Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe fundamentalist Islam is a religion of peace?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not all pedophiles abuse children. If pedophilia was declared to be a religion would I have to tolerate it as well?


No because it breaks the law. Your religion can state whatever it wants, when it breaks the law thats when the state steps in.
If someone is attracted to kids and doesnt do anything about it then more power to them, you cant change how you feel but you can change what you do. Regardless of what people here think it is how you act not what you are that is important in this world.

Your comparison is flawed, Muslim terrorists are peverting Islam while people who like kids but do nothing are doing the right things.

Your point is what exactly? That you dont want to tolerate muslims?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Your point is what exactly? That you dont want to tolerate muslims?


My point is that you are being HIGHLY critical of Truth4Freedom for not understanding the english language when YOU are the one who thinks fundamentalism and extremism are mutually exclusive. There is nothing I dislike more than people who act like they know everything when clearly they don't.

Here is another example of extremists who are also fundamentalists...

http://www.canada.com/national.....842b429af8

This thread is about baking children - which is performed by MUSLIM extremisms who are also fundamentalists. You said that Christian fundamentalists are just as bad. They are not. THAT is my point.

Any other questions.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and baking children is also a crime. The comparison is valid.
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My point is that you are being HIGHLY critical of Truth4Freedom for not understanding the english language when YOU are the one who thinks fundamentalism and extremism are mutually exclusive.


never said they were mutually exclusive

Quote:
extremist fundamentalists I would have voted was violent


my first post I state that you can be both.

Quote:
This thread is about baking children - which is performed by MUSLIM extremisms who are also fundamentalists. You said that Christian fundamentalists are just as bad. They are not. THAT is my point.


So you think that Muslim extremists are worse than any other extermists. You do not think that a Christian or Jewish extremist could be as bad as a Muslim extremist. You see being Muslim as the key point. You think if a Muslim and a Christian do the same thing in the anme of religion then the Muslim is more guilty. You see the crimes they commit as part of Islam.

I do not, I feel that it is the individual person who is bad. I think that anyone can be an extremist, that religion does not matter. I think if someone bakes a kid they are messed up regardless of what religion they are. I see what they do as peverting Islam. People have peverted the Christian faith before but I dont see you slandering all of those people.

Difference of views, we finally got to it.
Now we are getting some where.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Quote:
My point is that you are being HIGHLY critical of Truth4Freedom for not understanding the english language when YOU are the one who thinks fundamentalism and extremism are mutually exclusive.


never said they were mutually exclusive

Quote:
extremist fundamentalists I would have voted was violent


my first post I state that you can be both.

Quote:
This thread is about baking children - which is performed by MUSLIM extremisms who are also fundamentalists. You said that Christian fundamentalists are just as bad. They are not. THAT is my point.


So you think that Muslim extremists are worse than any other extermists. You do not think that a Christian or Jewish extremist could be as bad as a Muslim extremist. You see being Muslim as the key point. You think if a Muslim and a Christian do the same thing in the anme of religion then the Muslim is more guilty. You see the crimes they commit as part of Islam.

I do not, I feel that it is the individual person who is bad. I think that anyone can be an extremist, that religion does not matter. I think if someone bakes a kid they are messed up regardless of what religion they are. I see what they do as peverting Islam. People have peverted the Christian faith before but I dont see you slandering all of those people.

Difference of views, we finally got to it.
Now we are getting some where.


You're out to lunch on this one - while there may be in fact be Christian and Jewish fundamentalists there is NO comparison to Islamic extremists!

Where in this world do you see Christian or Jewish "fundamentalists" preaching violence - where do you see them actually killing people - as part of their religio-political programs?

There is simply no comparison.

The fact is - too many in the Islamic community hold extremist views and these views are leading that community to - in the least - hate people of other faiths. You ought to spend some time doing some real research and - you shall see that most people espousing Islam are indeed - very intolerant.
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah no jewish extremist fundamentalists were doing anything at the gay pride march in jerusalem.
No bombs, throwing things, trying to kill people because they arent hetro, nothing like that.
No extremist jew has ever attacked unarmed muslims with an automatic weapon because they were of a different faith. :roll:

As for christians....
well I guess using your warped standards I could say "northern ireland" and condem all christians.
After all if a few people do it we can condem everyone. :roll:

Shouldnt you be out trying to convience consenting adults not to have sex with each other because there not hetro. :roll:
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremist are the problem, not the fundamentalists.
If you all hate fundamentalists so much why arent you against the mennonites?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
yeah no jewish extremist fundamentalists were doing anything at the gay pride march in jerusalem.


They don't pose a threat to me. I care about the extremists/fundamentalists who want to cut off my head.

Quote:
No extremist jew has ever attacked unarmed muslims with an automatic weapon because they were of a different faith. :roll:


There is a little thing called a war going on over there. The rolling eyes are childish.

Quote:
well I guess using your warped standards I could say "northern ireland" and condem all christians.


Christians killing Christians - I'm pretty sure the bible doesn't advocate that. Muslims killing Christians IS something advocated by the Koran.

Quote:
After all if a few people do it we can condem everyone. :roll:


Yeah, a few people....



Try a few hundred million. A recent poll in Pakistan put Osama bin Laden's popularity at 70%. Now, would you call them "fundamentalists" or "extremists"?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Extremist are the problem, not the fundamentalists.
If you all hate fundamentalists so much why arent you against the mennonites?


As soon as mennonites start beheading people I will call there interpretation of the bible cultist.


Last edited by Craig on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
Clearly they are not mutually exclusive. I never stated that they are.


Then why the hell did you mock Truth4Freedom for his use of the term "fundamentalists"??? The people involved WERE fundamentalists. And they were also extremists.

You then presented a case to distinguish the two which suggests that you didn't agree that the people involved were fundamentalists. They were. They were both extremists and fundamentalists.

His statement was accurate.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
After all if a few people do it we can condem everyone. :roll:


Hey, I found another one of the "few"...

Quote:
TORONTO — VisionTV says it will monitor one of its shows more closely after it broadcast a lecture by an Islamic preacher who said scripture requires Muslims to either fight jihad or finance it.

The multi-faith channel, available in 7.8 million Canadian homes, said it took the precaution following a complaint about last Saturday’s broadcast of a lecture by the Pakistani fundamentalist.


Do you want to write a letter to the author of this story telling him he doesn't know the difference between a "fundamentalist" and an "extremist"?

http://www.canada.com/national.....f7&k=0
Stephen





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 645
Reputation: 72.9
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I can help clarify here:

All religious extremists are religious fundamentalists, but not all religious fundamentalists are religious extremists.

Does that work?

People who have a fundamentalist interpretation of their religion ought not be the focus of our criticism unless their fundamentalists beliefs turn into extremist actions.

A fundamentalist might believe that the world was created in 7 days, however, an extremist might go out and murder a geologist who disagrees!
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
Perhaps I can help clarify here:

All religious extremists are religious fundamentalists, but not all religious fundamentalists are religious extremists.

Does that work?

People who have a fundamentalist interpretation of their religion ought not be the focus of our criticism unless their fundamentalists beliefs turn into extremist actions.

A fundamentalist might believe that the world was created in 7 days, however, an extremist might go out and murder a geologist who disagrees!


Your posting is succinct and very much to-the-point - if someone cannot understand the contrast of extremist and fundamentalist after reading this posting then they have a selective and motivated way of not seeing these clear facts.

The people who rail against the war on global Islamist terrorism usually are likely to blur the distinction of extremist and fundamentalist. They do this to assert some sort-sighted argument that fundamentalist Christians and Jews are some kind of counter-point to the islamists. There is a great deal than can be said on this issue!

Your last point makes it clear - "A fundamentalist might believe that the world was created in 7 days, however, an extremist might go out and murder a geologist who disagrees".

There is talk of a need for peace talks with Islamists but how is that ever going to happen with individuals and groups who are like you have described.

We need a miracle to transform the extremists and - short of that - the west must continue to counter the global threat - without allowing it to have to become a generational measure.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
A fundamentalist might believe that the world was created in 7 days, however, an extremist might go out and murder a geologist who disagrees!


Or another example...

A fundamentalist might agree that the Koran is wrong for suggesting that non-believers should be killed while an extremist thinks they should be killed.

By a show of hands let's see all the fundamentalists who agree with that statement....

Anyone? Anyone?

You see, a fundamentalist doesn't pick and choose which parts of the Koran to accept as fact. He accepts it all. And since the Koran explicitly states that all non-believers should be killed I think that fundamentalists themselves should be either forced to admit that the Koran is wrong or be the subject of our criticism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Muslim Fundamentalists Continue Baking Children

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB