Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long before Iran is attacked?
1 month
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
3 months
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
6 months
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
1 year
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 years
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: U.S. Navy Sends Carriers Near Iran Reply with quote

Quote:
The U.S. Navy staged its latest show of military force off the Iranian coastline on Wednesday, sending two aircraft carriers and landing ships packed with 17,000 U.S. Marines and sailors to carry out unannounced exercises in the Persian Gulf.

The carrier strike groups led by the USS John C. Stennis and USS Nimitz were joined by the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard and its own strike group, which includes landing ships carrying members of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

How long before an attack?

I say six months.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no will left in the West. Iran already won back in Carter's day, when they got away with taking US hostages. The war is long since over, only the terms of our surrender are yet to be worked out.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters if the people have the will or not with Iran, for I believe they will attack so long as this crazy gang of religious fanatics are in charge! They are going to slay the Great Satain, we will fight these people if want to or not !We can fight them here or fight them there !
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
I don't think it matters if the people have the will or not with Iran, for I believe they will attack so long as this crazy gang of religious fanatics are in charge! They are going to slay the Great Satain, we will fight these people if want to or not !We can fight them here or fight them there !

Do you have an original thought?

I can guarentee you that had the Democrats been in power during 9/11 they too would have attacked Iraq. The vast majority of the senior leadership thought Saddam had WMDs after 9/11 and only changed their minds when it was politically expedient to do so. Even Paul Martin was quoted as saying that Saddam probably smuggled the WMDs into Syria.
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 month or less. It is not if, but when at this point. :twisted:
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't send the carriers too close. Watch out for those Sunburns!
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

Do you have an original thought?

I can guarentee you that had the Democrats been in power during 9/11 they too would have attacked Iraq. The vast majority of the senior leadership thought Saddam had WMDs after 9/11 and only changed their minds when it was politically expedient to do so. Even Paul Martin was quoted as saying that Saddam probably smuggled the WMDs into Syria.

Me no I never have an original thought.......
Why that way you can always blame who ever did, I always go with the flow.... not
Thats why I wasted my time in iron & Steel, steelworks around the world wasting my time and money in areas that all the smatest people on wall st and bay st and our governments where very publicly stating was a complete waste of time. They where all wrong then and they still are !Leadership! Action Now ! Make it happen! Thats Me !
FascistLibertarian

votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top leadership of Iran is not entirely made up of people with extermist views. I wish there was some way of using a carrot and a stick to get rid of Ahmadinejad. An attack of Iran is the last thing the West or the US needs right now.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
The top leadership of Iran is not entirely made up of people with extermist views. I wish there was some way of using a carrot and a stick to get rid of Ahmadinejad. An attack of Iran is the last thing the West or the US needs right now.

Only the Iranian people can do that. For what is needed is a new government and freedom, freedom of speach and freedom of relidgon, Free to beWestern and modern and walk with the leaders of the world. Free general elections. I would suggest that the current governing power would have the greatest chance by givimg freedom to all people in Iran to vote for their Ideas or Vote aganist them. After a suitable amount of public debate a vote should be held for freedom and fixed election dates just like we have !They could start the whole process themselfs just by shutting down the Nuke process. I hope that on the next day we can get them to come tp Canada and help us shut down ours. I am shore we could get someone from Washington to show up !
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your solution is the Iranian regime voluntarily gives up its power and Iran becomes a secular western democracy modeled after us with elections because elections mean freedom? And that Canada and Iran both give up nuclear power because then maybe the US and say Isreal will follow our examples? :roll:
I dont really know how to respond......
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadership, thought strength is the only solution !
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means Airstrikes is the solution right now to keep Iran at bay.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for more from Nato where is it ?
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have air power that can shut down Iran in the Gulf now, but I would like to see our French and German friends as well ! Nato has very good air and sea power it should be there much of it!
FascistLibertarian

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Nato airpower doesnt matter, basically if the US wants to do it we can do it, otherwise no one besides Isreal is going to launch a strike on Iran. Germany and France will never support a preemptive nonUN supported strike.
2) If there is an airstrike it is highly likely that Iran will dramatically increase their support for the Shia militia's. Basically Iran has the ability to make it very sticky for America in Iraq.

If your really intrested read pp52 of this weeks economist for a good analysis.
Time did a decent cover story on the Iranian Pres a little while ago as well.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: