Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Has National Newswatch gone Liberal? Reply with quote

He has about 10 negative CPC headlines this morning and not a single positive one. Bourque doesn't have a single negative CPC headline. I've noticed that National Newswatch has become more Liberal lately. Can't say I'm impressed. Might have to remove that bookmark soon.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that its a matter of National Newswatch picking out anti-CPC news articles.

As I see it NN picks out all news related to the CPC, both good and bad and it just so happens that we've had a couple of months worth of crappy press.

IMO, I want to see both positive and negative articles about the CPC; we need to know the arguments against us because like GI Joe said: Knowing is half the battle.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of news outlets in Canada that give you the negative. I don't see the harm in having a couple that focus on the positive. National Newswatch used to be one of them.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is National Newswatch, and why would I care if they went Liberal?
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Its a Canadian website that collects news articles. They don't specifically say that they're pro-conservative but they tend to be slanted that way, or at least they post articles that would be of interest to conservatives.

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

National Newswatch and Bourque are the two biggest online news aggregators.

I would think you would prefer news agencies to be conservative than Liberal but if not then okay.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never found much use for news site like Borque. All the interesting stuff makes it to blogs, or I see it at Canoe or CTV first hand. I mean really, we are doing what Borque and National Newswatch do here, only better probably. There are what, 300 members, all looking at their pet news sites and blogs, and posting anything of interest here.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
I never found much use for news site like Borque. All the interesting stuff makes it to blogs, or I see it at Canoe or CTV first hand. I mean really, we are doing what Borque and National Newswatch do here, only better probably. There are what, 300 members, all looking at their pet news sites and blogs, and posting anything of interest here.

Back when I had a blog I would look to Bourque and NNW to find things to write about. I use BT for opinions and news aggregators for more objective stories. I just noticed that NNW used to have a preference for conservative friendly stories and now his stories seem more Liberal friendly. Not a big deal I guess.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing objective anywhere, unless you stick to mathematics textbooks I guess. No way to spin 2 + 2 into anything but 4.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
There is nothing objective anywhere, unless you stick to mathematics textbooks I guess. No way to spin 2 + 2 into anything but 4.

That's why I said "more" objective - and not objective.
commonsenseguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Newswatch has definitely changed in favour of the Lib's, and at times is nothing more than a mirror image of the Toronto Daily Pravda (Toronto Star) website. I've been in denial for some time trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, however, the bias, placement and choice of articles, and general feel has gone off the rails to the left. Too bad. Bourque is now my new source of choice. Ce la vie. If you are a Conservative minded individual looking for news, Nat. Newswatch is only going to p--- you off, and if you want to be p----- off, you need only go to old lib war room warrior Warren Kinsella's partisan web blog.
yoshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the NNW has become far too liberal for me to pay attention to.
It used be the second site i would travel to in the morning.... No longer
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think it was gone liberal , but i only discovered it recently so not really sure what it was like before . but its not as bad as some of the other options out there or have as many negative cpc articles as some .
part of the problem with that site is where the articles are originating and he can only post what is out there , the articles authors in many cases are the problem . unfortuently there is alot of liberals in the media who out out alot of rediclous articles .
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think it's gone Liberal...but I still prefer it over Bourque.

The layout at Bourque is horrible and they "upgrade" they did made it even worse.

I recall when NNW first started the Liberals went nuts because the maple leave they featured in their logo was the same as the one that "being eaten" by the "C" in the CPC logo.
commonsenseguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Newswatch has become a mirror site for Toronto Daily Pravda, oops, I meant to say the Toronto Star. It's not even debatable anymore. I'll take Bourque anyday. If I want Harper bashing, I can go to about 99 per cent of the dailies with a website in Canada. It's too bad. National Newswatch had a great start, but I guess he either lost his way, or was masking his inner true lib' leanings until now though he'd be the first to deny any bias. It's time for National Newswatch to come out of the liberal closet and pull his Liberal Party card out of his pocket for all to see.[/url]

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: