Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long before Iran is attacked?
1 month
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
3 months
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
6 months
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
1 year
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 years
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets put it this way seeing as you had to bring in politics lets point to the good old USA the leader of the free world I understand. How about any of the Gulf States or southern Atlantic states. I like the bond programs that they offer, the training programs as well as the infstructure programs. Not to mention out right cash grants!
Where would you like to start , perhaps in British Columbia where they have land zoned for industrial us and no enviromental Or perhaps you would like to start with our own American and Canadian controlled world bank.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if we did not have to pay for universal health care, we could afford to pay for these programs you talk about. Where is the money going to come from otherwise? Do you want to raise taxes? Less businesses will want to locate in Canada.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Perhaps if we did not have to pay for universal health care, we could afford to pay for these programs you talk about. Where is the money going to come from otherwise? Do you want to raise taxes? Less businesses will want to locate in Canada.

Sales Tax was introduced in Canada as hospital sales tax I believe.
Perhaps we could just return to having the hospital sales tax pay for the medical system
We do not need to raise taxes at all, 2500 jobs at 75000 a year will supply plenty of taxes just the way things are now, not to mention the 4 to 5000 spin off jobs.
Last but not least a private corp. as this would be would be paying taxes on the profits it generates to Canada and Nova Scotia. What is the tax rate today on profits.....
More business will want to locate where energy and reources are available at reasonable costs with a highly productive work force as is available in New Scotland !
Also other industries in the area stand to gain with local resources replacing curent imports to the area!And reduce their costs as well !
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
As for what would I do, I would start by cutting trade with our Nato [sic] so called friends who are gaining the most from dealing with our enenies [sic] in the middle east and asia [sic]. I am talking about our German Friends and French friends who have been doing and are doing verywell [sic] selling and building plants and equipments [sic] to Iran, and China and others that are not interested in our future.
I would also have blockaided [sic] Iran the day they grabed [sic] the first British Sailer [sic], I would have shut down anything that flyes [sic], sails or drives into ,[sic] out of [sic] or in Iran. If it was up to me I would have all of Iran in the dark and on foot!
Nothing would move in Iran anywhere unless I say so ! [sic]

That's a plan, but there's some considerations I believe you've missed. Just as the United States is re establishing good relations with both Germany and France it would not be in our best interest to cut trade with them. Strong arming those countries to that extent will not help. And I think we all would love to put the screws on with China, but is it going to change their support of Iran overnight? I don't think so. A measured pressure will be used I'm sure. Unfortunately our global economy relies too heavily on other countries, and with our massive debt we simply cannot use trade as a weapon.
There's still a good chance of encouraging and supporting an internal overthrow of the government there as well. Until that option is past, secluding Iran as we have North Korea is not a viable option. I believe with the current ship build up near Iran, a Naval blockade may be the next step. It's really a touchy situation.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
As for what would I do, I would start by cutting trade with our Nato [sic] so called friends who are gaining the most from dealing with our enenies [sic] in the middle east and asia [sic]. I am talking about our German Friends and French friends who have been doing and are doing verywell [sic] selling and building plants and equipments [sic] to Iran, and China and others that are not interested in our future.
I would also have blockaided [sic] Iran the day they grabed [sic] the first British Sailer [sic], I would have shut down anything that flyes [sic], sails or drives into ,[sic] out of [sic] or in Iran. If it was up to me I would have all of Iran in the dark and on foot!

That's a plan, but there's some considerations I believe you've missed. Just as the United States is re establishing good relations with both Germany and France it would not be in our best interest to cut trade with them. Strong arming those countries to that extent will not help. And I think we all would love to put the screws on with China, but is it going to change their support of Iran overnight? I don't think so. A measured pressure will be used I'm sure. Unfortunately our global economy relies too heavily on other countries, and with our massive debt we simply cannot use trade as a weapon.
There's still a good chance of encouraging and supporting an internal overthrow of the government there as well. Until that option is past, secluding Iran as we have North Korea is not a viable option. I believe with the current ship build up near Iran, a Naval blockade may be the next step. It's really a touchy situation.

America is referred to as the leader of the free world not the fallower of the Free world.
Today Canada is one of the largest suppliers to these 2 Countries that befriend out enemy. Raw materials that they both are using to build and supply our Enemies. While both make half hearted atemp to pull their share of the load at Nato and the War on Terror! I say we do not need to make our enemy any stronger at all in anyway peroid !
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
truth4freedom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:

America is referred to as the leader of the free world not the fallower of the Free world.
Today Canada is one of the largest suppliers to these 2 Countries that befriend out enemy. Raw materials that they both are using to build and supply our Enemies. While both make half hearted atemp to pull their share of the load at Nato and the War on Terror! I say we do not need to make our enemy any stronger at all in anyway peroid !

Theres is still a chance that our enemies will get hit by lighting also but I would not count on that either !
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://patdollard.com/2007/05/.....with-iran/

The story at the above link is a good read

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: