Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Silly question,

What is Dr. Paul a doctor of?

He delivered babies for $3 an hour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.....cal_career

Ron Paul's political positions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.....f_Ron_Paul
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
Silly question,

What is Dr. Paul a doctor of?

He delivered babies for $3 an hour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.....cal_career

Ron Paul's political positions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.....f_Ron_Paul

Ah, a Medical Doctor.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 best citizen legislators I know of are doctors. Dr. Ron Paul and Dr. Tom Coburn. Both have delivered thousands of babies and care more for humanity and the Constitution than the vast majority of Americans.

And Wiki as a source? Are you joking....the reference that anybody can edit. Hah! :roll:

Last edited by truth4freedom on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

strong conservative wrote:
I love how the word "neo-con" is thrown around willynilly. A neo-con was originally a Reagan-Democrat, but somehow has been transferred to the Bush-Wolfowitz-Rumsfeld clan.
Constitutional government is a reality in the United States, it is not a goal. The US Constitution is the most remarkable document in the history of the world with the exception of the Bible. Believe me, I know the Constitution, I'm a lawyer with a license to practice in the United States.

I am not throwing anything around, I really meant it.

Constitutional government ended with the tyrant Abraham Lincoln and his war of northern agression. As for your being a lawyer, that generally makes one more ignorant of the Constitution than anything although I would reserve judgement on your behalf until I found out what kind of lawyer you are and which cases you have succesfully prosecuted/defended.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
The 2 best citizen legislators I know of are doctors. Dr. Ron Paul and Dr. Tom Coburn. Both have delivered thousands of babies and care more for humanity and the Constitution than the vast majority of Americans.

And Wiki as a source? Are you joking....the reference that anybody can edit. Hah! :roll:

Wiki isn't perfect but popular topics get as close to the truth as just about anything. What problem do you have with the entry on his policies?
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
strong conservative wrote:
I love how the word "neo-con" is thrown around willynilly. A neo-con was originally a Reagan-Democrat, but somehow has been transferred to the Bush-Wolfowitz-Rumsfeld clan.
Constitutional government is a reality in the United States, it is not a goal. The US Constitution is the most remarkable document in the history of the world with the exception of the Bible. Believe me, I know the Constitution, I'm a lawyer with a license to practice in the United States.

I am not throwing anything around, I really meant it.

Constitutional government ended with the tyrant Abraham Lincoln and his war of northern agression. As for your being a lawyer, that generally makes one more ignorant of the Constitution than anything although I would reserve judgement on your behalf until I found out what kind of lawyer you are and which cases you have succesfully prosecuted/defended.

I'm curious, do you think blacks and whites should ride the buses and go to schools together, with blacks being able to sit anywhere?
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Wiki isn't perfect but popular topics get as close to the truth as just about anything. What problem do you have with the entry on his policies?

I won't give Wiki a hit and even look at it. They won't allow us to use Wiki at our University, the largest provate University in the nation with over 200 campuses, for any papers...that should be enough.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
I'm curious, do you think blacks and whites should ride the buses and go to schools together, with blacks being able to sit anywhere?

You are so ignorant. The civil war was not about slavery.

"To coerce the States is one of the maddest projects that was ever devised.... Can any reasonable man be well disposed toward a government which makes war and carnage the only means of supporting itself Ė a government that can only exist by the sword? - Alexander Hamilton, during the Constitutional Convention.

"The Union, in any event, won't be dissolved. We don't want to dissolve it, and if you attempt it, we won't let you. With the purse and sword, the army and navy and treasury in our hands and at our command, you couldn't do it.... We do not want to dissolve the Union; you shall not." ~ Lincoln, in a campaign speech in Galena, Illinois, Aug. 1 1856.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the White and Black races--that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people, and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and Black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race. . . I give. . . the most solemn pledge that I will to the very last, stand by the law of the State, which forbids the marrying of white people with negroes." - Abraham Lincoln(Fourth Debate with Stephen Douglas at Charleston, Illinois on September 18, 1858, Vol. III, p. 145-146 of The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln).

"With what pretence of fairness, it is said, can you Americans object to the secession of the Southern States when your nation was founded on secession from the British Empire?" - Cornhill Magazine (London) 1861.

"I tried all in my power to avert this war. I saw it coming, for twelve years I worked night and day to prevent it, but I could not. The North was mad and blind; it would not let us govern ourselves, and so the war came, and now it must go on till the last man of this generation falls in his tracks, and his children seize the musket and fight our battle, unless you acknowledge our right to self government. We are not fighting for slavery. We are fighting for Independence, and that, or extermination."
- President Jefferson Davis

"The war is being fought for the Union, not slavery"
- President Abraham Lincoln

"If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission, and offer my sword to the other side." --- Ulysses S. Grant

"I begin to regard the death and mangling of a couple of thousand men as a small affair, a kind of morning dash."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Now my sad little friend. Back to Ron Paul.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

I won't give Wiki a hit and even look at it. They won't allow us to use Wiki at our University, the largest provate University in the nation with over 200 campuses, for any papers...that should be enough.

No, it isn't enough for me. I linked the site. If you have a problem with anything there as a Dr. Paul expert, I'd like to hear it. I'm not going to grade you on it.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:

You are so ignorant. The civil war was not about slavery.

"To coerce the States is one of the maddest projects that was ever devised.... Can any reasonable man be well disposed toward a government which makes war and carnage the only means of supporting itself Ė a government that can only exist by the sword? - Alexander Hamilton, during the Constitutional Convention.

"The Union, in any event, won't be dissolved. We don't want to dissolve it, and if you attempt it, we won't let you. With the purse and sword, the army and navy and treasury in our hands and at our command, you couldn't do it.... We do not want to dissolve the Union; you shall not." ~ Lincoln, in a campaign speech in Galena, Illinois, Aug. 1 1856.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the White and Black races--that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people, and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and Black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race. . . I give. . . the most solemn pledge that I will to the very last, stand by the law of the State, which forbids the marrying of white people with negroes." - Abraham Lincoln(Fourth Debate with Stephen Douglas at Charleston, Illinois on September 18, 1858, Vol. III, p. 145-146 of The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln).

"With what pretence of fairness, it is said, can you Americans object to the secession of the Southern States when your nation was founded on secession from the British Empire?" - Cornhill Magazine (London) 1861.

"I tried all in my power to avert this war. I saw it coming, for twelve years I worked night and day to prevent it, but I could not. The North was mad and blind; it would not let us govern ourselves, and so the war came, and now it must go on till the last man of this generation falls in his tracks, and his children seize the musket and fight our battle, unless you acknowledge our right to self government. We are not fighting for slavery. We are fighting for Independence, and that, or extermination."
- President Jefferson Davis

"The war is being fought for the Union, not slavery"
- President Abraham Lincoln

"If I thought this war was to abolish slavery, I would resign my commission, and offer my sword to the other side." --- Ulysses S. Grant

"I begin to regard the death and mangling of a couple of thousand men as a small affair, a kind of morning dash."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Now my sad little friend. Back to Ron Paul.

Admittedly Bozo, I'm a little weak on American history, but so is this guy from a quick search:

The South, which was known as the Confederate States of America,
seceded from the North, which was also known as the Union, for many
different reasons. The reason they wanted to succeed was because there
was four decades of great sectional conflict between the two. Between
the North and South there were deep economic, social, and political
differences. The South wanted to become an independent nation. There
were many reasons why the South wanted to succeed but the main reason
had to do with the North�s view on slavery. All of this was basically
a different interpretation of the United States Constitution on both
sides. In the end all of these disagreements on both sides led to the
Civil War, in which the North won.

There were a few reasons other then the slavery issue, that the
South disagreed on and that persuaded them to succeed from the Union.
Basically the North favored a loose interpretation of the United
States Constitution. They wanted to grant the federal government
increased powers. The South wanted to reserve all undefined powers to
the individual states. The North also wanted internal improvements
sponsored by the federal government. This was more roads, railroads,
and canals. The South, on the other hand, did not want these projects
to be done at all. Also the North wanted to develop a tariff. With a
high tariff, it protected the Northern manufacturer. It was bad for
the South because a high tariff would not let the south trade its
cotton for foreign goods. The North also wanted a good banking and
currency system and federal subsidies for shipping and internal
improvements. The South felt these were discriminatory and that they
favored Northern commercial interests.

Now the main reason for the South�s secession was the Slavery
issue. Basically the South wanted and needed it and the North did not
want it at all. The South was going to do anything they could to keep
it. This was the issue that overshadowed all others. At this time the
labor force in the South had about 4 million slaves. These slaves were
very valuable to the slaveholding planter class. They were a huge
investment to Southerners and if taken away, could mean massive
losses to everyone. Slaves were used in the South as helpers in the
fields in the cultivation of tobacco, rice, and indigo, as well as
many other jobs. The South especially needed more slaves at this time
because they were now growing more cotton then ever because of the
invention of the cotton gin. Cotton production with slaves jumped from
178,000 bales in 1810 to over 3,841,000 bales in 1860. Within that
time period of 50 years the number of slaves also rose from about
1,190,000 to over 4,000,000.....
http://www.cyberessays.com/History/86.htm

Oh, you didn't answer my questions either. How do you stand on the issue of segregation?
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul? the guy is a nutjob not mention someone who can overact on certain issues like Terror,Healthcare.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Oh, you didn't answer my questions either. How do you stand on the issue of segregation?

It's not a serious question that deserves a serious answer. Of course I don't approve of discrimination, slavery, or segregation of any sort. That job is for Democrats. Only racists consider race.

Quote:

FIRST NOTE: The U.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here. To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863(emancipation...); the Federal Union didnít do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment. I repeat.. by the time Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, every slave in Leeís charge had been freed. Yet some Union generals didnít free their slaves until the ratification of the 14th Amendment in 1868!

SECOND NOTE: "There were more slaveholders in the Union Army (315,000) than the Confederate Army (200,000). Statistics also show that about 300,000 blacks supported the Confederacy versus about 200,000 for the Union."
SOURCE: Mildred Lewis Rutherford's (Georgia Educator, National Orator and Grand Historian of the United Daughters of the Confederacy) book "Truths of History".

THIRD NOTE: Only six percent of Southerners owned slaves and among this six- percent were 13,000 free Blacks who owned slaves themselves.

*What father would send his son to die in order to keep his slave?

These are the lies that encouraged this group:
LIE-North fought to destroy slavery.
LIE-South fought to save slavery.
LIE-The Confederate flag is a racist symbol.
LIE-Lincoln saw the black race as an equal.

*Full Amendment HJR No.80...
http://franciscan.facebook.com.....topic=2835
Summary-North promises South they can keep their slaves(as long as they want) if they rejoin the union.
*Also, the south would have accepted this if thats what we were fighting for.

Some basic responses to dumb questions:

1.) Donít hate groups use the confederate flag?
ANSWER- They also use the American Flag.

2.) Didnít the Confederates fight for slavery?
ANSWER- No, Lincoln offered to let them keep their slaves if they stayed with the union, they refused!

3.) Wasnt the Confederate Flag designed to symbolize hate and slavery?
ANSWER- No...
"The Confederate battle flag was designed with deep religious meaning by Confederate Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard, an abolitionist! The colors represent the following: red represents the blood of Christ; the white border represents the protection of God; and the blue "X" represents the Christian cross of St. Andrew, the first disciple of Jesus. The 13 stars represent the 13 Southern states of secession.

The message of the flag is that, through the blood of Christ and with the protection of God, we the 13 states are united in our Christian fight for liberty."

~Stan Scritchfield, Augusta

source

So you are saying you disagree with both the President of the Union and the Confederacy and also the leading Union general on what the war of northern agression was about? You think you know better what is was about than the people who fought it? Are you kidding me...

Back to Ron Paul.

Last edited by truth4freedom on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
Ron Paul? the guy is a nutjob not mention someone who can overact on certain issues like Terror,Healthcare.

No Kidding...
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
Duck Tory wrote:

No Kidding...

Is that all you guys can come up with? He is more emotional in his presentation than you would like? Come on. I haven't seen one serious and substantiated challenge to his platform or leadership abilities yet.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul is not an important person and thats why no body cares to challenge him at all on any issue. He should be taken for what he is: A pathetic isolationist defeatocrat!

Time to move on!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: