Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: C-17A airplanes for Canada Reply with quote

Canada's newest airlift plane has just arrived:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti.....hub=Canada

Quote:
"The arrival of Canada One, as it is being called, will allow the military to abandon its need to beg, borrow or lease heavy-lift carriers from other armies or private contractors when responding to domestic or international crises."
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me proud to be a member of the Conservative Party.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. Here's to hoping the rest of the much needed equipment shows up to our troops asap!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
Makes me proud to be a member of the Conservative Party.

PM Harper is delivering most of his pre-election promises
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great that they have bought these airplanes, but they did not need to buy these. there are Canadians that where and are willing to supply these on a charter basis. Why that would have given 3 to 5 billion in the budget available for investment in other areas. A Canadian Contractor can supply a better service and cheaper !
Not to mention pay taxes !
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
That is great that they have bought these airplanes, but they did not need to buy these. there are Canadians that where and are willing to supply these on a charter basis. Why that would have given 3 to 5 billion in the budget available for investment in other areas. A Canadian Contractor can supply a better service and cheaper !

Sounds a lot like what Liberals have always said. But name one that could do this....
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All fine and good, having civilians do stuff. But are these civilians willing to fly where people are shooting at them? Are these civilians willing to work on planes while mortars land close by? Will these civilians be able to get insurance on planes that will be flying into fights? Who is willing to underwrite military aircraft for civilians?
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, last time I checked, we had an Armed Forces, not a Combined Independent Contractors and Mercenaries of Canada. Our Armed forces should be a self sufficient and cohesive unit. To me, leasing planes to fly our troops to different places in the world is one step away from leasing the weapons that they needs to fight with. That in turn is one step away from simply hiring mercenaries to do our dirty work for us.

At least that would have Taliban Jack happy. No more Canadian soldiers would be dying.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
All fine and good, having civilians do stuff. But are these civilians willing to fly where people are shooting at them? Are these civilians willing to work on planes while mortars land close by? Will these civilians be able to get insurance on planes that will be flying into fights? Who is willing to underwrite military aircraft for civilians?

Give me your e mail and I will send you the Boeing report on the BC-17(C-17)
These are cargo heavy lift aircraft we are talking about, Freighters with a few jump seats. As far as I know these planes are built to land on ruff runways. But still need runways. As for being attacked while carring military cargo, I would say that none of the contractors that carry out this work now are having a problem they can not deal with.
With respect to underwriting the financing, I would be looking to charter the aircraft including service and crews. The isurancer is the customer on the charter including full service and crews. Military would supply all military coverage needed. As these are cargo planes traditional coverage for anytime other then military duty.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

Sounds a lot like what Liberals have always said. But name one that could do this....

YES, IT IS ME !
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

YES, IT IS ME !

I would add 10 more aircraft plus station aircraft in British Columbia and Nova Scotia
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hirer all those working on the C-17 program who want to come !
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who think that we shouldn't have purchased these planes. Were you happy when we got 4 used submarines from the Brits that were about to hit the scrap yard.
Our Military deserves the best, not second hand or rented equiptment.
It's good to see a Canadian government on the right track when it comes to the armed forces!
mltoryblue

Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7Reputation: 7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who think that we shouldn't have purchased these planes. Were you happy when we got 4 used submarines from the Brits that were about to hit the scrap yard.
Our Military deserves the best, not second hand or rented equiptment.
It's good to see a Canadian government on the right track when it comes to the armed forces!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, the militarized A-380, that so many thought Canada should buy, still hasn't flown.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: