Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
I never CLAIMED that it's 100% genetic

Yes you did. You said it was no different than having red hair - which IS 100% genetic.

Quote:
but I KNOW it's not the clear-cut "choice" you make it out to be

I've said repeatedly that it is a combination of genetics and choice. You are the one who insists that choice has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Craig on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
I'm not a "god-hater" (it doesn't make any sense to hate something that doesn't exist), but I have an enduring hope that people look to logic to solve problems, instead of myths and fairy-tales.

Can you prove that God doesn't exist?

Last edited by Craig on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
Feel free to believe in whichever imaginary GAAWWD you want to, t4f, but there's no more reason for me to believe in your superstition than there is for me to believe in any OTHER superstition. Your babble is no different than that spouted by any other religous fruitcake of any stripe, and it has nothing more behind it than THEY do, ie. "my magic book is true because my magic book says my magic book is true". Your magic book in particular contradicts itself so many times in so many ways that if it told me the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside to check for myself.

Smarter men than yourself beg to differ!
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never said that waiting until marriage should not be an option. Clearly not having sex is the only way to be safe from STD's. At the same time it is 100% unrealistic to think that this option will work for everyone. Therefore it makes sense to have other options ready.
Birth control should be a right in this country. Cost of treating AIDS = +500,000 $ on average. Cost of a condom = well under a dollar.
I am not saying that we should force people to get vaccine's and immunizations for everything, but if they refuse to get a hep vaccine and then get hep why shoudl we pay?

You seem to have this idea that no one should be able to tell you what you can and cant put into your body and that your tax dollars should not be speant on anything that you do not agree with.

Craig and SDC finally are in agreement, it is a combination of environment and genetics.
YEAH!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Jump to: