Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe fundamentalist Islam is a religion of peace?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Muslim Fundamentalists Continue Baking Children Reply with quote

Recently, Muslim fundamentalists have been following in the tradition of baking children started by Mohammed ibn Abu Bekre who was a contemporary of Muhammad and son of Abu Bekre, the first adult male to believe in Muhammad. With such a peaceful history I can only wonder, what's for desert? And what exactly did Nancy Pelosi talk about with her new Muslim buddies she visited in Syria a few months ago? How to best season and stuff 8 year olds?

source
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fundamentalists are all stupid.
being muslim has nothing to do with that
they are no more worthless than any other type of fundamentalism

I voted that it is not violent
I really cant understand how people could vote yes to that
extremist fundamentalists I would have voted was violent
Those people scare me
fundamentalists are just ignorant
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Muslim Fundamentalists Continue Baking Children Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
Recently, Muslim fundamentalists have been following in the tradition of baking children started by Mohammed ibn Abu Bekre who was a contemporary of Muhammad and son of Abu Bekre, the first adult male to believe in Muhammad. With such a peaceful history I can only wonder, what's for desert? And what exactly did Nancy Pelosi talk about with her new Muslim buddies she visited in Syria a few months ago? How to best season and stuff 8 year olds?

source



Link
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
fundamentalists are all stupid.
being muslim has nothing to do with that
they are no more worthless than any other type of fundamentalism

I voted that it is not violent
I really cant understand how people could vote yes to that
extremist fundamentalists I would have voted was violent
Those people scare me
fundamentalists are just ignorant

Oh yeah, right, because Gerry Falwell was known for that.

Ass hat. I know exactly who you are. You are one of the people who said piss Christ was OK, but said that religion should be respected when the Mohamed cartoons came out. I know, I know, it had nothing to do with the fact that Christians don't threaten to behead people, and Muslims do.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
FascistLibertarian wrote:
fundamentalists are all stupid.
being muslim has nothing to do with that
they are no more worthless than any other type of fundamentalism

I voted that it is not violent
I really cant understand how people could vote yes to that
extremist fundamentalists I would have voted was violent
Those people scare me
fundamentalists are just ignorant

Oh yeah, right, because Gerry Falwell was known for that.

Ass hat. I know exactly who you are. You are one of the people who said piss Christ was OK, but said that religion should be respected when the Mohamed cartoons came out. I know, I know, it had nothing to do with the fact that Christians don't threaten to behead people, and Muslims do.


Well put...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jail time for converts in America, mullahs claim

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.....slims.html
cerl7011





Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 334
Reputation: 26.6Reputation: 26.6Reputation: 26.6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to Ideas on the CBC a while ago (just for something to do...turns out there are no good TV shows on in the summer...go figure) and they were listening in on a lecture at the U of T from a guy...can't remember his name...but he lived and worked in the Mid East and has his own take on why fundimentalists are gaining so much ground...

He said that, Muslim culture, outside of the enormously rich and liberal (not the bad kind) United Arab Emerates, has little to offer the Muslim people. There are few, if any parks. There are no cinemas, no nighlife, no clubs, little western music...all they have is the Mosque. So they gather at the mosque to talk and meet people. If the mosque has a radical leader, then they're hooked.

He says that the lack of inter-gender communication, political involvement and entertainment, amoung other things, causes isolation and disorientation with the world...

Sounded intersting and made sense...I'm begining to understand that, in order to win over the Muslim world, we're going to have to offer them better things then what they've got...

But I don't know how...

erl
Dmakin44





Joined: 24 May 2007
Posts: 9
Reputation: 4.3Reputation: 4.3Reputation: 4.3Reputation: 4.3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people cannot seriously believe that just because someone is a Muslim they believe in Hate and violence. I know some practicing Muslims and i know for a fact that they do not want to destroy and kill me. You people have completely bought into what the extremist leaders are spewing. This whole conflict has nothing to do with religion it is about money and power. All these people want is the destabilization of the middle east so they can come in a set up brutal dictatorships. They use the religion as a vehicle to recruit there supporters. This has happened hundreds of times over history with hundreds of different religions, to think that the extremists leaders actually believe this stuff is ludicrous and by doing so you just make it easier for them to recruit and support there cause.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if as you say there is a vast pool of Muslims out there, that eschew violence and long for peace, then they better start speaking up. Until they do, until they pick sides, they simply don't matter.

Think of the majority of people in German in the 1930s. They just basically let things escalate, and let themselves be bullied, until one day, they were at war with the world. That is what is happening in the Muslim world today. Everywhere in the Muslim world. In Pakistan, in Toronto, in London, everywhere there are people being radicalized. What have your Muslim friends done to halt this? What are they going to do about it?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
fundamentalists are all stupid.
being muslim has nothing to do with that
they are no more worthless than any other type of fundamentalism


Really. I must have missed the article where Christian, Hindu, and Buddist fundamentalists baked children.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around the world. From Thailand to China, from Indonesia to India, from England to France, from Russia to Spain, from the USA to Israel. What is the common denominator to the terrorism experienced in all of these countries????
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so your going to attack me because truth4freedom doesnt know how to use the English language........
I really dunno what to say, I am sorry you dont understand the difference between extremists and fundamentalists.

fundamentalism
A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.
(stupid but usually not a danger)

extremists
One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics.
(danger will robinson)

Quote:
Oh yeah, right, because Gerry Falwell was known for that.

Ass hat. I know exactly who you are. You are one of the people who said piss Christ was OK, but said that religion should be respected when the Mohamed cartoons came out. I know, I know, it had nothing to do with the fact that Christians don't threaten to behead people, and Muslims do.


Yeah thats right, I am so against freedom of speech.
The Cartoons were stupid, in that they were offensive and not funny. I am not going to say they should not be allowed. I am a radical for freedom of speech axully.
I treat christians and muslisms equally, they are all people who have an idea that there is one God who looks down on us (ie they are equally not rational but I respect their view)
EQUALLY
YOU are the one who thinks that all Islamic people need to speak out about terrorism but would never say that all Christians should speak out about say homophobia (ie don muntean's stupid views on non-hetrosexuality).

You think this is all tied to religion, but its really about money, power, and politics.
Religion is an excuse.
Dont you understand that it is people that are jerks??

You can be a jerk regardles of your religion, ethnic group, sexual orientation, race, gender etc. I judge people for who they are not what they are.

Quote:
What is the common denominator to the terrorism experienced in all of these countries????

So only Islamic people are terrorists?
And these people all share the same views and goals?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fundamentalists dont bake children....
extremists do.
I may not be able to spell but at least i understand the language......
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Wow, so your going to attack me because truth4freedom doesnt know how to use the English language........
I really dunno what to say, I am sorry you dont understand the difference between extremists and fundamentalists.

fundamentalism
A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.
(stupid but usually not a danger)

extremists
One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics.
(danger will robinson)
.....


Fundamentalism and extremism are not mutually exclusive. If fundamentalism IS extreme then those who practice it are extremists. Since baking children is part of islamic doctrine then those who practice it are both extremists and fundamentalists.

Now lose the attitude in your posts. If you can't stand being challenged then perhaps internet forums aren't for you.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmakin44 wrote:
You people cannot seriously believe that just because someone is a Muslim they believe in Hate and violence.


Not all pedophiles abuse children. If pedophilia was declared to be a religion would I have to tolerate it as well?

Just because there are moderate muslims does not mean that islam = religion of peace.
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fundamentalism and extremism are not mutually exclusive. If fundamentalism IS extreme then those who practice it are extremists. Since baking children is part of islamic doctrine then those who practice it are both extremists and fundamentalists.


Clearly they are not mutually exclusive. I never stated that they are.
The problem is extremism NOT fundamentalism. Extremist who are fundamentalists are of course the worst the of bunch. Fundamentalists are ignorant but not a danger to people besides themselves and their children.

Now could you please point out where Islamic doctrine states it is okay to bake children?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Muslim Fundamentalists Continue Baking Children

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB