Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Feelings on Paul VI's HUMANAE VITAE? Reply with quote

Hey all
I started thinking about this because of the caden thread (which I do not wish to reopen). Since many people here seem opposed to SS relationships and the best reason they have come up with is that a child is not produced I was wondering how you all felt about the Popes 1968 statement?

http://www.vatican.va/holy_fat.....ae_en.html

11. The sexual activity, in which husband and wife are intimately and chastely united with one another, through which human life is transmitted, is, as the recent Council recalled, "noble and worthy.'' (11) It does not, moreover, cease to be legitimate even when, for reasons independent of their will, it is foreseen to be infertile. For its natural adaptation to the expression and strengthening of the union of husband and wife is not thereby suppressed. The fact is, as experience shows, that new life is not the result of each and every act of sexual intercourse. God has wisely ordered laws of nature and the incidence of fertility in such a way that successive births are already naturally spaced through the inherent operation of these laws. The Church, nevertheless, in urging men to the observance of the precepts of the natural law, which it interprets by its constant doctrine, teaches that each and every marital act must of necessity retain its intrinsic relationship to the procreation of human life. (12)

I assume that those against homosexual acts would also logically be againt oral/anal sex, post monopausal sex, preggers having sex, birth control of any kind, sterile people having sex, using methods to attempt to aviod sex and (most importantly) having sex for ANY OTHER reason than having a child.
If you are against these things then I can understand (even if I do not accept) the logical opposition to homosexuality.
plantguy

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the makings of a monster case of blue balls.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it sounds like a logical fallacy.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I assume that those against homosexual acts would also logically be againt oral/anal sex, post monopausal sex, preggers having sex, birth control of any kind, sterile people having sex, using methods to attempt to aviod sex and (most importantly) having sex for ANY OTHER reason than having a child.
If you are against these things then I can understand (even if I do not accept) the logical opposition to homosexuality.

Quote:
Actually, it sounds like a logical fallacy.

Exactly my thoughts, kw.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I get it now! You think your right and everyone else is wrong. And you won't stop until we agree with you. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Jump to: