Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Hamas versus Fatah Reply with quote

Any thoughts on this conflict? It sounds like the international community is staying with Abbas but Hamas controls the streets. Will this lead to Abbas being a leader in exile until one of the assassination attempts succeeds?

-Mac
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslims fighting? I don't believe it. It is the religion of peace.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you got me... Now, I have to go wash up as I was sipping coffee when I laughed... :lol:

-Mac
SDC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that they can't BOTH lose; they'll keep swapping one tyrant for another as long as the religous wackos are in control behind the scenes.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamas v.s. Fatah
so ok why not
Hamas v.s. Taliban v.s. North Korea v.s. China v.s. Fatah v.s. Al Quida(sp) v.s. Cuba v.s. Russia v.s. France

Winner gets to have their cities nuked :wink:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are evil!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both sides are well armed. Both sides want to fight. Both sides have fostered a culture of hatred and death for several decades now. I say let them wallow in it. They are the authors of their own misery.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is backing Fatah militarily though? I know Fatah has the support of most of the international community but who is arming them. Hamas has the backing of Iran and Syria.
Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatah used to be supplied by Russia and, to a lesser extent, China.

Fatah is a coalition of militias and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those groups are being funded and supplied directly by Arab nations in the area. They've got roots in Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Iraq and other countries.

-Mac
cerl7011

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...as long as Fatah says it's willing to work with Israel and actually says that it might want peace, then we should support them...cuz' as of now, it looks like they are the closest to doing that...I actually wrote a bit on my blog about it...we should support the one that wants peace hands down.

erl
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatah is secular as well. They just do not have the support from the people on the street or the fighters.
Gardenia

Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Fatah used to be supplied by Russia and, to a lesser extent, China.

Fatah is a coalition of militias and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those groups are being funded and supplied directly by Arab nations in the area. They've got roots in Tunisia, Yemen, Algeria, Iraq and other countries.

-Mac

Hamas is radical Islamist and aims to set up an Islamic state, they probably are being funded by Syria as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Fatah starts with the insurgency and bombing Iraqi style.

Wouldn't it be best if the west stays out of it, and only steps in if they attack Israel?
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we should just let the moderate radicals in Fatah kill the extreme radicals in Hamas, and vice versa. Neither group wants peace, neither group has ever bargained in good faith. The more miserable their lives get, the more likely they are to wake up one day and decide to change things. That is the moment we have to wait for. Until then, they will talk about peace, and both sides will continue to lob rockets at Israel and say that they are honoring the current cease fire. For Palestinians, cease fires are always seem to be surprisingly one sided.
Gardenia

Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9Reputation: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be nice if they just killed each other, but I'm betting they'll (Hamas) will consolidate their hold totally then start in on Israel. I'm not sure if Fatah can stand up to Hamas, they are in trouble now.

I wonder how long before they throw Abbas off a rooftop?
Stephen

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redhatmamma wrote:
Well, it would be nice if they just killed each other, but I'm betting they'll (Hamas) will consolidate their hold totally then start in on Israel. I'm not sure if Fatah can stand up to Hamas, they are in trouble now.

I wonder how long before they throw Abbas off a rooftop?

The problem with letting them 'kill each other' is that a lot of innocents get killed in the process.

Fatah is the relatively secular alternative that at least has a desire to work with Israel. Hamas has called for Israel's destruction. I'm certain that Israel and the US have been supplying Fatah with means to maintain order and security (ie. arms) and of course, this has to be kept relatively quiet so that the Palestinian 'street' doesn't turn again the Western-favoured Fatah in Palestine.

Similarly, Egypt's secular but dictatorial government has been generally pro-Fatah (if I remember correctly) but the Muslim Brotherhood opposition movement in Egypt has favoured Hamas.

Fatah is the preferred partner of Israel and the US while Hamas is the favoured partner of Syria and Iran.

I'm still sorting this out so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: