Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FascistLibertarian





Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Posts: 1092
Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1Reputation: 30.1
votes: 14
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if health canada didnt have to pay for the people who got sick it might not matter. But you seem to think it would be a better way to spend your money to treat thousands of cases of cervical cancer and AIDS when people get them rather than spend money to prevent it.
Our healthcare needs to get a lot more authoritarian and fascist or it wont survive.
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why is it too expensive to not hand out condoms and vaccinations, but it is out of the question to tell people to abstain, which would cost zero? I do not understand you position at all. If it is about just cost, tell people to abstain. If you want people to take responsibility for their own lives and persons, then let them. If you want to live in a free society, people have to be free to do wrong and make mistakes.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
You're certainly free to have an opinion, but at least try to make sure you're opinion is based on something more than the discredited, contradictory myths and fables that compose religon


I provided numerous quotes from GAY MAGAZINES above. YOU are the one who isn't backing up your argument.

Quote:
If it doesn't affect you, you've got no REASON to complain (other than being a self-righteous busybody).


I'll make that decision myself thank you very much. BTW: I'm not complaining. I'm debating. YOU are the one complaining about my debating.

Quote:
I've asked you several times in this thread for explanations as to how and why the vast majority of homosexuals are the way they are FROM AN AGE AT WHICH THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE MADE A "CHOICE", and you refuse to answer.


Actually I provided a dozen quotes from a variety of sources.

Quote:
Then you should be able to back up your argument with something better than "it's wrong because GAAWWWWDD told me so" from a bible thumper site that believes gays should be castrated or stoned to death.


Check the sources again buddy. MOST of them were from gay friendly sites. You are flat wrong on this issue and you simply can't accept it.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
SDC wrote:
Put down your magic sky-god book for a while.


What's that book - the Bible? You're obviously 'godless' - it never fails to amaze me when atheistic people make such non-sense comments...


No kidding. It's just fine for him to be a god-hater but if anyone so much as suggests that homosexuality is wrong...
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
Don, if someone wants me to believe something, all they have to do is present a theory backed up by verifiable evidence; by that standard, both your "my teeth are spying on me" and T4F's "my magic book is true because my magic book SAYS my magic book is true" nonsense fall far short of the mark.


You can't provide verifiable evidence that homosexuality is 100% genetic but you don't have a problem believing that.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Feel free to get all the vaccinations you wish. Do not dictate to me what vaccinations I should have. Here we have a so called pro-choice person, arguing against my right to control my own body. Oh the irony.


I don't think he is suggesting that the vaccination be forced on you. Only that it be made available free of charge since it will save you money down the road.
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:
What is that thing they want to immunize girls for, that virus that increases the risk of cervical cancer. the papiloma virus or something?


Better watch out, "truth4freedom" is doubtless against THAT too; the last I heard, the bible-thumpers were suing school boards to prevent them from offering this vaccination. Apparently, it's more "pure" to die from cancer, than it is to prevent that cancer in the first place.


The last I heard the Texas state Senate bitch slapped their governor for trying to force such a thing upon the people of that great state. That Senate is made up of far more than 'Bible thumper's'. The same has occurred in every area this stupid idea has popped up. It's easy to prevent it. Keep it in your pants! Your intolerance is showing through your thinly veiled hatred of Christians there buddy...
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
SDC wrote:
You're certainly free to have an opinion, but at least try to make sure you're opinion is based on something more than the discredited, contradictory myths and fables that compose religon


I provided numerous quotes from GAY MAGAZINES above. YOU are the one who isn't backing up your argument.


Which "gay magazines" are those? Science? Technology Review? Time? One of the quotes (Levay) is from a researcher who REFUTES your "it's a choice" argument, because he's found specific differences in morphology and brain chemistry between straights and gays.

Craig wrote:
Quote:
If it doesn't affect you, you've got no REASON to complain (other than being a self-righteous busybody).


I'll make that decision myself thank you very much. BTW: I'm not complaining. I'm debating. YOU are the one complaining about my debating.


Au contraire; you started this thread complaining that "Pretty soon 10% of your workforce will have to be gay in order to meet quotas". Quotas are a bad joke, and if someone wants to set up a private club, they're perfectly free to admit whomever they want to, but you moved beyond that to claiming that "being homosexual is a choice", which is ludicrous.

Craig wrote:
Quote:
I've asked you several times in this thread for explanations as to how and why the vast majority of homosexuals are the way they are FROM AN AGE AT WHICH THEY COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE MADE A "CHOICE", and you refuse to answer.


Actually I provided a dozen quotes from a variety of sources.


Actually, you have selectively clipped seven quotes from book reviews, when some of those very books REFUTE your position, and the evidence they cover shows (at the least) a strong genetic component to why gays are gay.

Craig wrote:
Quote:
Then you should be able to back up your argument with something better than "it's wrong because GAAWWWWDD told me so" from a bible thumper site that believes gays should be castrated or stoned to death.


Check the sources again buddy. MOST of them were from gay friendly sites. You are flat wrong on this issue and you simply can't accept it.


Which "gay friendly" sites were those again? If I'm "flat wrong" on this issue, why is it that many of the books and papers that you yourself quoted agree that there is a strong genetic component to "gayness"?
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
don muntean wrote:
SDC wrote:
Put down your magic sky-god book for a while.


What's that book - the Bible? You're obviously 'godless' - it never fails to amaze me when atheistic people make such non-sense comments...


No kidding. It's just fine for him to be a god-hater but if anyone so much as suggests that homosexuality is wrong...


I'm not a "god-hater" (it doesn't make any sense to hate something that doesn't exist), but I have an enduring hope that people look to logic to solve problems, instead of myths and fairy-tales.
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
SDC wrote:
Don, if someone wants me to believe something, all they have to do is present a theory backed up by verifiable evidence; by that standard, both your "my teeth are spying on me" and T4F's "my magic book is true because my magic book SAYS my magic book is true" nonsense fall far short of the mark.


You can't provide verifiable evidence that homosexuality is 100% genetic but you don't have a problem believing that.


I never CLAIMED that it's 100% genetic, but I KNOW it's not the clear-cut "choice" you make it out to be; based on the preponderance of the evidence, I have to believe that gays feel an attraction towards their own sex that is every bit as strong and every bit as beyond their control as YOUR or MY attraction to women.
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
SDC wrote:
kwlafayette wrote:
What is that thing they want to immunize girls for, that virus that increases the risk of cervical cancer. the papiloma virus or something?


Better watch out, "truth4freedom" is doubtless against THAT too; the last I heard, the bible-thumpers were suing school boards to prevent them from offering this vaccination. Apparently, it's more "pure" to die from cancer, than it is to prevent that cancer in the first place.


The last I heard the Texas state Senate bitch slapped their governor for trying to force such a thing upon the people of that great state. That Senate is made up of far more than 'Bible thumper's'. The same has occurred in every area this stupid idea has popped up. It's easy to prevent it. Keep it in your pants! Your intolerance is showing through your thinly veiled hatred of Christians there buddy...


In other words, you'd be glad to see a member of your family die a slow, hideous death from cancer, rather than see them have a painless injection that would prevent that; remind me again how christianity is so much better than all of those thousands of other ignorant, backwards superstitions?
kwlafayette





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 6155
Reputation: 156.2Reputation: 156.2
votes: 28
Location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is so wrong with asking the people who want to sleep around to pay for their own condoms? Your big government, government must be involved in every solution, spend taxpayer money to provide "free" services is starting to get to me.

Red Tories (Liberals) are starting to sicken me. Just one time, I would like to see these big government types fronting their own money instead of taxpayer money for their "worthy" causes. If the cause is so "worthy", pay for it your damn self. If it needs to be done, do it yourself, ask for donations. If you raise enough money, then the cause is indeed worthy. If you cannot, your cause sucks and you should shut up about it.
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in agreement with that, kwlafayette, provided that anyone who "opted out" of a cure such as the HPV vaccination would have to be wholly responsible for any future incidence of said disease; it makes no sense to me that you or I should have to pay the medical bills for someone who had a cure available and CHOSE not to use it, or CHOSE to do or not do something despite knowing that it would have future repercussions.
truth4freedom





Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 23.7Reputation: 23.7
votes: 3
Location: Bible Belt USA!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDC wrote:
I'd be in agreement with that, kwlafayette, provided that anyone who "opted out" of a cure such as the HPV vaccination would have to be wholly responsible for any future incidence of said disease; it makes no sense to me that you or I should have to pay the medical bills for someone who had a cure available and CHOSE not to use it, or CHOSE to do or not do something despite knowing that it would have future repercussions.


And that cure is abstinence until marriage, then fidelity until death. No matter how many ways you try and justify breaking God's law, you will always have to face the consequences. You just summed up the argument several here have been using to refute your baseless claims. You would rather let the government or maybe Darwin tell you what to think, do, feel, say, etc, then use the brain God gave you. There is more logic involved with God than you can ever find in an eternity of searching. Hate it if you want, but the truth still remains the truth.
SDC
Guest








PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to believe in whichever imaginary GAAWWD you want to, t4f, but there's no more reason for me to believe in your superstition than there is for me to believe in any OTHER superstition. Your babble is no different than that spouted by any other religous fruitcake of any stripe, and it has nothing more behind it than THEY do, ie. "my magic book is true because my magic book says my magic book is true". Your magic book in particular contradicts itself so many times in so many ways that if it told me the sky was blue, I'd have to go outside to check for myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Australian pub bars heterosexuals

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB