Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Cannabis is worse than cigarettes Reply with quote

Quote:
A single cannabis joint could damage the lungs as much as smoking up to five tobacco cigarettes one after another, scientists in New Zealand have said.

I couldn't count the number of pot smokers who have told me that smoking cigarettes is far worse for you than pot or that pot has no negative health effects.

Quote:
The authors said: "The most important finding was that one joint of cannabis was similar to 2.5 to five tobacco cigarettes in terms of causing airflow obstruction.

They said the impact of cannabis was likely to be due to the way in which cannabis joints are smoked - joints do not usually have filters, and they reach higher temperatures with users inhaling more deeply and holding their breath for longer than cigarette smokers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/6922379.stm
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people smoke more than a "pack" of joints a day? Most people I know share a single joint with 5 or 6 people.
justice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha

Ha

Ha

Terrific ,,now its about saving us from ourselves , eh Craig? hahahaha

I don't buy it for a second ,, balderdash ,,, but it gives me plenty of in sight in to you and people like you.

I did tell about meeting a fellow at one of the anti prohibition rallies this year that with tears in his eye's he explained how he contracted hepatitis C during his 2 year jailing for a cannabis possession charge and that now he is being treated with government cannabis, he has a prescription.
Its the best treatment for him. Unfortunately its marked up by 1500% in price .
Still the best treatment.

40,000 die in cars every year

29,000 even died in hospitals last year, from hospital risks.

zero from cannabis ,,
that's 0 ,of any as well , WITH THE lung problems from cannabis or as mentioned in your link there from a site that tells you everything is bad for your lungs, read it. And then see who puts it out ,there are links.

i simply ask you this one thing then ,Craig.

Vancouver has had thousands and thousands like me here for 40 years,,,,, OK?

Where are the medical cases???????

Cannabis wasn't a hippy invention,,its been used for thousands of years(coincidentally the cancer rates have sky rocketed since it ,for racist reasons was made illegal)
I can show you articles that will give you a list of the costs to you just from the hydro transmission lines you live by or simply from the content of the average Canadians diet (which is the real problem here ) SO WHAT is also what I would say even if it were true.

You , with this much anti-interest in dealing sanely with the people who wont stop smoking it , no matter even if they are jailed shows your true nature and underlying demeanor by this type of post .
members only is another give away.

Good luck with your crusade.

Didn't you see the CBC last week donate all that free time to the DEA over that 3 year old BS cannabis and schizophrenia story,,,from some obscure British e-hem ,med person??,,,,you can get that disease from doing ,,hmmmm,,,nothing or anything !
its really a by product from the industrial age and pollutants ,Canadian women's breast milk is unfit for human consumption ,check it out !!

people who don't use cannabis get it in far bigger numbers but they spread this BS all the time.

Its political.

by the by ,what does your research show for the non-smoking cannabis user?
the vaporizing type or the eater?
I challenge you to find me a body for these as well. In fact quite the opposite.

Sad what we know and how many suffer needlessly.
Some people it seems , its just about spoiling anyone else's fun no matter what the activity.

to the crusade !
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't write the article buddy. Keep inhaling smoke into your lungs for all I care.

I find it funny how you take such offense to people who try to warn you about the damage you are doing to yourself.

Typical response from an addict....

"HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY HABIT"

"I WILL ATTACK ANY THREAT TO MY DOPE HABIT"
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice wrote:
i simply ask you this one thing then ,Craig.

Vancouver has had thousands and thousands like me here for 40 years,,,,, OK?

Where are the medical cases???????

I just presented you with medical cases and you laughed. Why would presenting you with other other medical cases make a difference? Nothing will change your mind. You are hooked.
urbanmonk

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nothing will change your mind. You are hooked.

I really don't believe people who smoke pot are "hooked" not like people who regurlary enjoy an alcholic beverage at any rate.
Ever try to tell a guy he's an alcoholic because he has a drink every night when he's unwinding after a days work? In fact he very likely is "hooked", but I guess thats different, he's not one of those low life 'pot smokers'!
It all seems very hypocritical to me!
justice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right I'm a dope addict ,,,,, I keep responding to you !!!

hahaha ,,come on you cant be the way I'm now picturing you ,are you?

i had to reread your frustration over even 2 posts to savor it

good luck Craig ,,, you do crosswalk guard volunteering as well?

I am not trying to be banned but i think you were rather rude in your emotion inspired response to me.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice wrote:
I am not trying to be banned but i think you were rather rude in your emotion inspired response to me.

You are the one who wrote a novel full of baiting statements. I couldn't care less about this issue. I simply posted an article about how harmful your drug habit is. You are the one got all defensive and I explained why it was that you got defensive. Are you so insecure that you can't take someone posting an article about your drug of choice?
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice wrote:

And yet you still write more words. I guess that means you are more frustrated :P
justice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hereby ask that i be allowed to re post this thread in its entirety to see what the general consensus is among the average citizen,,hmmmmm???????

I stand by my harmless opinion and vote we put this open.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

hahaha ,,come on you cant be the way I'm now picturing you ,are you?

good luck Craig ,,, you do crosswalk guard volunteering as well?

Do you honestly not expect a rude response to statements like this crap above?
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannabis is worse than cigarettes Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I couldn't count the number of pot smokers who have told me that smoking cigarettes is far worse for you than pot or that pot has no negative health effects.

As an ex pot smoker and dealer (9 years), I can vouch for the fact that smoking tha ganj is much worse than smoking cigs. Since Craig obviously didn't abuse this drug as much as some of his eloquent detractors have, cough cough, I will put this argument into toke speak for them. When you scrape your pipe after a good clam bake in the back of your moms SUV, you know all that lovely rosin you collect and get to smoke on a cloudy day when you can't seem to find a quarter of the dank? You know, the sticky, the stuff that you get after smoking a nice fat bud that you can stick to your forehead? Guess where that stuff ends up in addition to your pipe? In your lungs man! Yeah bro. That stuff like sits in the bottom of your lungs and rots them. Now cigs, they don't do this because of the filters. Even a filter less cig doesn't end up black with rosin at the end like a good spliff right! Then you smoke that roach all the way out till you're inhaling sparks and paper, getting every last bit of black rosin inhaled and held into your lungs. Do you inhale as deeply with cigs? No! Do you take big fat bong rips of Camels and inhale them as deeply using a good pull carb on a good glassy? No! Yeah man, like whoa! I haven't had that much of a revelation since last time I tripped on some good blotter man. Peace....
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice wrote:
i hereby ask that i be allowed to re post this thread in its entirety to see what the general consensus is among the average citizen,,hmmmmm???????

I stand by my harmless opinion and vote we put this open.

What does general consensus have to do with anything. Do you only support policies that the majority of Canadians support? I couldn't care less what most people feel. I have enough of a backbone to form my own positions. I guess that's why I was able to say no when my friends offered me some dope.

Last edited by Craig on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
justice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pssst Craig

thanks for the little bit of Internet excitement on a quiet summer night

Most will see why I responded to your little public service announcement , hahhaha
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justice wrote:
pssst Craig

thanks for the little bit of Internet excitement on a quiet summer night

Most will see why I responded to your little public service announcement , hahhaha

The "hahahaha" is childish. It's only purpose to elicit an emotional response. And then you claim that I'm rude when I do. Typical liberal argument tactics.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  

Jump to: