - because we all know what that's all about.

If everyone wasn't so *#$^ sensitive about this garbage maybe rational conversation could occur? :?

Dude. You feigned outrage because I called a statement you made a "cop-out". So, as the Christians would say, let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggie wrote:
Quote:
I also don't think you did anything wrong by asking for this not to be used this way; but that also means your stance on political correctness is compromised in other conversations.

In what other conversations would you be referring to?

Quote:
what's good for the goose is good for the gander; and until you can join the gander... well, it doesn't help the case very much.

If I have offended people and people told me about it I have apoligized. If you want examples I can supply them. As far as rational conversation goes this burr up your butt regarding Christians makes alot of what you say irrational.
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is now off-topic and is now locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: