Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Read this whole article:
http://www.latestpolitics.com/.....itism.html

So. Not one bit of anti-semetism there from Dr. Paul's direct quotations, only an extremely weak attempt at spinning it to that effect by taking direct quotes out of context by chopping them up and making hasty generalizations. In no part of that article did I see Dr. Paul blame Israel or our relationship with Israel directly for the 9/11 attacks. You are so desperate to smear Ron Paul it is almost pathetic. Any other baseless attacks on Dr. Paul?
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poll result from the wnd.com site who's founder moderated last nights GOP Value Voters Debate.

Who won the Values Voter 2008 Presidential Debate?

Ron Paul 48.15% (2313)

Mike Huckabee 17.44% (838)

Tom Tancredo 9.60% (461)

Alan Keyes 7.95% (382)

The debate was just a joke because the main candidates didn't participate 7.56% (363)

Duncan Hunter 4.39% (211)

None of the above: I wouldn't vote for any of them 2.94% (141)

Sam Brownback 0.85% (41)

They all scare me equally – we need a Democrat for president 0.77% (37)

John Cox 0.35% (17)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL VOTES: 4804

source

Last edited by truth4freedom on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
theatheistjew

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Bin Laden’s claims are straightforward. The U.S. defiles Islam with military bases on holy land in Saudi Arabia, its initiation of war against Iraq, with 12 years of persistent bombing, and its dollars and weapons being used against the Palestinians as the Palestinian territory shrinks and Israel’s occupation expands. There will be no peace in the world for the next 50 years or longer if we refuse to believe why those who are attacking us do it.”
-Ron Paul
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul on Bill O'Reilly. In his own words: the US got attacked because of American presence in the middle east.

http://www.thelibertypapers.or.....-ron-paul/

He also wants to pull financial aid to Israel.

He also doesn't think Iran is much of a threat.

He doesn't sound like Stephen Harper, that is for sure.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
“Bin Laden’s claims are straightforward. The U.S. defiles Islam with military bases on holy land in Saudi Arabia, its initiation of war against Iraq, with 12 years of persistent bombing, and its dollars and weapons being used against the Palestinians as the Palestinian territory shrinks and Israel’s occupation expands. There will be no peace in the world for the next 50 years or longer if we refuse to believe why those who are attacking us do it.”
-Ron Paul

Nothing on Israel there and a true statement. I believe we should build nuke plnts, go from gas to electric everything, and pull out of the Middle East letting them kill eachother.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
Ron Paul on Bill O'Reilly. In his own words: the US got attacked because of American presence in the middle east.

http://www.thelibertypapers.or.....-ron-paul/

He also wants to pull financial aid to Israel.

He also doesn't think Iran is much of a threat.

He doesn't sound like Stephen Harper, that is for sure.

Which is true. If we hadn't started meddling in their affairs, we would have not been attacked like we were.

Care to include a quote saying Ron Paul wants to pull all financial aid to Israel?

Iran is not as much of a threat as the neo cons are making it out to be.

Still nothing there sparky...
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Ron Paul Reply with quote

Ron Paul mixes things up in the debate, but he's no conservative... he's a libertarian. He doesn't believe in smaller government, but the absense of it. That's fine for some, but I'm a Reagan-conservative. I know RP supported Reagan, but I really don't think Reagan would support Ron Paul. Paul wants to go back to the days of John Adams (ie not slaying dragons around the world), but this is a different world, one that is interconnected as it has never been.

Ron Paul would be a joke in fighting Al Qaeda since he doesn't understand the root causes of terrorism. Ron Paul is the Ralph Nader of the right, let's be realistic, he's not Presidential material.
theatheistjew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
theatheistjew wrote:
-Ron Paul

Nothing on Israel there and a true statement. I believe we should build nuke plnts, go from gas to electric everything, and pull out of the Middle East letting them kill eachother.

Dude, you are OTL. One good thing about Ron Paul though is he knows evolution is fact.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

strong conservative wrote:
Ron Paul mixes things up in the debate, but he's no conservative... he's a libertarian. He doesn't believe in smaller government, but the absense of it. That's fine for some, but I'm a Reagan-conservative. I know RP supported Reagan, but I really don't think Reagan would support Ron Paul. Paul wants to go back to the days of John Adams (ie not slaying dragons around the world), but this is a different world, one that is interconnected as it has never been.

Ron Paul would be a joke in fighting Al Qaeda since he doesn't understand the root causes of terrorism. Ron Paul is the Ralph Nader of the right, let's be realistic, he's not Presidential material.

Of course he understands it. And he is a Constitutionalist, not a libertarian. He ran as a libertarian like he is running as GOP because the Constitution Party has not come into their own yet. But they will. Bush is the one who doesn't going over and fighting like hell in the Middle East while leaving our back door wide open and our economy in shambles. Ron Paul understands you must secure your nation from the inside out, not play smoke and mirrors games with deadly serious people. Ron Paul does not believe in the absence of government, he is not an anarchist. He believes in Constitutional government, the one that the GOP has abandoned. He believes in the Congress declaring war, not this half baked nonsense that is going on right now. Ron Paul would most certainly attack if attacked, but in a Constitutional manner, not the circumvention of justice that has occurred. Why do you neo cons insist on using the same deceiving and manipulative tactics the lib scum do? Why are you so opposed to Constitutional government? The class of '94 screwed up and the GOP has lost all grounding since then. We need to go back to the basics, to Constitutional government or we are done for. Ron Paul is the only candidate that can save this country. The others will either slow or hasten its demise, but not put us on a realistic and workable path to recovering our greatness as a Republic.
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theatheistjew wrote:
One good thing about Ron Paul though is he knows evolution is fact.

What? Care to provide a quote. So weak.... :roll: Even if he does that has nothing to do with my vision of a Constitutional President. I don't have to agree with everything he stands for, just the majors...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

He is a pathetic defeatist for one thing. He loses it and becomes badly emotional whenever any one confronts him.

Thanks heaven he is not going to be any body! :D
truth4freedom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
He is a pathetic defeatist for one thing. He loses it and becomes badly emotional whenever any one confronts him.

Thanks heaven he is not going to be any body! :D

As opposed to a GOP neo con or Dhimmicrat talking head that pukes out a canned answer which means nothing but sounds great in the delivery. Yes he is emotional about where this country is going and so am I. If someone is not I really begin to wonder about their grip on reality. You can't keep portraying realistic observations on the war by people as being defearist when they make perfect sense. Or if you do you look quite foolish. We can't keep up the 'surge' forever, so what would your grand neo con plan be? I haven't heard one yet from the neo cons or lib scum.

Another personal attack because you have nothing of value to refute his platform with. What has this world come to when you can't have an intelligent debate?
strong conservative

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:

Of course he understands it. And he is a Constitutionalist, not a libertarian. He ran as a libertarian like he is running as GOP because the Constitution Party has not come into their own yet. But they will. Bush is the one who doesn't going over and fighting like hell in the Middle East while leaving our back door wide open and our economy in shambles. Ron Paul understands you must secure your nation from the inside out, not play smoke and mirrors games with deadly serious people. Ron Paul does not believe in the absence of government, he is not an anarchist. He believes in Constitutional government, the one that the GOP has abandoned. He believes in the Congress declaring war, not this half baked nonsense that is going on right now. Ron Paul would most certainly attack if attacked, but in a Constitutional manner, not the circumvention of justice that has occurred. Why do you neo cons insist on using the same deceiving and manipulative tactics the lib scum do? Why are you so opposed to Constitutional government? The class of '94 screwed up and the GOP has lost all grounding since then. We need to go back to the basics, to Constitutional government or we are done for. Ron Paul is the only candidate that can save this country. The others will either slow or hasten its demise, but not put us on a realistic and workable path to recovering our greatness as a Republic.

I love how the word "neo-con" is thrown around willynilly. A neo-con was originally a Reagan-Democrat, but somehow has been transferred to the Bush-Wolfowitz-Rumsfeld clan.
Constitutional government is a reality in the United States, it is not a goal. The US Constitution is the most remarkable document in the history of the world with the exception of the Bible. Believe me, I know the Constitution, I'm a lawyer with a license to practice in the United States.
strong conservative

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonSkald wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:
JasonSkald wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
Ron Paul is the man! He is exactly what the US needs to return us to Constitutional government. There are plenty of other Senators that wish to abolish the un Constitutional IRS, but Ron Paul goes a lot further than that. If we do not get someone like Ron Paul in the White House and as a majority in Congress, the US will cease to exist as a democracy within several short decades.

He's completely clueless about major world issues any how!

Why do you say that? I find his foreign policy views refreshingly different from all the other presidential candidates.

I hope to god he wins - if the US national debt continues to grow, the American economy will slump, and take Canada down with us.

Yeah. a clueless guy who believes the jihadists hate US and the west becuz we bombed them... Idiot!

Btw, US national debt is decreasing. Read newspapers!

Are you trying to argue that getting bombed is not a reason to hate someone? So if my theoretical country bombed your house tomorrow, you wouldn't seek revenge?

And regarding the US national debt... I don't know where you get your information from...

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

The national debt is still growing steadily towards 9 trillion... debt MAY be shrinking as a percentage of GDP but I doubt that, as US deficits are still growing.

No you're wrong, the debt is increasing but the deficit is decreasing dramatically because of increased tax revenues which are a result of the Bush tax cuts.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question,

What is Dr. Paul a doctor of?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: