Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time Reply with quote

Quote:
Climate change will be considered a joke in five years time, meteorologist Augie Auer told the annual meeting of Mid Canterbury Federated Farmers in Ashburton this week.

Man's contribution to the greenhouse gases was so small we couldn't change the climate if we tried, he maintained.

"We're all going to survive this. It's all going to be a joke in five years," he said.

A combination of misinterpreted and misguided science, media hype, and political spin had created the current hysteria and it was time to put a stop to it.

"It is time to attack the myth of global warming," he said.

Water vapour was responsible for 95 per cent of the greenhouse effect, an effect which was vital to keep the world warm, he explained.

"If we didn't have the greenhouse effect the planet would be at minus 18 deg C but because we do have the greenhouse effect it is plus 15 deg C, all the time."

The other greenhouse gases: carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen dioxide, and various others including CFCs, contributed only five per cent of the effect, carbon dioxide being by far the greatest contributor at 3.6 per cent.

However, carbon dioxide as a result of man's activities was only 3.2 per cent of that, hence only 0.12 per cent of the greenhouse gases in total. Human-related methane, nitrogen dioxide and CFCs etc made similarly minuscule contributions to the effect: 0.066, 0.047 and 0.046 per cent respectively.

"That ought to be the end of the argument, there and then," he said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaruh.....a6571.html
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see if there's a statistical gender divide in CO2 emissions...

hmmm
Nicklan

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make it interesting and say that in 5 years if climate change is not a joke that you will jump off of the highest ice burg in the North !
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's right, but I think it will probably be more like 20 years before people start shaking their heads.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to be doing a better job about what we are releasing in to the air that all of the future generations will have to breath in !
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think we need to be doing a better job about what we are releasing in to the air that all of the future generations will have to breath in !

Agreed, however, Kyoto and global warming has nothing to do with that. They only deal with C02, which is non-toxic.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyoto as far as I can Tell is all about trading and tranferring money from the have nations to the have nots and the fees that both will pay the traders not to mention the profites of the traders.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to wait. Climate change is a joke now. Unfortunately, some people don't get it.

-Mac
biggie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Why not make it interesting and say that in 5 years if climate change is not a joke that you will jump off of the highest ice burg in the North !

Well nicklan, if you look at what the climate change alarmists are saying, even THEY don't see five years as a point where we'll know..

How about an altered bet - if in 20 years, climate change hasn't come true, you'll pay all of us "bull#$^!" credits for the previous 20 years - at $2.00/day... 8)
Nicklan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I can afford the trading fee for Bull=0-=0 contracts now or in 20 years
But, if you want to talk about opening up the North West Passage to year round shipping now, I am in
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably take longer than that. I mean, we still have people who are irrationally afraid of anything nuclear. Heck, there are still hippies in the world. I wonder how accurate that "CO2 is 0.12% of the greenhouse effect"? because if that is true, carbon taxes, Kyoto, and all the rest is really totally pointless.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man Kind has not built a perfect machine to date and is unlikely to in the near future. These Nuke Generating Machines have failed badly a few times already, at the cost of thousands of lives! When Man builds the perfect machine get back to me, for then we can consider building the Perfect Nuke Machine!
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Carbon trading forget about it, put your money where your mouth is and do it for real. Build the cleanest and the best we can do it lets set the Western Standard and have the Western Markets held to the Western Standard. If you want to sell to our markets you will meet our standard or sell some place else. For example we could start with Blast Furances tax all products made with them, no tax on the clean processes that compete with them !
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicklan wrote:
Man Kind has not built a perfect machine to date and is unlikely to in the near future. These Nuke Generating Machines have failed badly a few times already, at the cost of thousands of lives! When Man builds the perfect machine get back to me, for then we can consider building the Perfect Nuke Machine!

Ummm. Many early aircraft crashed killing their test pilots. Good thing you weren't in charge or flight would still be science fiction. We would have never landed on the moon because spacecraft kill people. Heck we should close all manufacturing facilities because of fatalities on the job site.
Nicklan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Craft and Air craft do crash and Kill people infact two people in my family have been killed in plane crashes. One in Iran in a DC-3 in 1976 and the other in South Carolina in an F-18. They where both pilots and not only new what they where getting into but they both loved flying. While aircraft crashs kill in thousands of aircrafts each year around the world. I do not know of any aircraft or spacecraft crashes that will kill the whole population for hundreds of miles like the Nukes have !

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Jump to: