Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long before Iran is attacked?
1 month
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
3 months
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
6 months
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
1 year
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 years
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would really make Iran buckle at the knees is a steep spike in the price of gasoline. They subsidize their domestic price, while at the same time have very little refining capacity. So they have to buy gasoline at world market price, and then the sell it for 33 cents per gallon. We could bankrupt them pretty easily if the wholesale price of gasoline went up by a dollar or two a gallon.

Of course, then Layton would complain of price gouging, while wanting an even higher price with a carbon tax.
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
1) Nato airpower doesnt matter, basically if the US wants to do it we can do it, otherwise no one besides Isreal is going to launch a strike on Iran. Germany and France will never support a preemptive nonUN supported strike.
2) If there is an airstrike it is highly likely that Iran will dramatically increase their support for the Shia militia's. Basically Iran has the ability to make it very sticky for America in Iraq.

If your really intrested read pp52 of this weeks economist for a good analysis.
Time did a decent cover story on the Iranian Pres a little while ago as well.

They can make it very stickey if they can move around. If we set those 5 aircraft carriers lose along with all those support vessels and equipment. No one in Iran will be able to step into the street, there will be no power, no bridges, no infastructure at all if we chose, we could level all of Iran and Iraq, perhaps that is what we should do ?
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FascistLibertarian wrote:
1) Nato airpower doesnt matter, basically if the US wants to do it we can do it, otherwise no one besides Isreal is going to launch a strike on Iran. Germany and France will never support a preemptive nonUN supported strike.
2) If there is an airstrike it is highly likely that Iran will dramatically increase their support for the Shia militia's. Basically Iran has the ability to make it very sticky for America in Iraq.

If your really intrested read pp52 of this weeks economist for a good analysis.
Time did a decent cover story on the Iranian Pres a little while ago as well.

If i was the US i would go for it and backed Iranian Rebels to overthrow the Regime in Iran. I won't be surprise if France and Germany won't go through with it since they are afaird everytime they go to Mideast their Radicals will go nuts in their nations.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the U.S does anything it will be strategic bombing of the Iranian nuclear program.

It worked in Iraq during the first gulf war.
So we discovered during the 2nd gulf war. :lol:
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Leadership, thought strength is the only solution !

This is what Saddam did to people who challenged him....

It is easy for liberals like yourself to put forth unrealistic, idealized solutions. Sometimes it takes conservatives with a set of testicles to actually do anything.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Leadership, thought strength is the only solution !

This is what Saddam did to people who challenged him....

It is easy for liberals like yourself to put forth unrealistic, idealized solutions. Sometimes it takes conservatives with a set of testicles to actually do anything.

Well where are these conservatives, I don't see any, as for testicles talk is cheap and so far your not making much happen to change anything !
truth4freedom

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Well where are these conservatives, I don't see any, as for testicles talk is cheap and so far your [sic] not making much happen to change anything ! [sic]

Just like an ideological liberal to not even admit the presence of conservatives when they are everywhere. Just because the MSM does not report on them, does not mean that conservatives are not taking action or in the majority, because we clearly are.

So my nihilist friend, what would you propose to confront a tyrannical President such as Iran's? A President who declares Jews are dogs and will be wiped off the face of the earth as soon as he can build a nuclear weapon which his country is rapidly doing, all in the name of his god? You seem to want to talk to such a creature in the hopes he may see the light before he presses the button and ends the lives of a few million people. In the same breath you say talk is cheap. Which is it?
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth4freedom wrote:
Nicklan wrote:
Well where are these conservatives, I don't see any, as for testicles talk is cheap and so far your [sic] not making much happen to change anything ! [sic]

Just like an ideological liberal to not even admit the presence of conservatives when they are everywhere. Just because the MSM does not report on them, does not mean that conservatives are not taking action or in the majority, because we clearly are.

So my nihilist friend, what would you propose to confront a tyrannical President such as Iran's? A President who declares Jews are dogs and will be wiped off the face of the earth as soon as he can build a nuclear weapon which his country is rapidly doing, all in the name of his god? You seem to want to talk to such a creature in the hopes he may see the light before he presses the button and ends the lives of a few million people. In the same breath you say talk is cheap. Which is it?

I did support Paul Martin, at the time when I first heard him speak he was the most Conservative of everyone in all the parties at that time in my opinion and I voted for him and supportrd him in anyway I could. Other then him I have always voted Conservative federal .And I am a conservative party member. I spent years with one of the most respected conservatives in Nova Scotia if Not Canada. That Man was Dan MacLead of the Black River Road near Scotsburn, our family has also always traditionaly been conservative.
As for what would I do, I would start by cutting trade with our Nato so called friends who are gaining the most from dealing with our enenies in the middle east and asia. I am talking about our German Friends and French friends who have been doing and are doing verywell selling and building plants and equipments to Iran, and China and others that are not interested in our future.
I would also have blockaided Iran the day they grabed the first British Sailer, I would have shut down anything that flyes, sails or drives into , out of or in Iran. If it was up to me I would have all of Iran in the dark and on foot!
Nothing would move in Iran anywhere unless I say so !
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
That Man was Dan MacLead of the Black River Road near Scotsburn, our family has also always traditionaly been conservative.

I have relatives in that area... The Grahams who came across on the Hector and built the first Presbyterian Church in Scotsburn.

-Mac
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mac New Scotland needs rebuilding what can you do to help?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, if you can keep the government from interfering, that would probably be a great help. Spudco, Gigatext, the successes of government in business are too numerous to count.
Mac

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Well Mac New Scotland needs rebuilding what can you do to help?

I'm on the wrong coast to do much but my retirement plans include NS. Like kwlafayette said, keeping the government out of the picture would be half of the solution. NS needs to do what Ireland did... ignite a Celtic Tiger economy.

-Mac
Nicklan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The governments are not to operate industry but they must support Canadian Industry just as American Governments and others support their Industry. Infact our governments in some cases are doing more for competing industry in competing nations then we do for the same industry here in Canada Now.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Government has been a big supporter of the steel industry, the auto industry, the farming industry, and others, for great many years. I ask you, how many of these industries are entirely healthy in Canada? Why would government support now end up any different from the government support of the past?
Mac

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Why would government support now end up any different from the government support of the past?

The same reason why some people claim Communism hasn't been tried?

-Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: