Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Australian pub bars heterosexuals Reply with quote

Quote:
The pub's management said the move would stop groups of heterosexual men and women abusing gay people.

Civil liberties groups have supported the decision.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asi.....697469.stm

Pretty soon 10% of your workforce will have to be gay in order to meet quotas :roll:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do they know your not gay. What kind of test do they give you. I wouldn't want to take it.

Not that there anything wrong with it.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like discrimination to me. I thought the Aussies wouldn't put up with PC nonsense like this. Too bad.

-Mac
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if they don't want money, from the majority of the population, I guess that is just their business plan. It is discrimination, no two ways about it. It has been like this for a while. If I wanted to have a heterosexual men's club in Australia, that excluded homosexuals, I think now would be the time to buy the building next door. If I was a bit of an activist I guess.
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seems as I always thought, the Aussies are just as dumb and stupid as the rest of us.
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the point about hen nights (which are kinda scarcy if you guys have ever seen one in UK or Aus) but I think they could deal with it on a case by case bases.
It is unenforcable and unnessacary, besides being stupid.
Im sure a hetro only bar would go over real well. :roll:
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Australian pub bars heterosexuals Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Pretty soon 10% of your workforce will have to be gay in order to meet quotas :roll:

They are sure trying. We are seeing a dramatic dip in minorities taking upper management positions in the US even though 'diversity' is being shoved down the throat of every university student. There is a huge amount of bigotry shown in demanding 'special rights' for 'special people' because they cannot make it on their own. Try offering a white heterosexual Christian male scholarship at a public university and see how diverse and accepting a reaction you get!
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:
How do they know your not gay. What kind of test do they give you. I wouldn't want to take it.

LMAO <---- no pun intended
SDC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsocko wrote:

Probably one of those "blow in here" BAC machines, artfully disguised, that you have to score a certain number on before they let you in.
Ruth

Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5Reputation: 8.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, we have this story from Montreal:

MONTREAL -- A woman is pressing a human rights complaint against a Montreal gay bar that refused to serve her.
Audrey Vachon says she was stunned when she was refused service at the bar, Le Stud, in the city's gay village district because she's a woman. Vachon, 20, and her father Gilles Vachon dropped by the bar on a quiet afternoon to kill some time.
Audrey Vachon says a waiter came over and told her father that the bar doesn't serve women.
Vachon says she was humiliated, adding she would be the first to complain if homosexuals were refused service at a business.

I have to agree with Vachon on this one. You can't have it both ways.

--Ruth
PS: I just have to add that "Le Stud" is a stupid name for a bar. So stereotypical...
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It warms my heart to hear stories of the white heterosexual suppression machine being turned against against its makers. Maybe they could get some hate crime charges filed against the bar too? ROLFLMAO!

Probably, they will us that line of logic I have heard about, that it is impossible for minorities to be discriminatory, and the case will be dismissed. They are actually teaching that one at my old alma mater, if you can believe it. Only white heterosexual Christian people can be racist, didn't you know?
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it is impossible for minorities to be discriminatory

Such bs eh :(
some of the stuff I have heard blacks saw about Jews or gays say about bisexuals I would get murdered if I said :P

I honestly think the majority of non-hetrosexual people would be against both of these events.
winchry

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could talk rights all day, but the fact is this is one persons resturant and they have made a choice... why challenge it? Especially if he is claiming its in the interest of gay people? THe gays have gay bars so why not now have straight bars? Makes sense to me.
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is people should have equal rights. I am opposed to any bar that bans people based on race/gender/sexual orientation/ethnic grouping.
Would you be in favour of someone having a white hetro males only bar?
What about a club that only allowed hetros?
If you want to have a bar for say scots thats fine but I disagree that you should be able to ban say Indians.
If a hetro person wants to go to a gay bar thats great.
If a group of hetro people are causing a problem or a distrubance then they should be asked to leave.

Although there are many old boys clubs still around.
Anyone remmeber the stink up about the rosedale golfclub in Toronto not letting in jews in the 1990's?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, those bigoted, hater homosexuals started this, don't go smearing us progressive, caring heteros. I would never refuse to serve a woman a drink.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: