Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Tim K wrote:
Quote:
Iranian regime has invited this lying s...ag to Tehran for a film festival (read propaganda campaign)


Do you have something against basic universal health care for average Americans?


I don't think that is his point. He is being used as a puppet by someone who is not only a holocaust denier but someone who wants to, and has the means to, create its sequal.


Craig makes a lucid and valid point here!
Tim K





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 40
Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You seem not to know much about how things work in Iran. If the government doesn't approve that film festival, it will never happen. Every thing in Iran must be approved by the Islamic regime. And every cultural stuff must go through the "Islamic Guidance Ministry" and be scrutinized by that body of the government.

Don't be so naive!


http://blogs.usatoday.com/onde.....ted-t.html

Well there you go. He's not going after all.

And yeah, It's pretty obvious that MM's film wouldn't be censored there.

However, for it to be suggested that this festival is not legitimate because it faces harsh scrutiny from the Islamic Guidance Ministry oversimplifies things. Banned films in Iran generally increase in value and intrigue among the Iranian population. I would suggest doing some research on the Iranian film community. It's actually quite sophisticated. It's not just *simply* a tool of the state. As well Western - that is Hollywood films are screened there regularly.

The argument I was responding to implied that Amadinejad was going make MM a personal guest for some Iranian Premiere of the film, that MM would be a puppet for some propaganda campaign. I disagree.

I don't see anything wrong with Iranians seeing horror stories from the American health care system paired beside success stories from British and French health systems. How could Amadinejad use that as propaganda anyway? - I mean the Iranian Admin doesn't exactly love the UK now does it? The film is practically a love letter to Britain and France.

If anything the film might make Iranians think a little bit about their own health care system. How would the clerics feel about that?
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch it, i always watch his filth... but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

If he takes a middle ground two-tier approach, i'll be impressed.

Of course, when you're taking veterans to socialist cuba.... im not sure how middle ground you can go.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped giving that guy money after I saw that Columbine movie. I won't pay him another dime.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim K wrote:
Quote:
You seem not to know much about how things work in Iran. If the government doesn't approve that film festival, it will never happen. Every thing in Iran must be approved by the Islamic regime. And every cultural stuff must go through the "Islamic Guidance Ministry" and be scrutinized by that body of the government.

Don't be so naive!


http://blogs.usatoday.com/onde.....ted-t.html

Well there you go. He's not going after all.

And yeah, It's pretty obvious that MM's film wouldn't be censored there.

However, for it to be suggested that this festival is not legitimate because it faces harsh scrutiny from the Islamic Guidance Ministry oversimplifies things. Banned films in Iran generally increase in value and intrigue among the Iranian population. I would suggest doing some research on the Iranian film community. It's actually quite sophisticated. It's not just *simply* a tool of the state. As well Western - that is Hollywood films are screened there regularly.

The argument I was responding to implied that Amadinejad was going make MM a personal guest for some Iranian Premiere of the film, that MM would be a puppet for some propaganda campaign. I disagree.

I don't see anything wrong with Iranians seeing horror stories from the American health care system paired beside success stories from British and French health systems. How could Amadinejad use that as propaganda anyway? - I mean the Iranian Admin doesn't exactly love the UK now does it? The film is practically a love letter to Britain and France.

If anything the film might make Iranians think a little bit about their own health care system. How would the clerics feel about that?


Dude, I am an Iranian expat living in Canada.

Actually Iranian health care is far better than the Canadian health care. No waiting list, no lack of doctors, no expensive medecine. It's somehow similar to the Americans'
Tim K





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 40
Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dude, I am an Iranian expat living in Canada.

Actually Iranian health care is far better than the Canadian health care.


That's cool, however I didn't actually share an opinion on the state of Iran's health care so I'm not sure why you're making it sound like I think Canadian health care is better.

Nor did I state an opinion on Canada's health care other than that I am in favour of seeing Canada explore a two tier system.

Quote:
No waiting list, no lack of doctors, no expensive medecine. It's somehow similar to the Americans'


Actually, Moore's major arguments are based on the *lack of affordability* of private health care and the stingyness of Health Insurance. Also, he does actually show how much cheaper medicine is in England as well as Cuba.

In any case, Iranians should have as much right to see this film as anyone else and the administration of Iran would have nothing to gain from trying to use this film as a propraganda tool since it makes England look extremely appealing.
Tim K





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 40
Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3Reputation: 28.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think he's a lying moron and I am not an American to speak about that issue but am very sure Americans don't want our obsolete health care system where you have to wait hours after hours in ER to see a doctor, if not an intern. (it's happened to me, so i can say that)...

Moreover, smart nations don't spend their money on impossible stuff!


Most Western nations have a basic universal system with some form of private care available. Canada and the US are anomalies in that Canada has only universal while the US has only private. I don't see why a mix of the two isn't better for both countries.

As well, I'm sure many sick people would rather wait hours than not be admitted at all.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim K wrote:
Quote:
Dude, I am an Iranian expat living in Canada.

Actually Iranian health care is far better than the Canadian health care.


That's cool, however I didn't actually share an opinion on the state of Iran's health care so I'm not sure why you're making it sound like I think Canadian health care is better.

Nor did I state an opinion on Canada's health care other than that I am in favour of seeing Canada explore a two tier system.

Quote:
No waiting list, no lack of doctors, no expensive medecine. It's somehow similar to the Americans'


Actually, Moore's major arguments are based on the *lack of affordability* of private health care and the stingyness of Health Insurance. Also, he does actually show how much cheaper medicine is in England as well as Cuba.

In any case, Iranians should have as much right to see this film as anyone else and the administration of Iran would have nothing to gain from trying to use this film as a propraganda tool since it makes England look extremely appealing.


I agree to a certain point. But Mullahs have something called CENSORSHIP and they make changes to the movies you can't believe. They change the story of the movies through censorship and dubbing. And as long as it is anti-America, Mullahs are glad to show it to people. Just like they showed all MM's movies in Iranian theaters where other hollywood movies can not be shown.
mrsocko





Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2463
Reputation: 131.2
votes: 8
Location: Southwestern Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see why a mix of the two isn't better for both countries.


Any Canadian politition who said that would have the three pinko parties frothing at the mouth and calling him a neo-con.

We will have such a system in time. Harper will sit idle while the provinces whittle away at universality. You can't win an argument on health care in this country unless your a socialist.
KPK





Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6
votes: 13
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie wrote:
I'll watch it, i always watch his filth....


SUCKER!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Michael Moore's New Film SiCKO

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB