Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grinny wrote:
I think the Party should look for a person who joined party ranks after the merger to avoid party bickering.

Peter MacKay: Old PC leader, I don't know hoe it would fly with the old Alliance members.
Prentice: Same as MacKay old PC'er
Bernier: I'm not too sure about; he needs to prove himself in Foreign Affairs, but so far he seems pretty capable. I'm not sure what his social policies are though.
Lord: I love him; I think he's our best bet
Day: lol I love Day he's one of my favorite politicians but I think his days as leader are over
Moore: Too far left for social conservatives
John Tory: Too far left for social conservatives

Maybe there's a person we dont know about yet either

Bernier is an interesting option,
One I had not thought of.

Depending on how he does with his new portfolio I may prefer him over Lord.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:
I think the Party should look for a person who joined party ranks after the merger to avoid party bickering.

Peter MacKay: Old PC leader, I don't know hoe it would fly with the old Alliance members.
Bernier: I'm not too sure about; he needs to prove himself in Foreign Affairs, but so far he seems pretty capable. I'm not sure what his social policies are though.
Day: lol I love Day he's one of my favorite politicians but I think his days as leader are over

MACKAY
Do not under estimate Mr MacKay
He may come on strong in Defence !

Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our friend MacKay will come on strong as the minister of defence and their will be no question if he is PM material or not !
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then agian I could be wrong and he may very well fall flate on his face. Perhaps he will do nothing at all for the Trenton Works, Perhaps he is refusing to allow a new Steel Plant and Ship Yards and refuses to sell Trenton. Maybe he will do nothing for the people of Central Nova Scotia and the Strait area. Maybe he will not allow these industries the steel works, shipyards and rolling mills. May be the 5000 people that would make above average incomes don't mean anything to Mr. MacKay. Perhaps he does not like the transportation industry so he will not allow a Canadian Contractor to suppy transportation and Heavy Lift air services. Perhaps he doe not like the Idea of 10 more C-17 located in Central Nova Scotia or the 400 more high paying jobs that come with them !! May be the "Stand Up For Canada Man" doesn't have the parts to actully do something that will make a differance???

We will see real soon won't we !!!
mbennett

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:

I think that it is good for our party in the eyes of the electorate to have a candidate from English Canada as the Liberals have one from Quebec.

I think that this helps us gain support in English Canada. We would probally loose credibility in the west if we nominated someone from Quebec.
TealTories

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbennett wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:

I think that it is good for our party in the eyes of the electorate to have a candidate from English Canada as the Liberals have one from Quebec.

I think that this helps us gain support in English Canada. We would probally loose credibility in the west if we nominated someone from Quebec.

I disagree not if they have core conservative values. I think he can be from Mars and still get elected in the west. In the West policy counts!!!
Nicklan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TealTories wrote:
mbennett wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:

I disagree not if they have core conservative values. I think he can be from Mars and still get elected in the west. In the West policy counts!!!

Who ever it is that becomes the next leader of our party I would like to point to a fact wirth note. I saw somewhere in the last day or so a story about how this party was elected only with the Help Of The RCMP. And I think that I must agree that was the case, how ever what I would like to point out is the RCMP. We can ALL see what has happened to the RCMP and I think many can see what may be in order for them. As far as I know the Police and the RCMP are being paid by the governments of Canada. Too say that it can be conceved as a conflict of interest for these people to be making statements of any kind about an election or anyone running in it is an UNDERSTATEMENT !
If nothing else needs to be done for our Police and RCMP in this Country the least that we can do is have a Public Hearing into the Standards and Qualifacations for training and conduct of operations. If the only choices that these people can Make is to drawa gun and Kill we have a problem !
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbennett wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:

My theory is that Harper has a few more years left in him,
and by that time Dion will be a footnote in Liberal History.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Mulroney's success was having John Turner in charge on the other side. If Dion can hang on for a few years, he may do the same for Harper.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
mbennett wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
Grinny wrote:

My theory is that Harper has a few more years left in him,
and by that time Dion will be a footnote in Liberal History.

If Mr. Harper Stands Up for Canada and Canadians, Canadian Owned and Operated, Canadian Jobs, he may be here for a very long time. On the other hand if he does not take action, make it happen and promote that, he could be gone very soon !
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Who ever it is that becomes the next leader of our party I would like to point to a fact wirth note. I saw somewhere in the last day or so a story about how this party was elected only with the Help Of The RCMP. And I think that I must agree that was the case, how ever what I would like to point out is the RCMP. We can ALL see what has happened to the RCMP and I think many can see what may be in order for them. As far as I know the Police and the RCMP are being paid by the governments of Canada. Too say that it can be conceved as a conflict of interest for these people to be making statements of any kind about an election or anyone running in it is an UNDERSTATEMENT !
If nothing else needs to be done for our Police and RCMP in this Country the least that we can do is have a Public Hearing into the Standards and Qualifacations for training and conduct of operations. If the only choices that these people can Make is to drawa gun and Kill we have a problem !

:roll:

-Mac
cerl7011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

---

Last edited by cerl7011 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicklan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cerl7011 wrote:
Grinny wrote:

This is a problem why?

Grinny wrote:

Hmm...maybe his name has only three letters?...ahem... 8)

erl

Lets put it this way if the Police had Standards for the great crime fighters, then these people who brag about putting themselfs in harms way would be able to take care of any situation that they find themselfs in for years the RCMP never used guns neither did the NFL police or the British Police. I believe that the moto is To Serve and Protect. Not to Serve And Protect some and kill some !
plantguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bernie Lord would be a great choice. He has leadership and governing experience,is fluently bilingual (umaccented English at that) and is a non-
plantguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. hit the send button by mistake.
Bernie is a non-Quebec Francophone, so he should be more palatable to the base.All and all Ithink the guy makes a winning package.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: