Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerl7011

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: More Conservative Media Reply with quote

What can we do to get more conservative media starting up here...what we need are conservative radio stations, newspapers, magazines, television services...to get the message across...

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?...

erl
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is impossible, since you need CRTC approval. Look at the treatment FOX News got, and you can imagine what would happen to a Canadian startup.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even jumping through all the bureaucratic hoops, it would be nigh impossible for such a network to establish either an audience or any credibility. FOX News has been struggling with a credibility problem since its inception, despite coverage of equal or better quality than its competitors. It would be worse in Canada, I'd wager.

The only way for it to happen would be for a conservative to take ownership of an already existing network, I think.
Riley W

Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5Reputation: 35.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice if we could get Canwest Global to go Conservative.

They have the highest rated national news show in the country (Global National) and a ton of newspapers across the country.

Only really conservative Canadian media I have ran into is CJOB 68 in Winnipeg...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get right wing media in a communist country!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westmanguy wrote:
Be nice if we could get Canwest Global to go Conservative.

They have the highest rated national news show in the country (Global National) and a ton of newspapers across the country.

Only really conservative Canadian media I have ran into is CJOB 68 in Winnipeg...

The National Post, which is owned by CanWest, is conservative. Unfortunately their television stations are not. Asper, the owner of CanWest recently switched over to the Conservatives after being a life long Liberal. Perhaps we will slowly see a shift in their television bias too - hopefully.
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think we would be any better to have bias on our side. I think it would just be nice to have a Canadian media outlet is not biased towards the Liberals, and gives our side a fair shot.
Dmakin44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has only been one person with the Balls to take on the liberal media in this country and unfortunately as of Friday he is a convicted criminal. I know hes old but maybe somehow he will make and comeback and save us from our liberal dominated media.
Riley W

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Black? :?

Yikes, no thanks, don't want a convicted criminal taking on the liberal media!

We so badly need Rupert Murdoch or Roger Ailes.....
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Even jumping through all the bureaucratic hoops, it would be nigh impossible for such a network to establish either an audience or any credibility. FOX News has been struggling with a credibility problem since its inception, despite coverage of equal or better quality than its competitors. It would be worse in Canada, I'd wager.

The only way for it to happen would be for a conservative to take ownership of an already existing network, I think.

Actually, it is CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS that have the credibility problems. Fox has been gaining viewers while all the other news programs have been losing them. The only people who don't think Fox news is credible are Micheal Moore, Cindy Sheehan, and various other lefties.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, but what I meant was credibility within the media 'community'. FoxNews has been around for years now, yet is still regularily the target of cheap shots and snide comments in the rest of the legacy media. Now other network or newspaper recieves this kind of enmity. While that might not matter to you or I, there's still a large segment of the general population who forms their opinions based off things like that.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your rivals are ignoring you, they feel comfortable. When your rivals are taking direct shots at you, you are most likely in the lead. CNN is feeling the heat, and the best they can come up with is cheap shots. Let them continue to lose viewers, number of customers is the only measure of credibility that counts.
Riley W

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think creating a conservative media outlet would bomb in Canada.

We need to squeeze into an already established news media outlet.

That won`t be the CBC or CTV.

But I see as possible with Canwest Global.

That would be huge too.

To be able to have conservative leanings in the highest rated newscast in Canada (Global National with Kevin Newman) and the Canwest newspaper empire (they have newspapers all over), would be great.
canden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: More Conservative Media!. Reply with quote

:arrow: Write letters to the editors at newspapers, call radio talk shows, write letters to politicians and public school authority's, give conservative books to others.!! / Support and buy The National Post newspaper, Weekly Telegraph newspaper plus the Western Standard magazine also the Toronto Sun and Calgary Sun newspapers- leave them around at coffee shops too. Checkout Websites such as: nypost.com, familyaction.org, conservative.ca. / Request conservative books and conservative newspapers at public library's.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Michael Coren would make a great Canadian version of Bill O'Reilly. I wish Global would think of that and give him a try in a semi-prime time slot.

Jump to: